FOX News Inaugural Clip

b3groover
deaf.

Re: FOX News Inaugural Clip

Post by b3groover » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:25 pm

Mr PC wrote:
TrumpsHair wrote:
Mr PC wrote: The complaining is just another chance to bash Bush.
And we should take every fucking chance we get to criticize this moron. We have a monkey for a president.

I love it. This stuff can be annoying, but it only works to point out the freak streak that runs so deeply on the left side. Keep it up, let your freak-flag fly, and the GOP will keep winning.

PC
Freak streak on the left? Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather hang out with the lefty freaks than the majority of Bush supporters who read books like the Left Behind series. Talk about freaks!

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:29 pm

Mr PC wrote:The only hope for long term security is for the middle east to be more modern and democratic.
Translation: The only way for people to live is to be like us. If they don't want to, we force them to. Just look what we did to the Native Americans, to the slaves we brought over, to the masses of immigrants, etc.

They don't call it the "melting pot" for nothing, folks!

"Our way or the highway, crazy Muslim towelheads!"

:roll:

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:29 pm

Hot Freaks!!!!!!!

I like the Freakies brand cereal when I was a kid.

We are the freakies
We are the freakies
(something something)

We never miss a meal
'Cause we love our cereaeeel

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:35 pm

b3groover wrote:
Mr PC wrote:The only hope for long term security is for the middle east to be more modern and democratic.
Translation: The only way for people to live is to be like us. If they don't want to, we force them to. Just look what we did to the Native Americans, to the slaves we brought over, to the masses of immigrants, etc.

They don't call it the "melting pot" for nothing, folks!

Hey babe--

There is lots of room for differing cultures in the world of democracy. I think everyone deserves to live in a decent society where they can have a say in how they are governed.

If I didn't think that muslims were capable of electing their own leaders and enjoying relatively open societies, then I might think they are just a bunch of crazy towelheads.

PC

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:51 pm

b3groover wrote:

You just reminded me of a dinner party I went to a few years ago. I'm a very laid back guy...but people too often mistake kindess for weakness and complacence. I had just broken off my engagement with my fiance who happened to be a muslim and from Saudi Arabia. At this dinner, an associate (not a friend) said to me, "so you're not fucking that towel head anymore, huh". I'm not a violent man, but I sincerely felt like knocking him out with an unopened wine bottle. Not so much because he referred to muslims as towel heads - it was the manner in which he said it - in the context of his other idiotic statements, it was obvious that he was fucking racist.

Personally, I think that politically incorrect statements are hilarious as long as they're meant to be a joke, but this person was only seemingly "joking" to fit in. In reality, he was being a covert, racist cunt. I'm politically incorrect all the time...but I try to make sure people know my intent. I'm not waving a confederate flag and not I'm sporting a swastika tatoo. But, the towel head thing is kind of funny if it's presented in a lighthearted manner, with no ill intent. But, boy I wanted to mess that cunt up.

Yours Truly,
Honkey Jackrabbit Cracker Motherfucker of Eastern European decent. I'm only here cause Hitler tried to wipe my forefathers out. I'm lucky that my Great Grandfather was sent here at the age of five by his parents...I wouldn't be alive if he hadn't survived.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:09 pm

iwok, that guy was a true cunt. His was an incredible display of ignorance on many levels. Even if he was dark hearted enough to think such a thing, how insensitive could he be to say that to you?

I know what you mean about bad thoughts and utterances if they are not done in a way that is at least genuinely intended to be ironic. This last Friday my band played a gig that was a benefit for the tsunami victims. I was dumb enough to say to our loudmouth singer (I've known him for 20 years) "so I guess we won't be doing 'Wipe Out' tonight". Of course, he repeated the comment during our set. That thought is a bad one, but you can't always keep them from coming up.
Last edited by Mr PC on Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:16 pm

I meant it as a joke. I hope no offense was taken.

Isn't it wild when someone says something like that? It usually takes me aback because I associate with more empathetic and tolerant people.

For instance, my wife and I bought our current house in August of 2003. We met the neighbors over the course of the next few months. One of them, an older guy living by himself, seemed very nice and was very helpful. He'd loan me tools to help with my remodeling and offer advice and such.

One day we were shooting the shit about the neighborhood and he started telling me about the folks that lived in the house next to ours, which was being renovated but used to be a low-income rental. He referred to the previous tenants as "filthy Mexicans".

Rude as that was, the next thing out of my mouth made me want to deck the guy. He was talking about his next door neighbors and how "those niggers like to hang out on their front porch all night".

I was schocked. He could tell by the look on my face and said, "You're probably not used to that term here. I'm from down south and that's what we call them."

That's great... I'm from the north and we call you racist hillbillies. How does that sit?

Asshole.

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:37 pm

Hats off to the last couple of comments, PC and B3.

No offence taken B3. I knew what you meant - and I've experienced similar situations to what you've described about your neighbors.

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:53 pm

MR.PC, are you aware that there were no WMDs, the Bush administration has recently said so, and that there is no evidence that there ever were any??

Please, justify the war, with the knowlege there there were no WMDs.

phalex
tinnitus

Post by phalex » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:45 am

ec?amoR ecnaL wrote:MR.PC, are you aware that there were no WMDs, the Bush administration has recently said so, and that there is no evidence that there ever were any??

Not in his defense, but this has already been addressed.
Mr PC wrote:I will not get into my 88th back-and-forth about the war in Iraq. I think it is in the long term strategic interest of the USA to be rid of Saddam and his WMD threat and to support the emergence of representative governments in the region. The only hope for long term security is for the middle east to be more modern and democratic. There are staunch liberals who realize this like Thomas Friedman of the NY Times. He has plenty of beefs with Bush, but is honest enough to see the long term necessity of encouraging democracy over there.

Despite the tragic occurrences that are the result of this policy, Iraq will be a far better place down the road. You can't consider what went on before the war to be peaceful or without bloodshed and tragedy.

Despite the embarrassment of not finding stockpiles of wmd's, Iraq under Saddam still posed a threat in that regard given his intentions and ongoing efforts to have wmd programs. It would be worse when the sanctions fell through, which they would have.

That is my quick and incomplete explanation. I don't pretend that there is simply no argument on your side. It is a big world full of all kinds of people. You should be willing to realize that there are indeed valid arguments on my side, even if you think they are flat wrong.
My biggest problem is that they did not ask for our help. If they had asked for us to help them remove Saddam Hussein this war would be legitimate in my eyes.

Their our other dictators in Africa and Asia who will be left in power, are we going to invade them as well.
Werd.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:59 am

ec?amoR ecnaL wrote:MR.PC, are you aware that there were no WMDs, the Bush administration has recently said so, and that there is no evidence that there ever were any??

I don't know what your definition of "there were no WMD's" is. What was Clinton talking about in the 90's? Or Kerry for that matter? Why were there all of those UN resolutions demanding that Saddam get rid of his WMD's and WMD programs? It's not as if Bush and co. made this shit up. Remember that Saddam used WMD's against the Kurds in the 80's.

The USA was not alone in thinking Iraq had WMD's, and Iraq did indeed have WMD programs, and had designs on getting the programs going again after sanctions were lifted.

The Dulfer (spelling?) report conclusively found that there were no stockpiles of WMD's, but not that there were no programs to make them. Don't get me wrong, not finding the things is and should be an embarrassment for Bush and the USA, but I don't think it can be established that Bush manufactured the WMD threat to serve his warmongering purposes.

Crap. Here I go again. That's my stinking little case on WMD's and the war. I'm done this time-

PC

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:56 am

north korea has wmds, that crazy bespectacled leader dude has been commiting genocide for years, but no oil.

we'll leave em alone.......

lets pick on iraq....

iran is next.........

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:58 pm

whats funny is that all of you seem to think that MRPC is capable of SEEING things from both sides, and making decisions based on that.

whats FAR TOO OBVIOUS is that he is just a self-lying/truth-denying imbecile that LOVES all this attention, but more importantly WILL NOT BOW DOWN TO LOGIC.

as all bush supporter have in common:
they are not out there to learn the truth...
..they are there to recite right-wing propaganda (just like hitler supporters did in before ww2)

everyone please, stop trying to use logic with an ignoramus....theres no point.
you cant help someone who doesnt want to be helped.......or in this case just too much of a stupid coward to see truth

a bush supporter (rather curious animal) will always justify whatever they want to or need to or what is convenient to their agenda......NOT THE TRUTH.

fuck em
not worth your time.

BIAAAAAAAATCH

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:13 pm

Ah, high tek-

What can I say but congratulations on yet another quality offering. We are in your debt, lucky enough to read your piquant observations. Your insight is greatly appreciated. I'll keep this short, as I'm sure you are busy working on your doctoral thesis.

Thanks again-

PC

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:24 pm

Mr PC wrote:Ah, high tek-

What can I say but congratulations on yet another quality offering. We are in your debt, lucky enough to read your piquant observations. Your insight is greatly appreciated. I'll keep this short, as I'm sure you are busy working on your doctoral thesis.

Thanks again-

PC
i love generic responses.