FOX News Inaugural Clip

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Re: FOX News Inaugural Clip

Post by trodden » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:38 pm

high tek wrote:
Mr PC wrote:Ah, high tek-

What can I say but congratulations on yet another quality offering. We are in your debt, lucky enough to read your piquant observations. Your insight is greatly appreciated. I'll keep this short, as I'm sure you are busy working on your doctoral thesis.

Thanks again-

PC
i love generic responses.
I love leather pants.

Too bad they aint vegan.

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:41 pm

high tek wrote:
Mr PC wrote:Ah, high tek-

What can I say but congratulations on yet another quality offering. We are in your debt, lucky enough to read your piquant observations. Your insight is greatly appreciated. I'll keep this short, as I'm sure you are busy working on your doctoral thesis.

Thanks again-

PC
i love generic responses.
Ha ha, he made fun of you for not being a doctor!!! Your not smart enough to be a doctor?? Ha ha ha ha. :rofl:

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:57 pm

I don't care what any of you say damnit...

Clay Aiken is the best!

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:58 pm

Mr PC wrote:
ec?amoR ecnaL wrote:MR.PC, are you aware that there were no WMDs, the Bush administration has recently said so, and that there is no evidence that there ever were any??

Please, justify the war, with the knowlege there there were no WMDs.

I don't know what your definition of "there were no WMD's" is. What was Clinton talking about in the 90's? Or Kerry for that matter? Why were there all of those UN resolutions demanding that Saddam get rid of his WMD's and WMD programs? It's not as if Bush and co. made this shit up. Remember that Saddam used WMD's against the Kurds in the 80's.

The USA was not alone in thinking Iraq had WMD's, and Iraq did indeed have WMD programs, and had designs on getting the programs going again after sanctions were lifted.

The Dulfer (spelling?) report conclusively found that there were no stockpiles of WMD's, but not that there were no programs to make them. Don't get me wrong, not finding the things is and should be an embarrassment for Bush and the USA, but I don't think it can be established that Bush manufactured the WMD threat to serve his warmongering purposes.

Crap. Here I go again. That's my stinking little case on WMD's and the war. I'm done this time-

PC
Well, the thing is that the sanctions we had put on Iraq were working, and the UN told us this. The other nations that did in fact join us joined us based on the case we made that there were WMDs, which there weren't. Not to mention economic ties to the US.

This isn't about politics to me. This is about human life, regardless of where they were born or what they believe. This is about right or wrong. And the utter disregard for human life that has been displayed in this preemptive war, weather it be the torturing of prisoners or the lack of care given to our own hard fighting soldiers. it is a disgusting and shameful display, and there is no question. All the evidence here makes a lot of sense, and speaks mountains.

Bush has dealt with oil in the past, doesn't the idea that he would like access to an oil rich area make sense??? Doesn't it seem strange that our oil supply seems to be drying up at this particular moment??? Or doesn't it?? Is that just coincidence?? It could be. But i'm still not sure why we haven't launched a massive strike on Korea. They do in fact WMDs. Don't you think the fact they do and have threatened us, but we are putting our efforts into a region without WMDs seem odd?? Or doesn't it?

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:03 pm

ok

phalex
tinnitus

Post by phalex » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:52 pm

Who are we to decide who can have WMD and who can't? It is okay for us and France and England to have them but not for India and Iraq. I know that Iraq's is not as stable politically as us, but we can't attack people because they have the same weapons as us, that seems silly.
Werd.

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:55 pm

ec?amoR ecnaL wrote:
Ha ha, he made fun of you for not being a doctor!!! Your not smart enough to be a doctor?? Ha ha ha ha. :rofl:
he cut and paste that response from a left-wing hippie that used it on him.

but i do applaud you lanceR for having patience with propaganda-reciters.
i just dont have the time.
through my experience, i found that no matter how much proof or logic you provide about anything to these rednecks......its futile.

to the person that has already made up their mind about how things are: logic/truth/proof is meaningless.

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:56 pm

phalex wrote:Who are we to decide who can have WMD and who can't? It is okay for us and France and England to have them but not for India and Iraq. I know that Iraq's is not as stable politically as us, but we can't attack people because they have the same weapons as us, that seems silly.
i know, its so ellitist its racist.
dont forget WHO SOLD those weapons to iraq in the first place.

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:20 pm

high tek wrote: through my experience, i found that no matter how much proof or logic you provide about anything to these rednecks......its futile.
What is interesting to me is the allegiance they all feel for Bush. I mean, when Clinton was in office I thought he was a slut from the beginning. Not for the Monica thing, but for the Welfare Reform, the sackless defense of National Health Care, etc. He sucked.

But man, Bush and conservatives - WTF? You can't get them to criticize anything this guy does. While the rest of the civilized world is taken aback by the incompetence of this administration, conservatives might complain about the medicare reform. It's stunning.

And the Christianity thing. Don't even get me started. Apparently Jesus was all about $500 a plate prayer breakfasts? Dropping bombs on schools and hospitals? Stealing Social Security from the geriatric ward? WTF?

Frankly, I thought we would have progressed past this blatant war-mongering and capitalist corporate cock sucking, but I was wrong. Perhaps there is no progress after all?

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:46 pm

foley wrote:
high tek wrote: through my experience, i found that no matter how much proof or logic you provide about anything to these rednecks......its futile.
What is interesting to me is the allegiance they all feel for Bush. I mean, when Clinton was in office I thought he was a slut from the beginning. Not for the Monica thing, but for the Welfare Reform, the sackless defense of National Health Care, etc. He sucked.
exactly.
the interesting thing is that most "lefties" will gladly admit if not point out themselves - the flaws of the government they supported.

but bush supporters, will look the other way, or simply not admit or talk about the HUGE TSUNAMI SIZE lies and hypocrisy coming from their front.
do you think its just fear?
or ego (afraid to admit being wrong.
maybe just plain ol stupidity and ignorance

maybe a combination of all?

what scares the crap out of me - is when PEOPLE decide to bow down to lies and deception....
i mean i EXPECT it from governments - but when people decide to lie to themselves.......thats what scares me....1984 style.
foley wrote:
And the Christianity thing. Don't even get me started. Apparently Jesus was all about $500 a plate prayer breakfasts? Dropping bombs on schools and hospitals? Stealing Social Security from the geriatric ward? WTF?

Frankly, I thought we would have progressed past this blatant war-mongering and capitalist corporate cock sucking, but I was wrong. Perhaps there is no progress after all?
where have you been dude?
Jesus IS ALL ABOUT 100,000 + dead ...........
not to mention using "bucky bombs" for the spread of freedom.

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:15 pm

...but bush supporters, will look the other way, or simply not admit or talk about the HUGE TSUNAMI SIZE lies and hypocrisy coming from their front. Do you think its just fear?
yes, all the above, and this has frustrated the hell out of me for the past year, in which its become obvious that there is something pathological about ALL Chimpy McSmirk surpporters. Left is right, up is down. Black is white, they really do go about their lives in some kind of crazy form of denial. They truly live in bizarro world.

Zeppelin4Life
re-cappin' neve

Post by Zeppelin4Life » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:03 pm

that gave me chills :shock:
?I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.?
David L
KC2UUM
RadioReference.com Admin, Albany NY

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:57 pm

high tek wrote:do you think its just fear?

maybe a combination of all?
I think they think they are smarter than liberals. Like they have reached a higher state of enlightenment because it is clear to them that old growth forests are not as important as a logger's job. And, of course, anyone who disagrees is just a tree-hugging hippy who needs to "wake up" and "get real." Ugh.

I was more ok with it when it was Bill Bennett and the rest of those strokes, but now that they are proclaiming Jesus while they rob the poor it is just starting to infuriate me. Apparently nothing is sacred.

The funny thing is that these right wingers are always talking about the secularization of society and how "the liberals" are ruining this "great country." But who the fuck is in power? What is the FOX network putting forth on television for "the family" to watch? It sure aint after school specials!

And of course the conservative Christians will talk about how secular everything is, while gushing forth about their Golden Calf George W. Bush. "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me"? They never heard of it.

Like I said, don't get me started. Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard.

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:03 am

Bush spent more on his inauguration (7 million dollars more - the next highest being his pappy at 33 milion) than any president in history. What happened to humility, to sacrafice? Rather than tone down his inaugural gala to reflect the times, he sticks the city of Washington D.C. with a 17 MILLION DOLLAR bill for security during the parade and inauguration. That 17 million came directly from the D.C. coffers - at a time when D.C. itself has one of the highest unemployment rates in it's history. At a time when that money could have been better spent on it's own security and well-being.

Mr. PC just how the hell do you justify something like that?

Fucking pathetic is what it is.

As for this 'long term strategy' - fuck that. There only strategy in the Bushies mind is consolidating their power and raping this land and it's people. The Medicare bill - nice one, gonna cost almost 400 BILLION more than they said. Now their next attack will be on social security - a nice little windfall for the fatcats on Wall Street when they can play with all that extra money, doing their best to bilk the working man out of their 'retirement' fund. Ownership society, my ass - it's more about the greed society.

Yeah, go on supporting these small-minded, warmongering little boys in mens clothing. One day maybe you'll realize how much damage they're doing.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:08 am

I havent read any comments on this yet, but that is ckassic Fox.

Take the most retarded haggard looking liberal, make them say something sobering and true, but make it appear as lunacy so every one rejects it.

Paging Mr. Orwell
boobs are life's fountain