FOX News Inaugural Clip

foley
pushin' record

FOX News Inaugural Clip

Post by foley » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:23 am

If you haven't seen it, you should:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2663486?htv=12

The woman speaks too much truth for FOX, so they need to cut her off quick. Geez.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Re: FOX News Inaugural Clip

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:37 am

Dudeman-

They let her have her own unexpected rant for over two minutes. That's not being "cut-off". Besides that she was full of shit. A great example of the self-righteous moron. She must be so very proud of herself for feeling on such an elevated level. Douchebag.

phalex
tinnitus

Post by phalex » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:41 am

That was sweet.
Werd.

Tomas
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Tomas » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:50 am

Mr PC wrote:They let her have her own unexpected rant for over two minutes.
What do you mean by "unexpected"? Someone speaking up their mind instead of following something that was pre-scripted?

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:02 pm

Judging from the opening question from the Fox chick about the snowy weather, I think the rant came out of left field (no pun intended). I don't think that an anti-Bush diatribe was part of the plan. They let her go on for quite a while. It was obvious that the Vanity Fair lady saw her chance to let it all out on TV and took it.

It's funny how the lefties out there go to such lengths to expose themselves as bitter losers. An inauguration exists for the purpose of commemorating the transfer of power, and it is always a pep-rally of sorts for the new president. Get the fuck over it. It's not going to be a give-and-take kind of thing, it is the president's party.

PC

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:27 pm

I agree, they didn't exactly cut her off, she made very good points, and was not self-righteous at all. Have you ever watched FOX News??? Bill O'Rielly, Hanity And Colms, how ever their names are spelled, they are pretty fucking self-righteous.

Your defending is beyond reason.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:30 pm

Defending beyond reason? What am I defending?

I don't have cable, so I don't watch Fox News.

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:44 pm

You appear to be defending the Bush's spending of $40 million for the inauguration. I would think it would bother any supporter of the troops that they are willing to drop this kind of coin on the parties, while making excuses for the lack of proper armor. But, maybe not.

The proceeds from the parties during President Lincoln's second inaugural went to the families of fallen Union soldiers. It was quite a bit of money at that time, and it is one of those little things that showed Lincoln's class. As the woman in the clip mentioned, FDR served chicken salad in '45. Even Nixon's inaugurals were toned down to respect the situation in 'Nam.

Of course one could argue that this war is not about freedom, it is about the securing of energy reserves. One could also argue that the troops are nothing more than a paid military force designed to protect and advance the interests of the corporations that fund the US government. I personally would not like to be that cynical, but this kind of elaborate, oblivious celebrating certainly seems to support that notion.

Or to put it another way, if you were a marine in Mosul this week who lost one of your friends to an IED, how would you feel about the cable feed coming from Washington?

phalex
tinnitus

Post by phalex » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:50 pm

foley wrote:The proceeds from the parties during President Lincoln's second inaugural went to the families of fallen Union soldiers. It was quite a bit of money at that time, and it is one of those little things that showed Lincoln's class. As the woman in the clip mentioned, FDR served chicken salad in '45. Even Nixon's inaugurals were toned down to respect the situation in 'Nam.
I can't believe you are comparing Bush to Lincoln and FDR. But you said that well.
Werd.

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:57 pm

phalex wrote:
foley wrote:The proceeds from the parties during President Lincoln's second inaugural went to the families of fallen Union soldiers. It was quite a bit of money at that time, and it is one of those little things that showed Lincoln's class. As the woman in the clip mentioned, FDR served chicken salad in '45. Even Nixon's inaugurals were toned down to respect the situation in 'Nam.
I can't believe you are comparing Bush to Lincoln and FDR. But you said that well.
Well, they were all presidents, so its a fair comparison.

Whale oil beef hooked.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:42 pm

This inauguration is in line, cost-wise, with recent ones. I don't see how toning down an inauguration would in any way show any respect to soldiers in Iraq. I've heard that one reason FDR had a low-key inauguration in '45 is that he was quite ill by that time. The complaining is just another chance to bash Bush.

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:47 pm

Yes, another chance to bash bush with good reason. If you don't see how toning down the inauguration shows respect, watch that video clip again. She makes a very good point.

Same goes for any other president. Clinton, Bush Sr, and old Ronnie didn't have such lavish wars on their hands.

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:31 pm

Mr PC wrote: The complaining is just another chance to bash Bush.
And we should take every fucking chance we get to criticize this moron. We have a monkey for a president.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:55 pm

TrumpsHair wrote:
Mr PC wrote: The complaining is just another chance to bash Bush.
And we should take every fucking chance we get to criticize this moron. We have a monkey for a president.

I love it. This stuff can be annoying, but it only works to point out the freak streak that runs so deeply on the left side. Keep it up, let your freak-flag fly, and the GOP will keep winning.

PC

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:10 pm

Mr PC wrote:I don't see how toning down an inauguration would in any way show any respect to soldiers in Iraq.
Really? I mean, really? I understand that a lot of times we can argue positions we don't really believe in just to be contrary. Heck, I do it all the time. But do you really not think spending, say $20 million on the Inaugural, and spending the other $20 million on, say, free gas for all soldier's families for one month would show respect for the soldiers?

I am not trying to pick a fight here, this just seems like a no-brainer to me. You could be right about the GOP staying in power, but I'd like to think there is something more important than staying in power. I protested against the war, and my people may not be in power, but I sure as hell don't have American blood on my hands.