----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Re: Metronome

Post by Ivon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:12 pm

Walnut Studios wrote:http://www.metronomeonline.com/
Good contribution. Man, I've really learned to love metronomes. They are truly indispensable. I use them 95 percent of the time...unless I'm playing a bunch of odd time signatures and tempo changes (5 percent of the time). I haven't yet tried to sequence a metronome to guide me in those circumstances...I'm a little intimidated by the work that may encompass.

So much can affect the human tempo...coffee, nerves, alcohol, sleep, exercise, et cetera, but, the metronome never lies.

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:44 pm

I like to find new freeware/shareware every once in awhile, mainly because I always seem to be upgrading my PC and losing my freeware/shareware.

It's really hard to find an app that won't miss a beat due to processor usage or internet connections. The first one I posted here might not be optimal for these reasons, but if you dig around for the Crystal Metronome I think you will have a good time.

I have been sitting here playing to it for a little while now and it seems great!
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:58 pm

Walnut Studios wrote:I like to find new freeware/shareware every once in awhile, mainly because I always seem to be upgrading my PC and losing my freeware/shareware.
I hear you with the free/share ware. There are some great applications out there. Hammerhead. Analog X. Fun stuff. I do know what you mean, however, with regards to processor usage and internet connection. When I'm using my PC to record, I have to restart every couple of hours because the memory usage dogs the processor and creates latency...aaarrrgh matey!

Eventually, when I have some extra cash, I'd like to buy a new PC and dedicate it strictly to recording and use this one for lookin at boobs...oops, I mean keeping in touch with the world. :wink: