Apparently, there's just ONE way to skin a cat.

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Re: Apparently, there's just ONE way to skin a cat.

Post by Dr. Sausage » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:43 am

aww can't see it. too many visitors.

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:35 pm

strat0tele wrote:aww can't see it. too many visitors.
I think there's an alternative explanation.

BTW, this is one of the best threads of all time.

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:52 pm

Rigsby wrote:That is absolutely fucking disgusting and if it's not illegal it really fucking should be. Sick bitch.
You don't think she's just an artist? She's a living dialectic. She skins cats and she wants to paint the world pink. What is not to love?

O-kay, the Tawnee Stone collage is a bit much, but fuck, she did it. It's done.

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:55 pm

they are handsome looking purses..

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:33 pm

sonichue wrote:
Rigsby wrote:That is absolutely fucking disgusting and if it's not illegal it really fucking should be. Sick bitch.
You don't think she's just an artist? She's a living dialectic. She skins cats and she wants to paint the world pink. What is not to love?

O-kay, the Tawnee Stone collage is a bit much, but fuck, she did it. It's done.
This is the problem i have with the human race as a whole, it sees itself as a superior species, and therefore it feels it can justify treating any other species as both beneath it, there soley for it's benefit and ultimately expendable. In the world we currently live in, i can't see a reason why most of us would ever need to eat a dead animal, let alone skin it in the name of 'art'. That's bullshit. If art is to be at something's expense, it should be at the artist's, not a member of a different species who can't let you know that actually it doesn't want to be skinned with the whole process being gauped at by people on the internet. Fucking disgusting. I believe in consent, and if something or someone can't give you that consent you should leave it the fuck alone. I can see exceptions to this with a duty of care angle, but this hardly comes into it.

I'm appauled.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:55 pm

You all eat meat i bet.

those of you who think its gross or should be illegal...

what about the leather shoes on your feet or the fucking jack in the box burger you ate for lunch..

eh?

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:13 pm

trodden wrote:You all eat meat i bet.
I don't, my moneys where my mouth is. This shit has digusted me for eighteen years, i'm sure it will never cease. And you're vegan if i recall correctly? What do you make of it?
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:10 pm

MichaelAlan wrote:MAN!!! I went to the home page, and I have the studio speakers on, listening to music kinda low. When that wierd squish sound was cued it was REALLY loud and it made me jump up 9 feet in the air and now I'm typing from the attic.

Serisouly it scared the crap out of me.

Mike
me too! i was like wha?!

boring site if you ask me. i've seen too much of this arty abstract i'm-so-artistic-and-european crap.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:12 pm

the only thing i think is gross about it is the fact she did it like it was playing with construction paper and crayons. like nothing to it. that's kind of the disturbing part...

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:47 pm

wing wrote: boring site if you ask me. i've seen too much of this arty abstract i'm-so-artistic-and-european crap.
But she is European.

It doesn't strike me as abstract at all -- very in-your-face. very pop. at least what i've seen.

She made it sound like she killed her own pet cat on a whim to have it with her all the time. That, to me, is fucking hilarious. It's probably roadkill. I don't know if this is the same in Europe, but people love their cats here like they are people. The logical juxtaposition of love and taxidermy. Refreshing.

She's hot, and looks are probably %10 of it. O-kay, maybe %35.

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:55 pm

wing wrote:the only thing i think is gross about it is the fact she did it like it was playing with construction paper and crayons. like nothing to it. that's kind of the disturbing part...
Women who aren't squeemish are admirable. Especially girly ones. If I seem them on Fear Factor I give them props.

Once it's dead, I don't see how it matters. This makes me want to wear white at funerals and black at weddings. Not that I go to either.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:02 pm

sonichue wrote:
wing wrote: boring site if you ask me. i've seen too much of this arty abstract i'm-so-artistic-and-european crap.
But she is European.

It doesn't strike me as abstract at all -- very in-your-face. very pop. at least what i've seen.
i know she is european. that's what i'm saying-- just because she is doesn't make her any more interesting to me.

the point is: i've seen it all before many times.

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:32 am

wing wrote: i know she is european. that's what i'm saying-- just because she is doesn't make her any more interesting to me.
Why is there any pretense in being something you are?

If she's banal, she's banal, but her continent is no chink in the armor.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:54 am

Rigsby wrote:
trodden wrote:You all eat meat i bet.
I don't, my moneys where my mouth is. This shit has digusted me for eighteen years, i'm sure it will never cease. And you're vegan if i recall correctly? What do you make of it?
yeah i'm a vegan metal hippy scum. What do i think, well i think its pretty fucked up. But i could see the logics if someone's pet was very close to them and when it died of natural death, getting it stuffed to hang out on the table with you til your old and dead as well. I think making a purse is a little freaky. I start having major problems when animals are hurt or killed for profit and/or consumption.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:35 pm

sonichue wrote:
wing wrote: i know she is european. that's what i'm saying-- just because she is doesn't make her any more interesting to me.
Why is there any pretense in being something you are?

If she's banal, she's banal, but her continent is no chink in the armor.
because there is art that makes a matter of where it came from, or so it feels. there comes a point to me when things can say "i am so french" or whatever, like it even matters. that's what i'm saying-- who cares where you're from? we're on the same page here, it seems.