motivation

dungeonsound615
suffering 'studio suck'

motivation

Post by dungeonsound615 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:44 am

Does anyone find that they lack of lack of motivation, I dont knwo if its just me but lately it seems like ok i have htis lit of things to do i say im going to do them and all day long i put them off. I just wish i could get my ass moving and get stuff done and accomplish some goals.

Mike

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Re: motivation

Post by Kilroy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:48 am

That comes from smoking to much grass. :wink: But i know you dont smoke. But i have the same problem, but i am just lazy. Just try to force your self to do something on your list that is easy to do, then maybe you will get some motivation to do more.

-chris

p.s. i got me some work tomorrow!! :P

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:50 am

sometimes it's the list that is the problem itself. it's harrowing to see x number of things you have to get done. just isolate one thing and work intently on it without thinking about anything else. when you finish, it's time to think about the next item on the list.
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:51 am

dungeonsound615 wrote:Does anyone find that they lack of lack of motivation, I dont knwo if its just me but lately it seems like ok i have htis lit of things to do i say im going to do them and all day long i put them off. I just wish i could get my ass moving and get stuff done and accomplish some goals.

Mike
Well it depends. I usually feel motivated to do something, if not anything. What do you want to accomplish?

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:14 pm

I'm terrible at promoting my band. If I spent as much time promoting the band as I do writing songs we would be frickn' huge. The simplest thing like sending out a CD turns out to be the biggest pain in the ass. It sucks.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:21 pm

andrew embassy wrote:I'm terrible at promoting my band. If I spent as much time promoting the band as I do writing songs we would be frickn' huge. The simplest thing like sending out a CD turns out to be the biggest pain in the ass. It sucks.
Totally!!! I have a show tomorrow and I haven't told anybody!!! It takes so much energy to promote, it seems it would be better to relax.

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:22 pm

I get low motivation sometimes, but usually find, especially with music, that i just need to get off my ass and start and i'll be okay. Recently i have been highly motivated, almost completed a tune from scratch in the last two days, writing to recording (it'll take me a short while to get the cellos and marimba laid down though, but apart from that..) and tonight i've spent a couple of hours recording percussion in the bathroom and stairwell (awesome sounds), learning my parts for a gig on Friday and recording some glock parts for a fellow tape-opper (almost done, yours on thursday if you're reading), amazing what you can get done if you put your mind to it, i'm going to try to stay a lot more motivated than i've been the few weeks prior to this. I'm chuffed. Oh, and believe me, smoking's no excuse.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

AASteveo
studio intern

Post by AASteveo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:19 am

dungeonsound615 wrote:Does anyone find that they lack of lack of motivation?
I hear ya, buddy. The best thing to do is commit to one accomplishment per day. Eventually the list will thin out. If you don't do it, the list will get bigger. Then you'll just shut down and be depressed. Set deadlines for yourself and make sure you reach them. That's the only way it will work.