pelican!

sthslvrcnfsn
steve albini likes it

pelican!

Post by sthslvrcnfsn » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:29 pm

Just listening to an ep by a band called Pelican ... i like it. check it out.

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Re: pelican!

Post by Girl Toes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:37 pm

Oh yeah?

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:46 pm

thier new one sounds monstrous - i don't think it's out yet, but greg norman recorded it in studio B at electrical (30 ft ceilings) - huge room mics, super long (like 12-15 min) songs.

one of the best chicago bands right now. if you like them, the dudes are also in a band called tusk which predated pelican - and put out an awesome concept record called the tree of no return.

http://www.tortugarecordings.com/releases/TR028.htm

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:10 pm

i like them, the japanese band mono is along the same lines and pretty good as well.
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

tommymakestapes
alignin' 24-trk

Post by tommymakestapes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:05 pm

do they have a new one after austraisia? the sound one was so much better then the ep that came out before it. i like both those though.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:08 pm

Very Isis, but good.

I don't own it, but have heard some tracks.

I heard an awesome record last night also from the hydra head branch off label
I think the band is called TUSK.. first thing i do tonight is asking roommate to put that back on.. fucking cool.

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:12 pm

some dudes from pelican are in that band tusk which, as it turns out, predates pelican.
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:21 pm

xonlocust wrote:
one of the best chicago bands right now. if you like them, the dudes are also in a band called tusk which predated pelican - and put out an awesome concept record called the tree of no return.

http://www.tortugarecordings.com/releases/TR028.htm
ahh yeah
i heard that the dudes are also in a band called tusk which predated pelican.

yep, tree of no return is what i heard last night..
my new fave record..
reminded me of a darker Rudimentary Peni (circa death church) in some ways.. vocal style and lyric style along with the music being something different as well.

AASteveo
studio intern

Post by AASteveo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:16 am

Pelican rocks! I mix it with my Isis playlist and it's absolute bliss. :D

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:34 am

tommymakestapes wrote:do they have a new one after austraisia? the sound one was so much better then the ep that came out before it. i like both those though.
the one greg recorded at electrical isn't out yet, and is after austrailasia - it was probably tracked about 2 months ago. i think the EP before austailasia they recorded themselves, and i don't think greg recorded austrailasia.

tusk also has a record before tree of no return called get ready.

http://www.hewhocorrupts.com/tusk/bio_disc.html

greg recorded get ready and tree at his house. i believe tree was the first session in SGSII with his new console. i was over there soldering the night before to help get the place ready for them - i think we installed the rack gear at 6am after working through the night and they showed up at like 10am to start. fun times... i got to go home and sleep but he had to run a session... must have been hell.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:29 pm

xonlocust wrote:
tommymakestapes wrote:do they have a new one after austraisia? the sound one was so much better then the ep that came out before it. i like both those though.
the one greg recorded at electrical isn't out yet, and is after austrailasia - it was probably tracked about 2 months ago. i think the EP before austailasia they recorded themselves, and i don't think greg recorded austrailasia.

tusk also has a record before tree of no return called get ready.

http://www.hewhocorrupts.com/tusk/bio_disc.html

greg recorded get ready and tree at his house. i believe tree was the first session in SGSII with his new console. i was over there soldering the night before to help get the place ready for them - i think we installed the rack gear at 6am after working through the night and they showed up at like 10am to start. fun times... i got to go home and sleep but he had to run a session... must have been hell.
fuckyeah.

i listened to tree again last night, yep my favorite rekid right now.. cool to see they have a connection with the He Who Corrupts.. those guys are fucking awesome. I played a really small show with them in pittsburg, well right outside of pittsburg. cologne and taxes everywhere