My girlfriend hates water

wing
on a wing and a prayer

My girlfriend hates water

Post by wing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:07 pm

Why? Because she is often driven by taste. She likes water with Kool Aid, she likes Juice, and sodas. But she hates water on the grounds that it simply tastes "boring."

I will never understand this about her, because I love water. I like that it tastes almost like nothing, because I've never gotten tired of it, and it always feels good. It's very healthy, helps prevent dehydration, and just makes you feel refreshed. But regardless, I cannot convince her to drink it often. And by often, I mean more often than a glass a month.

I care about her and her health very much, and hope that if we were to ever marry, she'd be a healthy baby center. But until then, I just want her to live healthy. She's often very tired (even without having exercised), though I don't know if the lack of water has anything to do with that.

It really all boils down (no pun intended) to the flavor/taste issue. She's sorta OK with flavored waters, but because those get expensive, she just won't bother.

So any tricks to getting her to drink water? MUWAHAHA

djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: My girlfriend hates water

Post by djdrake13 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:12 pm

She isn't tired cause of lack of water. My girlfriend is the exact opposite, and she's always tired too. She drinks over a gallon a day!! Its lack of exercise that makes them tired.

I hate water too, but I drink it now. Its the poor persons drink as I joke with my girl. But I saw a spot on TV that said it makes your skin look healthier, you'll be more refreshed and energized, and live longer. It had other effects too. So maybe find her a list of the benefits and the girly part of her, will want to look good or feel good, and she'll start drinkin it for that reason. Its' worth a try.
Shut up and Strip Productions
"Always Hiring"

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:13 pm

Tell her it's piss?
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

kenl666
ass engineer

Post by kenl666 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:16 pm

Try filtered water in those big plastic jugs. If the public water there is treated, it might have a chlorine/chemical taste.

You can buy those little stands for the jugs that refrigerate the water, cold water is absorbed into the body faster anyway.

Like my mom always said: "If you're thirsty, drink water!" as I was chuggin down my third pitcher of kool-aid...

Also mention that those sugr drinks actually increase dehydration; your body needs more water to get rid of the sugar.

If she's susceptilbe to, ahem, subtle psychological manipulation, maybe mention how much nicer and softer her skin looks when she's well-hydrated.

If she doesn't like water now, she'll hate it when she gets preggers, cuz she'll be drinking a lot of it.

good luck!

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:16 pm

looks like it's time for an ultimatum!
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

bedbug
buyin' a studio

Post by bedbug » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:21 pm

Doooooood ... lemon wedge!

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:28 pm

Water is awesome for when you get sick, too. I get better so much faster when I drink tons of water. Your immune system needs the hydration.

And yes, she rarely exercises; I'm trying to push that for both of us. But she's tired WAY more often than I am, and I probably don't exercise that much more than she does. So I wonder what else...

djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by djdrake13 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:32 pm

I think girls just get tired easier. I dont' know why, but it seems like I've met waaay more girls that are tired than guys. Maybe we're the same but guys dont' talk about stuff like that as openly??
Shut up and Strip Productions
"Always Hiring"

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:40 pm

wing wrote:She likes water with Kool Aid, she likes Juice, and sodas.
wing wrote:She's often very tired (even without having exercised)
sugar addiction

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:41 pm

wing wrote:Why? Because she is often driven by taste. She likes water with Kool Aid, she likes Juice, and sodas. But she hates water on the grounds that it simply tastes "boring."
"boring"

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:50 pm

wing wrote:...and hope that if we were to ever marry, she'd be a healthy baby center...
i think the nature of this statement might be more of a problem than a dehydrated girlfriend...

play her that song "hippies hate water" and if she doesn't want to be a hippy, she'll have some water. unless she does want to be a hippy, in which case you're out of luck my friend...

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:34 pm

Saline IV
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:40 pm

andyg666 wrote:
wing wrote:...and hope that if we were to ever marry, she'd be a healthy baby center...
i think the nature of this statement might be more of a problem than a dehydrated girlfriend...
How so? Yeah, it's a bit objectifying, but not too far off. Did you hear soon they might not need us anymore? In Japan they were able to reproduce mice using only the female. I would call that a bad day to have a Y chomosome.

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:11 pm

break her heart? That happened to me and it made me stop drinking anything with flavor because nothing tasted good. Now I drink a ton of water!
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:29 pm

andrew embassy wrote:break her heart? That happened to me and it made me stop drinking anything with flavor because nothing tasted good. Now I drink a ton of water!
mate, that's really sad and kind of sweet. you okay yet?
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com