bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Re: My girlfriend hates water

Post by bobbydj » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:03 am

Rigsby wrote:Tell her it's piss?
:lol:
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:24 am

Rigsby wrote: Some water really does. Americans never drink tap water anymore, is that right?
It is true for a lot of us -- the ones who want to pay more for their drinking water than they do for their petrol that they will consistently complain about the price of while filling up their wheeled land barges.

See, we're really smart. That's why we're the only superpower.

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:43 am

Rigsby wrote:
andrew embassy wrote:break her heart? That happened to me and it made me stop drinking anything with flavor because nothing tasted good. Now I drink a ton of water!
mate, that's really sad and kind of sweet. you okay yet?
Ah yeah. My own fault, really. But it happened back in August/September (man, August was tough) and kind of trailed on for a long time. Dropped 10 pounds because all I could do was drink water and jog, but it's pretty good now. Gained the weight back over the holidays, so I'm getting back into the jogging and not eating as much. So overall I came out of it with a good friend (miraculously) and I still drink an assload of water. Good deal.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:26 am

andrew embassy wrote:
Rigsby wrote:
andrew embassy wrote:break her heart? That happened to me and it made me stop drinking anything with flavor because nothing tasted good. Now I drink a ton of water!
mate, that's really sad and kind of sweet. you okay yet?
Ah yeah. My own fault, really. But it happened back in August/September (man, August was tough) and kind of trailed on for a long time. Dropped 10 pounds because all I could do was drink water and jog, but it's pretty good now. Gained the weight back over the holidays, so I'm getting back into the jogging and not eating as much. So overall I came out of it with a good friend (miraculously) and I still drink an assload of water. Good deal.
That's good news.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

OneRoomStudios
audio school

Post by OneRoomStudios » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:55 am

nick_a wrote:as a matter of fact, there's a condition called hypothyroidism that is mostly genetic and runs rampant through the female sides of families. It happens when your thyroid is not producing enough hormones or something, basically not working up to speed. Wing, do you find your girlfriends hands to be cold often? Is it hard for her to wake up in the morning? Does she feel kinda mediocre almost all the time? This is a condition that's really hard to diagnose and really really easy to fix, so if any of these symptoms apply, definitely ask her about it. My girlfriend has it and once she started on the medication it was as if she were a new person.
Hey everyone, been lurking, just started posting here, anyways...

Damn! That sounds just like my girlfriend! She's always tired, her hands are always freezing, she's the devil to wake up, etc....

Is there a cheap test for that kinda thing (we're at the lovely age when you graduate from college and have no insurance), and are the meds expensive?

jmiller
steve albini likes it

Post by jmiller » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:07 pm

sonichue wrote: It is true for a lot of us -- the ones who want to pay more for their drinking water than they do for their petrol that they will consistently complain about the price of while filling up their wheeled land barges.
Maybe if they fucking drank filtered water and had reusable bottles. When i'm at the studio and someone asks for water (typically an orchestra musician or someone who's not in the control room much), I always first tell them that there's great filtered water in the kitchen sink. They ALWAYS ask for bottled water instead, like there's some huge difference. There's this stigma that the water in a bottle has to be better than any kind of water you can get on tap, no matter how good the filter is. I'm also convinced these idiots feel better with a product in their hand, with something to throw away afterwards.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:32 pm

i drink tap pretty often. while not as good as purified water, i figure tap water is better than NO water, right?

Bear
deaf.

Post by Bear » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:00 pm

When people won't drink water, the trick is too punch them in the butthole.
I am wangtacular.

Isolation
steve albini likes it

Post by Isolation » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:30 pm

^hahaha...i have one of those PUR filters on my tap...well worth the money...
if it'll wang your chung then it'll thompson my twins...