who's not watching the state of the union address?

Did you watch the state of the union address?

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes: 19

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

who's not watching the state of the union address?

Post by andyg666 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:15 pm

lip service...
B.S.
not worth it.
lies, half-truths, propaganda...

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Re: who's not watching the state of the union address?

Post by Ivon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:31 pm

Not me. I was ever so gently caressing the keys of my synth - and, intermittently partaking of the crack that is Tape Op.

Dave Nutz
pushin' record

Post by Dave Nutz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:01 pm

it was bloody hilarious......you could fill the void of his skull with all the crap he said.
01010100 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01100100 01100101 01110010 00100001

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Post by Kilroy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:24 pm

i wasnt i was record some rappers and getting paid :D

-chris

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:28 pm

It was unfortunately not:

New, B.S.
New, not worth it.
New, lies, half-truths, propaganda.

Why whould anyone in their right minds change what's working?

Give it up - the bad guys have won: they always win in the end.

The people who only think about themselves have made it so that all of us just have to think about ourselves. The arm chair soldiers have sent their pubescent sproglets off to do what teenage jocks have done best throughout human evolution: dominate and murder people who look different to them. The people who are easily swayed by simple answers to complicated questions will always be swayed by simple answers to complicated questions.

Why get worked up about it? I'm on the other side of the big divide between have and have not. I'm 30 and already have a San Francisco mortgage. I'm maxing out my 401k, and ESPP. My investments are doing well. I've got fat, vested, stock options to boot. My girlfriend (and probably permanent partner in crime) has an SF bay mortgage too, and makes about twice what I make. I'm about to become a manager.

Sure, all this debt and bullshit might hurt me a bit, but hey, humans are biologically incapable of pulling together as a team, so why worry about anyone's pain but my own? Fuck all the poor people, who've made this democracy into a demagoguery. Let them all go and jack off on their bibles. Let them howl about gay cartoon characters, while China and Europe and now even Africa mobilizes its work force. I going to watch them starve in the streets and eat each other, the stupid little fucks, and laugh. How's that bling bling treating you? Won the lottery yet? Did the spinning wheels on your shitty ride make you into mac money? Has god paid off all your little credit card bills? Yeah, well, they are little bills to me. Maybe you should pray harder when youe flip to the televangelist on your big screen tv.

You decent folk get sucked under with the rabble too? Too fucking bad. I'm fucking fine where I'm standing. I'll laugh at you too.

And who fucking cares if Bush was just talking about bombing my grandma on national tv?

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:31 pm

sserendipity wrote:It was unfortunately not:

New, B.S.
New, not worth it.
New, lies, half-truths, propaganda.

Why whould anyone in their right minds change what's working?

Give it up - the bad guys have won: they always win in the end.

The people who only think about themselves have made it so that all of us just have to think about ourselves. The arm chair soldiers have sent their pubescent sproglets off to do what teenage jocks have done best throughout human evolution: dominate and murder people who look different to them. The people who are easily swayed by simple answers to complicated questions will always be swayed by simple answers to complicated questions.

Why get worked up about it? I'm on the other side of the big divide between have and have not. I'm 30 and already have a San Francisco mortgage. I'm maxing out my 401k, and ESPP. My investments are doing well. I've got fat, vested, stock options to boot. My girlfriend (and probably permanent partner in crime) has an SF bay mortgage too, and makes about twice what I make. I'm about to become a manager.

Sure, all this debt and bullshit might hurt me a bit, but hey, humans are biologically incapable of pulling together as a team, so why worry about anyone's pain but my own? Fuck all the poor people, who've made this democracy into a demagoguery. Let them all go and jack off on their bibles. Let them howl about gay cartoon characters, while China and Europe and now even Africa mobilizes its work force. I going to watch them starve in the streets and eat each other, the stupid little fucks, and laugh. How's that bling bling treating you? Won the lottery yet? Did the spinning wheels on your shitty ride make you into mac money? Has god paid off all your little credit card bills? Yeah, well, they are little bills to me. Maybe you should pray harder when youe flip to the televangelist on your big screen tv.

You decent folk get sucked under with the rabble too? Too fucking bad. I'm fucking fine where I'm standing. I'll laugh at you too.

And who fucking cares if Bush was just talking about bombing my grandma on national tv?

Holy shit dude!

rfbutter
gettin' sounds

Post by rfbutter » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:17 pm

I rode my skateboard instead. Time well spent!
no war for heavy metal!

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:37 pm

Little time zone problem here... otherwise I would have had a few cold ones and gotten increasingly annoyed at our insane President.

psychicoctopus
buyin' a studio

Post by psychicoctopus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:04 pm

huh? wha? no habla TV.
Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:34 pm

I watched it the first four years, now it just makes me sick.

Didn't know there was one, it was tapeop beer night anyways.

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:37 pm

We had some friends over for dinner and tried to watch it whilst conversing. All of us agreed that we would get uber-infuriated if we paid too much attention, so we mostly kept it on as background noise. Pathetic, nauseating background noise, but background noise nonetheless.

MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:11 am

So much hatred...
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:18 am

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:So much hatred...
Yes, but it comes from frustration, not ignorance.

tommymakestapes
alignin' 24-trk

Post by tommymakestapes » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:26 am

my girlfriend is sick of hearing me yell at the news. nobody does it better in my opinion.

MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:40 am

SSRigsbyGargesA.L. wrote:
MASSIVE Mastering wrote:So much hatred...
Yes, but it comes from frustration, not ignorance.
So much frustration...
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering