Are you at work right now?

Have you ever hung out at TapeOp when you were at work?

yes
88%
no
13%

Total votes: 24

knmy
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: Are you at work right now?

Post by knmy » Thu May 15, 2003 5:42 am

When I'm lookin' at tape op at work I tell the boss, I'm doing research for him.. hehe.
Your bass sounds like a wet noodle.....

cbcmusic
alignin' 24-trk

Post by cbcmusic » Thu May 15, 2003 7:02 am

ottokbre wrote:i'm a full on office bi^ch. front desk....fax....copy....tapeop...fax...
Yep, me too. 99% of the time that I'm here, I'm also at work. It's a sign to me that I have way too much time on my hands at work. I need to go find a new job where I don't sit at a desk all day. Anyone hiring in Atlanta :?:
cbc

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu May 15, 2003 12:08 pm

cbcmusic wrote:
ottokbre wrote:i'm a full on office bi^ch. front desk....fax....copy....tapeop...fax...
Yep, me too. 99% of the time that I'm here, I'm also at work. It's a sign to me that I have way too much time on my hands at work. I need to go find a new job where I don't sit at a desk all day. Anyone hiring in Atlanta :?:
hehe.. i forgot that you live in atlanta. you remember that audio gear i had purchased in atlanta and was intending to drive out to atlanta to pick it up on the way to my trip in NC?? you offered me a place and everything.

well, guess what. it's been since december, and we still haven't gone. it's because my family isn't ready for us to come up to NC... and i'm gettin pretty antsy about this, cause i have to start school in sept, and if i don't get it done this summer... i won't be able to until december. it will have been a full year since i paid for it. isn't that sad?

i'm thinkin about renting a van or something and driving out with my brother for one weekend and just sleeping in the van... we could probably do it in two days. but, i heard the renting thing can get wicked expensive, cause they charge by the mile. screw that. i just want my mixing console :(

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Thu May 15, 2003 1:06 pm

Blue, you have family in NC? Where about? I was born and raised in Rockingham and lived for about 5 years in Charlotte before deciding to try out the other coast.

-mark

cbcmusic
alignin' 24-trk

Post by cbcmusic » Thu May 15, 2003 1:20 pm

Hey Blue,

Is the rental quote for an "in town" move? (meaning you pick the van up and return to the same place)
If I had to bet I'd say that's your deal. You may want to find out how much it is for a one way move. I actually moved myself recently (still in Atlanta) and it was cheaper to get a one way rental instead of the round trip deal. This may not work out for you though, Texas to NC, worth a check though.

Just check into renting the van from NC and dropping it off in Texas when you get back. You & your brother can drive both vehicles back. Hell, stop in Atlanta and ya'll can sleep here for a night. But dude, get your board!
cbc

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu May 15, 2003 2:56 pm

markpar wrote:Blue, you have family in NC? Where about? I was born and raised in Rockingham and lived for about 5 years in Charlotte before deciding to try out the other coast.

-mark
in a small town called celo, which is among the blue ridge mountains, about 20 mins from asheville. you have to drive the blue ridge parkway to get to the top, and it's beautiful. though, technically, my family that remained has since passed, so now it's just my step grandma... but the house there was built by my grandpa with his kids and everything. :D

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu May 15, 2003 3:00 pm

cbcmusic wrote:Hey Blue,

Is the rental quote for an "in town" move? (meaning you pick the van up and return to the same place)
If I had to bet I'd say that's your deal. You may want to find out how much it is for a one way move. I actually moved myself recently (still in Atlanta) and it was cheaper to get a one way rental instead of the round trip deal. This may not work out for you though, Texas to NC, worth a check though.

Just check into renting the van from NC and dropping it off in Texas when you get back. You & your brother can drive both vehicles back. Hell, stop in Atlanta and ya'll can sleep here for a night. But dude, get your board!
well actually, the NC thing is being planned by our old man. he'll be doing tne renting trucks and everything.. so i pay nothing. but i can't wait around on him til december of this year or something! ;) soo.. if my brother and i go, it'll just be to atlanta and back. so, i will check into doing the same for atlanta and back.

i appreciate your hospitality, that would totally help. i can sleep on a floor with my sleeping bag too, cause that's how i sleep at home. i totally don't care. i just hope that you don't go all out of your way or anything, i don't like to be a burden, you know? :D

gabewheel2000
pushin' record

Post by gabewheel2000 » Thu May 15, 2003 6:19 pm

i only post on boards at work. it keeps me sane, when dealing with our poopy clients.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri May 16, 2003 10:07 am

I am as well, in the office biatch club. typing, scheduling, faxing, copying, processing, checking, blahblahblah... i work for the court of appeals for unemployment benefits, so i listen to hearings all day about people losing their jobs, with one window open to tape op every day. kinda ironic. The judges I work for don't seem to mind... i'd go crazy if i could escape to tapeop land every hour or so..