Why I hate the tapeop messageboard

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Why I hate the tapeop messageboard

Post by @?,*???&? » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:01 pm

Because I give away valuable knowledge for free and get nothing in return. There are few people that post on this site that have as much as experience or have spent as many hours as myself in a control room. I almost find it relentlessly stultifying to log in.

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Re: Why I hate the tapeop messageboard

Post by Electricide » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:06 pm

jeff, I hate to point out that you are on post #560.
Plus, as has been reiterated a number of times for you, 95% of this board doesn't have access to the gear you do. which is why gear debates must be terribly boring for ya. But there are some fun/unique threads here, and some good stories to boot.

I'm sure you find something redeeming....but obviously not everything.

And your advice is good, a much needed different opinion, but unfortunately I don't think many people here use it anyway :roll:

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Post by aurelialuz » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:07 pm

that's what rec.audio.pro is for, mega-nuts.

alex
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

gabewheel2000
pushin' record

Post by gabewheel2000 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:08 pm

Jeff Robinson wrote:Because I give away valuable knowledge for free and get nothing in return. There are few people that post on this site that have as much as experience or have spent as many hours as myself in a control room. I almost find it relentlessly stultifying to log in.
I'll give you a slightly used guitar pick if it makes you feel better!

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:10 pm

how many minutes until the "Why I hate Jeff Robinson" thread pops up

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:11 pm

to me, one of the foundational ideals behind music and making music is to give and teach in order to give and teach, not to be rewarded and to receive.

besides, anytime you have a question about something you don't know (yes, that's right, surely you don't know everything), then you'll always have this place to go to find someone who does.

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:11 pm

Jeff, I gave you a compliment in one thread, and never got a thank you in return.

That's why I hate the TapeOp message board.

Anyone else?

Auxillary
buyin' gear

Post by Auxillary » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:14 pm

This thread is apparently why I hate the tapeop messageboard.. so im told ;)
kids make electric guitars

www.geocities.com/ubertar/kids

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Post by Catoogie » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:17 pm

Awww ain't that a shame! God forbid you put some of your knowledge to good use and actually help educate people who really appreciate it. Me Me Me. Didn't you ever hear it's better to give than to receive?

If you're all bummed out that you're not getting enough out of your Tape Op Messageboard relationship then maybe you should go away and keep the crying to yourself.

Or wait, maybe I could call up all of my friends that have as much or more experience as you and have then contribute just so you won't have a hissy fit. C'mon!! Be a man and grow the hell up!! If you don't like it here then leave. It's not the like your're the be all, end all of this place.

I enjoy your posts but what can be done to appease you, other than beg you not to leave. And I ain't about to do that. It would be nice if you stayed and continued to contribute but if not...have a nice life and good luck!

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:27 pm

Jeff Robinson wrote:Because I give away valuable knowledge for free and get nothing in return.
awww, come on, that's not true jeff - you get the altruistic satisfaction of it all - the feeling that when you help someone else out you say to yourself, man, if only someone would have told me that instead of sitting through countless hours of some crappy session to figure it out... how bout a sense of community and that you're someone people respect and who people listen to? try and tell me that doesn't stroke your ego a bit! you're one of the sages of the community! :)

there are a number of posters here who i'll read thier replies regardless of the thread topic, becuase 9 times out of 10 you learn something. i try and post replies to threads that sometimes seem boring to me cuz i feel like i owe it to the community. someone took the time to splain' it to my dumb ass at some point, the least i can do is help someone else out, because at the same time i'm still learning from people like jeff.

man, how do i end this without sounding like a kissass?

look, FIRE!!

dubphaser
pushin' record

Post by dubphaser » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:35 pm

Jeff Robinson wrote:There are few people that post on this site that have as much as experience or have spent as many hours as myself in a control room.
Jeff - For someone with as much "experience" and as many posts as you have... that's just some stupid shit to say. I, for one, appreciate what you and all the other pros here have to say, but if you don't feel the love then maybe you should go buy a puppy.

...and just to stay on topic:

Because Jeff Robinson refers to music as "product".

E-Rock
pushin' record

Post by E-Rock » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:36 pm

If you hate the board... why are you here?
I like this board.

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:42 pm

Dude, you're too much...
Third Monk Records will accept unsolicited demo material for a fee of $35. Payment should be made out to Jeff Robinson and accompany the demo in the form of a check or money order. You may choose to pay via credit card utilizing the Paypal service. Please allow 1 week after we receive your demo to allow for ample time in reviewing your recording. Direct feedback will be given shortly thereafter
I sincerely hope that's a joke.

:roll:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Post by Catoogie » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:44 pm

Ugh!

mrdazobee
takin' a dinner break

Post by mrdazobee » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:44 pm

Don't forget there was a time you knew sod all numb nuts.Lets all gather round and give Jeff a big hug during this difficult time for him.