Martin guitars...

DUC
buyin' a studio

Martin guitars...

Post by DUC » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:59 pm

Anyone know a good resource or guide for buying Martin guitars?

Martin's history is so confusing compared to Fender's. It's easy to know which Fenders are good and what years are better to buy. With Martin, I wouldn't know where to start.
Vocals, vocals, vocals!

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Re: Martin guitars...

Post by aurelialuz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:28 pm

'Martin & Co. Est. 1833: A History' by Mike Longworth. more info than you ever wanted to know but out of print sadly. also, published in 1988 so it wouldn't cover guitars after that.

alex
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

1\2moog1\2man
audio school graduate

Post by 1\2moog1\2man » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:31 am

I live West coast Near San Francisco. There is a shop over here that sells Martin guitars and only martin guitars. I can get there e-mail addres for you. Or Im sure that they know of people who are good by you ..Let me know ether way. P.S they did a fret job and did inlays for me and man oh man did it come out great....

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:27 am

I'd like a phone number, thank you. Maybe they can point me in a nice direction.

I played a reissue Gibson Superbody, or something rather. It was sooo fucking sweat sounding! At Guitar Center, no doubt. I hate that fucking place.
Vocals, vocals, vocals!