TAPE OP HOLIDAY CHARITY

markpar
george martin

Re: TAPE OP HOLIDAY CHARITY

Post by markpar » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:42 am

Put me on the card.

I'd love to donate something, as well. But if you've got that covered, cool. If you need any help, let me know. I can send you some bux quickly.

-mark

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:09 am

hey, Ethos takes Pay Pal. If y'all wanna throw some cash, cool. Then kids will learn to play instruments and go bug Larry for studio time in five years.

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:14 am

I'm down with donating to a charity, but I don't think Larry needs any more 57s.

BUT! if people have the money.. GO FOR IT.
-Matthew Macchio$tab

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:14 am

My prob with the rock and roll camp is that it's a camp. It costs $300 to go. Does our money mean each person pays $2 less? or does one special kid get in for free? Volunteer run camp and charity are not quite the same.

It'd be a cool place to volunteer though.
Good place to meet girls.

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:18 am

oh, dig this:
(from R&R for girls site)

The Rock 'n' Roll Camp for Girls does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national and/or ethnic origin, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, or gender identity in the administration of any of its educational programs, admissions policies, scholarships, and other Camp-related policies and programs, as well as volunteer and employment-related policies and activities"

I bolded that.

So, does that mean if I'm biologically male, but identify as female, it's ok? OR, if I'm biologically female, but identify as male, then it's ok.?

The verbage is getting increasingly dense.

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:21 am

haha, sorry for the off topic run, but check out some of the songs here

Download the first one.

WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :x

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Post by aurelialuz » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:54 am

so cman, how about an address to send money to?

alex
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:04 pm

An address? Well, I don't think I'll really need any money. Maybe that's my gift to the board because YOU GUYZ ROCK (and girls, but are there any here anymore??)

As far as the 57 goes, I don't expect Larry to use it! Maybe he'll put on a wall or something...I'll get it mounted somehow.

It's really funny to hear a whole bunch of people say "Give me an address and I'll send money" I thought we were broke! Now I'm looking forward to the charity thing.

Any more links??

cyrusjulian
takin' a dinner break

Post by cyrusjulian » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:25 pm

marqueemoon wrote:I think we should donate to an organization that advocates music education in schools. Kids these days are seriously getting screwed out of arts education. Plus, it would nice to have clients in the future :)
Sorry, I got in on this thread late. I agree with this completely. I'll bet you a ton of kids would love to get into recording if they only had the opportunity to. Hey, maybe some TapeOp studio owners across the county (or world) would be willing to donate some time like an hour or something a month to a local school or dare I say offer a field trip for kids who are interested in music recording. Maybe for every new studio client that mentions TapeOp, that would contribute an hour to the field trip day. I dunno, some idea like that. Although it's a charity, if you can approach it like a business, the end result will be better for the receipients. Hey, here's another idea. I don't know if you guys ever had this but one of my high schools was sooo broke that they used to advertise about 15 minutes of commercials for shit like Coke, Gap and what not during our lunch break to pay for books and other school supplies. Maybe if some of the big companies like Mackie, Shure, Alesis, etc.. could have high school kids watch commercials for their products to pay for studio time or education or even better, DONATE some of their products to like a TapeOp educational center for kids.

Okay,whoa!... sorry.. went off there for a while. Yeah, I like Blue's

The dorkiest place on earth..

cyrusjulian
takin' a dinner break

Post by cyrusjulian » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:27 pm

Oh, i'm sorry.. is there a paypal account we can donate money to for whatever charity/mic is goin on? Anybody who reads TapeOp is kewl with me. Yeah, I'd like to be on the card too..

Regards,
Cyrus

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:27 am

"We make it sound good so you dont have to."

"We dont make it, we make it better."

"Compress this"

A bit of thoughts about charity giving.
Although the spirit of giving is to do so without recognition, developing a systematic structure is key to success. Think big. Make it an annual event.
' Tape Op's 1st annual "record of giving" '
A tape op magazine article once a year that recognizes the gift, and everyones contribution by user name. Use categories of titles for gift amounts. (>$100 = "Larry's friend" ; $99 - $50 = "eats analog"...etc.
A section of the annual meeting dedicated to the charity, and each year at the meeting the charity is voted apon.
Contributions are made throughout the year, with a running total shown in a small section of the magazine.
Matching gifts sought out by sponsers...Manley etc..
An annual elected representative to run / organize the charity.
Consider creating it as a foundation where contributions can be tax deductable.
Just some passing thoughts.

"Shining shite is what we do"

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:45 am

swingdoc wrote:"We make it sound good so you dont have to."

"We dont make it, we make it better."

"Compress this"

A bit of thoughts about charity giving.
Although the spirit of giving is to do so without recognition, developing a systematic structure is key to success. Think big. Make it an annual event.
' Tape Op's 1st annual "record of giving" '
A tape op magazine article once a year that recognizes the gift, and everyones contribution by user name. Use categories of titles for gift amounts. (>$100 = "Larry's friend" ; $99 - $50 = "eats analog"...etc.
A section of the annual meeting dedicated to the charity, and each year at the meeting the charity is voted apon.
Contributions are made throughout the year, with a running total shown in a small section of the magazine.
Matching gifts sought out by sponsers...Manley etc..
An annual elected representative to run / organize the charity.
Consider creating it as a foundation where contributions can be tax deductable.
Just some passing thoughts.

"Shining shite is what we do"
Yes, this is my sentiment as well. Myabe after the holidays we can start organizing an event, pick a deadline or something. maybe coincide with TapeOpCon 2004.

Well, I'm off to the engravers. I'm still sticking with the nicer/less comical angle, me thinks.

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:25 am

Well, here it is. Click on the Larry 57 item.

The plaque says
"thank you for the creativity and passion Tape Op has inspired in all of us - Tape Op Community 2003"

If you want you name on the card, reply with and "aye" by tomorrow.

Thanks all! The cost was ~$50. I have a pay pal account I'll post if y'all wanna throw $3 my way.

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:54 am

aye

are we goin' with nicknames or real ones?

Either way:
Phil Anker

Trashy

I'm those guys!!

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:30 am

maybe it'll be quicker if I list who did say they were in, and if anyone wants to be added/subtracted they can say so. If you want your real name, and it's not listed in your profile, then say so!

Rhythm ranch
AstroDan
Sky at no noon
Aurelialuz
DUC
CGarges
Joel H.
Toothpastefordinner
InverseRoom
Trashy
Rodgre
Ottokbre
eeldip
bigtoe
CCPP
black mariah
Axial
Cassembler
djeasygo
tiger vomitt
heylow
Auxillary
Bear
Markpar
Ion records
Jes
AhmedGarcia
cyrus julian
xonlocust
Professor
Walnut Studios

Bluepxl, are you in? even if you're broke?

paypal to cmanes@luc.edu if you are all so inclined.
Last edited by Electricide on Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.