Music Distribution

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Music Distribution

Post by DryCounty » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:13 pm

Since this is a non-recording thing, I'd just like to pose a question to everyone regarding independent distribution, in the hopes that I can get some resources. My band is about to release it's first CD and we have little in the means of regional (East Coast) or national distribution. I know that there are a few sites around (IndieCenter was good, but has not been updated in well over six months now) and would like to know if anyone has anything similar to pull from or other suggestions/opinions/banter on any specific companies etc. etc.

Thanks in advance.
"I would imagine that the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fucking clean." -Hedberg
-----
Tulsa Drone
Dry County Records ? Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Re: Music Distribution

Post by DryCounty » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:22 pm

Also -- as a side note (and perhaps better listed as a new topic) does anyone have an opinion on MP3.com's demise and the new services offered by TruSonic?
"I would imagine that the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fucking clean." -Hedberg
-----
Tulsa Drone

janusmusic
pushin' record

Post by janusmusic » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:16 pm

Carrot Top Records
Insound
Dischord Direct
Lumberjack
Revolver

Try them all do google searches and get the address's and send out a package it is a hard business though, but stay positive and you'll be fine. After going through the "biz" end of it I realized how frustrating it can get .... made a comittment to myself to get back to the reason it started in the first place ROCK and having fun ROCKING!!This probably has nothing to do with you at all but you know what it's the new year and I'm one toke over the line..Good Luck.
Brian

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Post by DryCounty » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:23 pm

Thanks a TON. I know about CT, Lumberjack, Revolver etc. but did not know that Dischord (Southern?) did indie distribution but it would make perfect sense. I've been out of whats going on in DC since about 1995. Thanks again.
-----
Tulsa Drone