12%
"I live in a van down by the river"
4%

Total votes: 25

antilog
george martin

living space

Post by antilog » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:13 am

So how many of you "live on the road" or situations other than yearly lease / mortgage?

Any RV heads here?
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

maz
buyin' a studio

Re: living space

Post by maz » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:56 am

Although my profile location says I'm in a van down by the river, that's only so I appear cooler to you guys.

I actually have a mortgage. But sometimes I even pay it late... 'cause I'm rock and roll.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:00 pm

i pay this dude some money everymonth and i get to live in the basement along with the spiders, rats, and the ghost. At least the washer and dryer are down there to keep me company.

House of five, only two of the people are on the lease. I've not paid a deposit, and I don't think a few others have. It would be silly, the place is falling apart. But setting traffic cones on fire and riding a skateboard into them isn't helping out either.

dustdude
gettin' sounds

Post by dustdude » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:14 pm

Currently rent a 2-bdm. duplex, with ample studio/practice space, a cool musician neighbor, and pay month-to-month.

Bummer is I gotta be outta here by the end of September, since the unit's going to get demolished to make room for 22 story luxury loft condos.

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:18 pm

dustdude wrote:Currently rent a 2-bdm. duplex, with ample studio/practice space, a cool musician neighbor, and pay month-to-month.

Bummer is I gotta be outta here by the end of September, since the unit's going to get demolished to make room for 22 story luxury loft condos.

ewwww how bourgeois of them...
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:23 pm

I'm looking to go mobile / sleep on couches...

I'm half way there, I have a van and I know where there is a river...

dustdude
gettin' sounds

Post by dustdude » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:47 pm

sound wrote:ewwww how bourgeois of them...
It's becoming an epidemic.

No Wave Casio Kitsch
re-cappin' neve

Post by No Wave Casio Kitsch » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:25 pm

6 month lease here.
Who cares what it sounds like soloed?

Freelance Recording/Production
Assistant Studio Manager - ShangriLA Studios

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:38 pm

1 year lease here, but only because it was cheaper per month than the 6 month. Plus, I have nowhere to go.

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:43 pm

nate wrote:1 year lease here, but only because it was cheaper per month than the 6 month. Plus, I have nowhere to go.
there is nothing outside of the room in which i sit

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:08 pm

trodden wrote:i pay this dude some money everymonth and i get to live in the basement along with the spiders, rats, and the ghost. At least the washer and dryer are down there to keep me company.

House of five, only two of the people are on the lease. I've not paid a deposit, and I don't think a few others have. It would be silly, the place is falling apart. But setting traffic cones on fire and riding a skateboard into them isn't helping out either.
does the ghost pay rent too?

it should, the damn squatter

djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by djdrake13 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:00 pm

You homeless people should look into gettin a permanent place.. yeah its not rock n roll. but i've got a sweet studio set up where i can record anything and anytime i want.. no one bitchin at me, i love it. Think about it

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:21 pm

djdrake13 wrote:You homeless people should look into gettin a permanent place.. yeah its not rock n roll. but i've got a sweet studio set up where i can record anything and anytime i want.. no one bitchin at me, i love it. Think about it
"you homeless people"

hahahha

nuf said

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:37 pm

"you homeless people" "think about it"

well i'm sure they have.

No, the ghost doesn't pay rent unfortunately. It keeps me and my roommates up at night by smothering us and I hear it running around the floor right above me all night long. Then it will come down and turn the freakin dryer on.

jca83
carpal tunnel

Post by jca83 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:19 pm

trodden wrote:"you homeless people" "think about it"

well i'm sure they have.

No, the ghost doesn't pay rent unfortunately. It keeps me and my roommates up at night by smothering us and I hear it running around the floor right above me all night long. Then it will come down and turn the freakin dryer on.
don't do drugs, kids!
that devil bastard protools