reslosound RESLO ribbon mic

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Re: reslosound RESLO ribbon mic

Post by Shawn Simmons » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:48 pm

why are you selling it? how does it sound? I'm curious.

shawn

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:55 pm

that was fast.
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Post by tiger vomitt » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:00 am

soundy wrote:that was fast.
YES, IT WAS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA ;)

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:03 am

let us know how it sounds, i do not have any ribbon mics....
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:04 pm

soundy wrote:let us know how it sounds, i do not have any ribbon mics....
Yeah, tell us evan, how does it sound? :twisted:

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Post by tiger vomitt » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:25 am

aww c'mon trashy, dont make me do it yet

edit: well, i think it's safe to say this one is a done deal.

i bought the reslo from "cedric," who is actually named Rasmus Kruse. he lives here in brooklyn and is the soundman for a band called "the blue van"

he was nice to me while negotiating the deal. he claimed the mic was perfect. i picked it up the next day, in person. i immediately took it home (in his packaging, which was then wrapped all cushy in my motorcycle cover) and plugged it in to a variety of preamps. the mic was/is dead.

i let him know this right away and he has refused to give me my money back. he has even said to me "tough luck" and that it's my fault becuase i "didnt know the entire scheme"!

to facilitate ebay dispute procedures, i wrote a full description of the circumstances here: http://evansobel.com/dispute

i gave mr Kruse quite a few chances to do the right thing but he has neglected to take advantage of the opportunities. i am forced then to let people know these events as much as i can, in an effort to not see anyone else fall prey to this selfish, cheating pig.

again beware this person and anything he is selling. i dont know him in real life. even though i offered to meet him in person (he is also a resident of brooklyn) and discuss the situation over a beer, he never replied. this was after many emails pleading with him to refund my money.

i have his address and phone number for anyone who might need it for future verification. shit, the moron even sent me his parents address by mistake. only a total fool would intentionally make enemies in this fashion. luckily for him i am a good person and these words will be my only retribution :roll: even if i post them on as many websites as i can hehe

rasmus, do yourself a favor and read "the art of war" before you get yourself into some deep shit one day.

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Post by tiger vomitt » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:57 am

bump!

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:09 am

This is my favorite part:
"i checked the mic with a multi meter before packing it up for you, and it read fine. around 45Kohm.

- rasmus"

now from where i am seeing things, a lot can happen in a month. especially to a delicate microphone left in a rehearsal space, zapped with a multimeter, then stuck in some bag and brought on tour around the country.

besides that, an associate of mine in Scotland repairs and restores Reslo microphones (the mic in question here is a Reslo. Reslo is the brand and they are known as ribbon microphones) professionally. he told me that using a multimeter on a mic of this type can "blow out the ribbon," basically destroying the microphone element. AND, in addition to that, his claim of the mic giving a 45kohm reading should have told him something was wrong. because it says right on the actual mic that it is "30/50 ohms."
What an asshole.

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:52 pm

:shake:

Al

dougo
pushin' record

Post by dougo » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:45 pm

Well I had to respond to this one with a PM to the seller.

Young man,

Please clear up any problems you had regarding the Reslo mic you sold. It is terrible that this happened on the board. Senor' Tiger has been very helpful to me here on the West Coast on mixes.

It may cost you a few bucks but could gain you a ton of friends. If not you will no doubt lose many friends and associates over this small transaction. I have worked for large corporations and dealt with their scrupulous actions. Please don't join their side and fuck with all the smaller good guys.

Thanks for reading my message.

Cheers,
"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
1910-1997

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:10 pm

Fuck you, scumbag. From where I sit, you intentionally misled Evan. Musicians are supposed to stick together. Your post just digs you deeper in asshole land. Do the right thing.
beware bee wear

alba359
alignin' 24-trk

Post by alba359 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:34 pm

Cedric, What will it hurt to give the man his money back? Wouldn't you be pissed off if you were told a mic worked fine before laying down money for it then upon receipt finding it broken?