reslosound RESLO ribbon mic

maz
buyin' a studio

Re: reslosound RESLO ribbon mic

Post by maz » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:44 pm

cedric wrote: i still believe that everything you buy on ebay, that's around 40-50 years old, should be considered sold as is.
i didn't have time to write up the 'perfect' ebay auction. namely, mentioning that everything is sold as is. even if i did back then, it wouldn't chane the fact, that the mic somewhere inbetween me packing it down and mr. Sobel trying it out, it was damaged.
it still would've left my possesion in perfect condition.
that's a bunch of crap. Why should it all be considered as-is? As-is auctions NEVER go as high as ones that don't say that... so obviously no one on ebay shares your point of view.

if you didn't have time to write it in the auction, it's on you.

Just give the money back. It really sucks that you would even try to defend this. This stuff happens, and it's understandable, but the seller has to take the heat.
Last edited by maz on Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:18 pm

It's no use trying to back pedal you're way out of this one mate.

These tests you allegedly ran on this Reslo mic is a complete nonsense, and you know it!...

Pay Evan his money back, or cop the flak from everyone here.

Al

jca83
carpal tunnel

Post by jca83 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:05 pm

cedric wrote: i still believe that everything you buy on ebay, that's around 40-50 years old, should be considered sold as is.
i didn't have time to write up the 'perfect' ebay auction. namely, mentioning that everything is sold as is. even if i did back then, it wouldn't chane the fact, that the mic somewhere inbetween me packing it down and mr. Sobel trying it out, it was damaged.
it still would've left my possesion in perfect condition.
did you write as-is on the auction? the "perfect" ebay auction doesn't exist, sure, but a FAIR ebay auction will say as-is on broken equipment. even if a multimeter says it works. as mr. sobel said, a multimeter has been known to frequently break ribbon mics during this kind of test, not to mention the fact that just a multimeter test doesn't ensure it's fine. you should've specified. it's only fair. i love how you say the mic's old and is as-is in one sentence, and then in "perfect condition" in another. covering your bases no matter what happens, eh? if it's in perfect condition, why didn't it work? if it's as-is, why didn't you say so? when i buy as-is equipment, i expect to have to fix it. when i buy "perfect condition" equipment, i'll be pissed if a rack ear is bent upon receiving it, even if the shipping guys bent it. have some courtesy, decency and professionalism and at least agree to talk with him about it. you guys are in the same area, right? just go have a drink somewhere and work it out. not a big deal.. you guys both want to make this happen, just sit down and work something out.
that devil bastard protools

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:50 pm

alba359 wrote:Cedric, What will it hurt to give the man his money back? Wouldn't you be pissed off if you were told a mic worked fine before laying down money for it then upon receipt finding it broken?
seriously! give the money back and he will give you the mic back... TAPEOP!!!! BAN this motherfucker if he doesn't. :evil:
-Matthew Macchio$tab

Bear
deaf.

Post by Bear » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:46 pm

To expect anyone to buy something from you, recieve it broken and say "It's cool, man," is fucking silly. That's why there's such thing as insurance on packages (it only costs a few extra bucks) should something go wrong. You're just being an ass because you fucked something up along the line (even if you didn't mess up the mic, you did not fullfill you're responsibility as a seller).

If we were in the same room right now, I would totally throw my snifter of brandy in your face and shout, "Good day, sir!" Then I'd bang your mom on the way out. And make the dog watch.
I am wangtacular.

wardshorsehead
buyin' gear

Post by wardshorsehead » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:13 pm

this is the kind of shit ass cop out that makes ebay suck at times. you were totally in the wrong cedric, and i can only hope that you conduct yourself more professionally in the future. and i'd poop on the floor while bear worked his brandy magic...

f.

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:43 pm

cedric wrote:i didn't have time to write up the 'perfect' ebay auction. namely, mentioning that everything is sold as is.
Yehrite - how very time consuming it would be to type those 8 letters.

LAME.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

stuntbutt
pushin' record

Post by stuntbutt » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:14 am

The way I see it, it doesn't matter if the mic worked before you sold it. You agreed to provide a working mic to the buyer. Your auction did not state "As is". Give the buyer his money back.

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:08 am

maz wrote:This stuff happens, and it's understandable, but the seller has to take the heat.
Exactly.

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:20 am

Even when something is sold "as is", it's generally understood that it's not going to be DOA, unless it's also described as "untested". I think most sellers would refund a DOA mic, whether it was described as "as is" or not. If it's described as working and in perfect condition, there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for not refunding a DOA mic.

Cedric, return the money. You can either get the mic fixed and resell it, or resell it while clearly and explicitly stating the mic DOES NOT WORK. You've already done damage to something much more valuable than the mic (and steadily deteriorating every minute you hold on to Evan's money): your reputation. Back down, admit you were an ass, refund the money, and you'll be on the path toward earning it back. Good luck.

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:20 am

Cedric,
I hate to pile on here, but you're obviously fighting a PR fight you aren't going to win. You may keep the money, but everybody's going to think you're an asshole. I can't see how a few dollars is worth all of this negative feedback.

If it's a matter of not having the money to pay back, talk to Evan and work out a payment plan or something. Sometimes you just have to let go of feeling like you are "right" and your actions are "justified". It's time to start digging your way back out of this hole.
Marko

howiemarx
gettin' sounds

Post by howiemarx » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:09 am

i agree with what all has been said.

it seems if you don't refund the money, you might as well quit posting here.

this shit don't play at TapeOp.

alba359
alignin' 24-trk

Post by alba359 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:43 am

I agree with howiemarx, give the money back or stay away.

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:13 pm

here's just a little more exposure.
Afterall, it was an add from right here in our backyard.

http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopi ... 290#187290

jajjguy
re-cappin' neve

Post by jajjguy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:08 am

I said GOOD DAY!!