I like Barack Obama

Mr PC
buyin' gear

I like Barack Obama

Post by Mr PC » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:41 pm

Just in case you thought that Mr. PC was totally close minded, I saw Mr. Obama on Charlie Rose tonight and I really like the guy. I'm not down with his politics, but he is wise and is a very reasonable, competent and engaging guy.

I could imagine voting against him for ideological reasons, but he is worthy of anyone's respect, as I see it. A rising star indeed.

Mr. PC

p.s. I don't want to imply that anyone cares what I think----

drmorbius
gettin' sounds

Re: I like Barack Obama

Post by drmorbius » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:15 am

How was he off the cuff on Charlie Rose? I heard him on Imus the other day and he was all ums and pauses. I like the guy when he gives a prepared speech, and he's obviously smart, but if he's going to have the bright political career everyone expects he will have, he has to learn to improvise a little better.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:03 am

It was the first time I saw him speak for any length of time (I'm from Ohio). He was fantastic. I didn't pick up on the "ums and pauses". He seemed very relaxed and thoughtful in his responses. Maybe if I only had the audio I would notice broken speech, but it didn't come across at all in the long interview.

PC

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:10 am

Mr PC wrote:Just in case you thought that Mr. PC was totally close minded......
You should only refer to yourself in the third person in the future.

Trust me, it's cool.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:16 am

Greenlander wrote:
Mr PC wrote:Just in case you thought that Mr. PC was totally close minded......
You should only refer to yourself in the third person in the future.

Trust me, it's cool.

Well, when it comes to cool, Mr. PC is all that and then some (or whatever you kids are saying these days).

It's even more stupid referring to yourself in the third person using a nickname, come to think of it.

PC

bigtoe
deaf.

Post by bigtoe » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:20 am

why is this even an interesting issue for you? is because the guy is black and has a funny name? honestly...i'm curious.

he'll be a tool but a maybe a good one. i dunno. right now he seems more like a new sandwich at mcdonalds being test marketed to me.

it is cool that both rice and he are being groomed. goodbye whitey one day...hopefully the socio-economic aspects of race will start being paid attention too instead of just whther someone is black-skinned or not.

Mike

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:29 am

Holy bigotry, batman!

Maybe I was just flipping around the TV dial and happened upon a guy who is seen as a rising star in politics and was very impressed by him. I'll grant you that one reason he is interesting to the political world is that he is black. For me the irony in my liking him is that he is a democrat. I'm a right-winger, so am not always ready to wrap my arms around democrats.

He is an individual who is very bright and engaging.

PC

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:36 am

Mr PC wrote:Holy bigotry, batman!

Maybe I was just flipping around the TV dial and happened upon a guy who is seen as a rising star in politics and was very impressed by him. I'll grant you that one reason he is interesting to the political world is that he is black. For me the irony in my liking him is that he is a democrat. I'm a right-winger, so am not always ready to wrap my arms around democrats.

He is an individual who is very bright and engaging.

PC
Yes, but he's a communist. His personality is irrelevant. Show no weakness!

Don't pander to the West Coast, homosexual, liberal elite. Did I leave anything out?
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

bigtoe
deaf.

Post by bigtoe » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:39 am

"Holy bigotry, batman!"

yeah - that's usually what i say to myself when i read your posts. go further south, please.

later-

Mike

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:43 am

Mr PC wrote:Just in case you thought that Mr. PC was totally close minded, I saw Mr. Obama on Charlie Rose tonight and I really like the guy. I'm not down with his politics, but he is wise and is a very reasonable, competent and engaging guy.

I could imagine voting against him for ideological reasons, but he is worthy of anyone's respect, as I see it. A rising star indeed.

Mr. PC

p.s. I don't want to imply that anyone cares what I think----
Man I am really glad to hear that PC. I like Obama too, he is intellegent and dosent seem creepy.

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:46 am

I think he could be the ultimate cross-over politician....hehehehe
boobs are life's fountain

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:50 am

my girlfriend has a huge crush on him.

motherfucker!

illinoisian's were privvy to a pretty rediculous keyes/obama race. what a rediculous move (or hail mary that noone expected to land anywhere near the goal line) for the republicans.

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:32 am

Yeah, Obama seems like a good guy. I love that the republican leadership in Illinois had people following him around with cameras to try to catch him slipping up and saying something bad.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:00 am

xonlocust wrote:my girlfriend has a huge crush on him.

motherfucker!

illinoisian's were privvy to a pretty rediculous keyes/obama race. what a rediculous move (or hail mary that noone expected to land anywhere near the goal line) for the republicans.
Yeah, Keyes was an absolute joke, a truly dispicable candidate pandering to fear and bigotry alone.

Obama, thought Mjau, was very good on Imus, which is not, states Mjau, Meet the Press, a place where, Mjau asserts, "umms" and "ahhs" are quite ok at 6am.

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:04 pm

Obama likes tax reform. He's not to be trusted until he starts producing. If he coasts on a moderate's agenda in order to be a safe bet for a future presidential bid then he aint worth the hype.

Let's see him use that smooth, likeable personality to create some effective defense against the Right, eh?