Explain your User Name

horacesqueeze
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: Explain your User Name

Post by horacesqueeze » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:24 am

Mine is based on a stuffed gorilla my mother sent me in college for Valentines Day. He is white and can hug you with his large velcro arms. I was surprised at the size of the animal and decided he needed an important name, so I named him Horacesqueeze.

He now stands guard over my dvd/shrinking vhs collection in my living room.

-miles
3 Things to remember : Bones Heal, chicks dig scars and America has the best doctor to daredevil ratio in the world!

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:23 am

A Pavement song. Sorry.

I used to use "RKelly" as a username cause well......that's my name and everyone was amused by the R&B artist connection, but I don't really wanna be associated with someone accused of having sex with minors (also I believe he peed on a couple of them).

Maybe I'll change back if he gets acquited.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:46 am

For those who haven't read the two other threads where i wrote this..

A couple of years ago i worked at this company for the summer that sold computer stuff and electricals to resellers. I'm skinny and pretty scruffy and we had to wear suits (despite only e-mailing and using the phone). Gradually my scruffyness took over and my suit jacket became a cardigan, my shoes into sandles or trainers (sneakers?), while still in shirt and tie. I was standing at the photocopier one day and my boss looked over and called me Rigsby, after Leonard Rossiter's character in Rising Damp. People called me that there for a while and my girlfriend thought it was cute so it stuck for a while. During the sticking time i joined some boards inc this one, and well, there you go. People i actually see face to face rarely call me it anymore unless they're feeling particularly warm or cute towards me. I quite like it, but it's wierd if my friends use it too much.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:07 am

Shabbadoo wrote:The only clue I have to the origin of the name is that a French dude in a chat room said it was a pretty common nickname in France.

Isn't that just fascinating?
"shabbadoo" is my roommates' term for the reefer.

also fascinating. haha.

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:08 am

Rigsby wrote:For those who haven't read the two other threads where i wrote this..

A couple of years ago i worked at this company for the summer that sold computer stuff and electricals to resellers. I'm skinny and pretty scruffy and we had to wear suits (despite only e-mailing and using the phone). Gradually my scruffyness took over and my suit jacket became a cardigan, my shoes into sandles or trainers (sneakers?), while still in shirt and tie. I was standing at the photocopier one day and my boss looked over and called me Rigsby, after Leonard Rossiter's character in Rising Damp. People called me that there for a while and my girlfriend thought it was cute so it stuck for a while. During the sticking time i joined some boards inc this one, and well, there you go. People i actually see face to face rarely call me it anymore unless they're feeling particularly warm or cute towards me. I quite like it, but it's wierd if my friends use it too much.
I wonder if anyone on this board except you, me and Bobbydj is gonna know who or what Rising Damp or Leonard Rossiter are.

I always preferred "The Rise and Fall of Reggie Perrin".
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:09 am

wing wrote:... it just gets old is all. hehe.
see...that's when you need to add MORE! and just obliterate the original part COMPLETELY. :D

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:25 am

Bear wrote:I watch a lot of animal documentaries. It was either this or squirell.
my girlfriend calls me bear often, because i'm short with a round belly, like i bear i guess. rarrr!

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:37 am

Greenlander wrote: I wonder if anyone on this board except you, me and Bobbydj is gonna know who or what Rising Damp or Leonard Rossiter are.

I always preferred "The Rise and Fall of Reggie Perrin".
Count me in the know, at least as far as Reginald Perrin..
beware bee wear

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:55 am

Yeah, Reggie Perrin was awesome. I have this really great feeling about the series where opened that shop 'grot' i think, where they just sold complete rubbish, but that's the series they've not repeated over here and i only remember it from being a very young kid (i'm 28), really would like to get a copy of that series. I think my dad has a serise or two. Lovely stuff.

rigsbysmith.com

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:56 am

Where the fuck did that smiley face come from?

Yes, Mr Smiley, i'm 28.

rigsbysmith.com

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:02 pm

Rigsby wrote:Yeah, Reggie Perrin was awesome. I have this really great feeling about the series where opened that shop 'grot' i think, where they just sold complete rubbish, but that's the series they've not repeated over here and i only remember it from being a very young kid (i'm 28), really would like to get a copy of that series. I think my dad has a serise or two. Lovely stuff.
I was able to rent the 2 tape set of the whole thing not too long ago, it's funny how stuff comes back to you.. I had not seen it for over 20 years.
beware bee wear

mikeyc
buyin' gear

Post by mikeyc » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:16 pm

I have some pals from way back who call me Crazy Mikey C. (the last name's Council by the way). They would call me on the phone and I'd be like: "hello?" and they'd be like: "Crazy Mikey C.?"
I don't know. I kind of like it. I dropped the crazy. Nutty.

Stephen Horsley
pluggin' in mics

Post by Stephen Horsley » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:10 pm

reggie perrin. that gives me warm memories of when all NZ's tv programming came straight from the bbc.

my band is called the body corporate. i also work for a council where some of my collegues work with apartment body corporate, so the name is kinda ironic.

my real name is Stephen

Curbcalc
audio school

Post by Curbcalc » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:40 pm

Doesn't this thread sort of remove the cool and obtuse nature of all of our wacky user names.

Oh well...

I calc curb for a living.
"We've got 25 rifles, just to keep the
population down"

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Post by comfortstarr » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:41 pm

The first male Starr in my family came here from England around 1660, his name was Comfort Starr. I think Comfort is a pretty cool name for a fella.