ampguy cd -- half price!!

ampguy
buyin' a studio

ampguy cd -- half price!!

Post by ampguy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:00 pm

I haven't sold any, and I have to move some, so they're $5 shipped in the lower 48 states. Thanks.

nlmd311
tinnitus

Re: ampguy cd -- half price!!

Post by nlmd311 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:48 pm

ampguy wrote:I haven't sold any, and I have to move some, so they're $5 shipped in the lower 48 states. Thanks.
?
Didn't even know you had a cd finished. Paint me oblivious. Do you accept Paypal? I was going to send out the money for Inverseroom's disc this week so I might as well go for broke!
Let me know, I am always up for some new music.

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

ampguy
buyin' a studio

Post by ampguy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:45 pm

Hi Darrill,
I have 3 CD's out, but this is the first one that's got graphics, jewel box, and shrink wrapped, the earlier ones, 'ocean' and 'mountain' are just cdrs. I also have a DVD-A out.

I take paypal, and you can also buy my CD from Jonathan Wing who has some, he did my artwork, and it would be great if you bought some of his stock first, as I'm sure he wants to move some too.

Thanks so much!!
nlmd311 wrote:
ampguy wrote:I haven't sold any, and I have to move some, so they're $5 shipped in the lower 48 states. Thanks.
?
Didn't even know you had a cd finished. Paint me oblivious. Do you accept Paypal? I was going to send out the money for Inverseroom's disc this week so I might as well go for broke!
Let me know, I am always up for some new music.

-Darrill

MAR
audio school graduate

Post by MAR » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:49 pm

Oh what a suprise, you haven't sold any of your CD's. Is that a shock to you?

Your music? Are you talking about the stuff you've posted clips of? If it is, I know what I want for christmas. Where are you releasing it? Is there a big market for guys who sound like they're playing the guitar with boxing gloves on?

Those clips regardless of your lack of technique, suffer from melody-lessness. That's not music, that's noodling...badly. Where are the melodies?

You have no feel for the blues at all. Your playing is almost robotic, and that's being cruel to robots. A robot has more soul than you have. Your playing is more like a robot programmed to be the quintessential, stereotypical, cliched worst guitar player on earth.
Ampguy,
seriously? I think you may be picking up some good directional criticism here. I listened to your clips too, and I'm sorry - but I'm having trouble taking you seriously on any subject related to music production. You might think about saving a little face, and take a few lessons, and practice alot before you attempt to release ANYTHING! Making these tunes is a good way to get feedback, and hear what you're doing wrong vs. right. But I gotta tell you, there is no structure to your music, no rhythm in your playing, and it doesn't even sound like you are listening to the drum sample you are playing to! The Drums are there to keep the beat man!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the good news: You discovered the blues box! Cool! Now, mess with it for a few months every single day - Learn the major scale, and the church modes, Record a 12 bar progression, and jam over it. That way you'll hear what you can and can't do, and learn new licks. Oh Ya, practice to a LOUD Drum beat, so you don't drown it out with your "funk" - Dig?

As for format of your "upcoming release": Cross that bridge when you have something to release!

Contra
Ampguy and guitar playing go together as well as chocolate ice cream and an onion. - Catoogie
Quote:
I am a blues man.

No what you are is delusional and it's really not even funny anymore.

You are a robot! A sad and pathetic robot.

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:05 pm

mar sucks.
MAR wrote:Oh what a suprise, you haven't sold any of your CD's. Is that a shock to you?

Your music? Are you talking about the stuff you've posted clips of? If it is, I know what I want for christmas. Where are you releasing it? Is there a big market for guys who sound like they're playing the guitar with boxing gloves on?

Those clips regardless of your lack of technique, suffer from melody-lessness. That's not music, that's noodling...badly. Where are the melodies?

You have no feel for the blues at all. Your playing is almost robotic, and that's being cruel to robots. A robot has more soul than you have. Your playing is more like a robot programmed to be the quintessential, stereotypical, cliched worst guitar player on earth.
Ampguy,
seriously? I think you may be picking up some good directional criticism here. I listened to your clips too, and I'm sorry - but I'm having trouble taking you seriously on any subject related to music production. You might think about saving a little face, and take a few lessons, and practice alot before you attempt to release ANYTHING! Making these tunes is a good way to get feedback, and hear what you're doing wrong vs. right. But I gotta tell you, there is no structure to your music, no rhythm in your playing, and it doesn't even sound like you are listening to the drum sample you are playing to! The Drums are there to keep the beat man!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the good news: You discovered the blues box! Cool! Now, mess with it for a few months every single day - Learn the major scale, and the church modes, Record a 12 bar progression, and jam over it. That way you'll hear what you can and can't do, and learn new licks. Oh Ya, practice to a LOUD Drum beat, so you don't drown it out with your "funk" - Dig?

As for format of your "upcoming release": Cross that bridge when you have something to release!

Contra
Ampguy and guitar playing go together as well as chocolate ice cream and an onion. - Catoogie
Quote:
I am a blues man.

No what you are is delusional and it's really not even funny anymore.

You are a robot! A sad and pathetic robot.

meblumen
steve albini likes it

Post by meblumen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:33 pm

Normally when little flame wars or other drama starts up on this forum I usually don't bother getting involved but MAR your comment really irked me. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Its cheesy and I feel lame saying it but what was the point in your post, if you don't dig amp guy's music don't buy it. He didn't ask for feedback, he posted an ad for people to buy his CD, plain and simple. I was under the impression that this board was to help people in their recording endevors not be a jerk about people's music and their sales. If this was one of those bullshit ads for smokes or a necklace or whatever non-music spam has recently pervaded tapeop.com I would understand but next time if someone makes a legitimate post, if you don't have something decent or atleast constructive to offer, don't waste your time and ours.

ampguy
buyin' a studio

Post by ampguy » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:11 am

maybe the wrong thread or forum, but I appreciate any feedback. So Mar, what CD's are you hoping Santa will bring this year? Were you good?? What kinds of music do you like? About my playing and roboticness, and lack of melody, is that for all of my music, electric, acoustic, vocals, instrumentals?? How's the production and mix, other than the melody and robotic guitar??
meblumen wrote:Normally when little flame wars or other drama starts up on this forum I usually don't bother getting involved but MAR your comment really irked me. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Its cheesy and I feel lame saying it but what was the point in your post, if you don't dig amp guy's music don't buy it. He didn't ask for feedback, he posted an ad for people to buy his CD, plain and simple. I was under the impression that this board was to help people in their recording endevors not be a jerk about people's music and their sales. If this was one of those bullshit ads for smokes or a necklace or whatever non-music spam has recently pervaded tapeop.com I would understand but next time if someone makes a legitimate post, if you don't have something decent or atleast constructive to offer, don't waste your time and ours.

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:01 am

Ampguy-

Is this CD a compilation of the stuff you post for downloading or is it all new?

ampguy
buyin' a studio

Post by ampguy » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:15 am

There are 23 tracks, about 73 minutes total, maybe 1/3rd of them have been posted in mp3 format. They were mostly recorded around March, 2004 with a specific studio configuration.
maz wrote:Ampguy-

Is this CD a compilation of the stuff you post for downloading or is it all new?