99.8% of all FCC complaints come from one activist group

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

99.8% of all FCC complaints come from one activist group

Post by Mr. Dipity » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:53 pm

99.8% of all FCC complaints come from one damn activist group.

Piotr
tinnitus

Re: 99.8% of all FCC complaints come from one activist group

Post by Piotr » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:42 pm

It's sad to see parents pimping their kids out...Michael Powell, I mean...but he is a whore
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:58 pm

So we can deduce from these statistic that the amount of people outside of this group who care about what is being shown on TV is almost no one.

That is at least who care enough to call the FCC.

Mike

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:38 pm

That's fucked. We should start a pro-indecency activist group. Or maybe an "anti-activist group" activist group.

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:12 am

It just goes to show you, something that conservatives and right-wingers in general have known for years, all you have to do is make noise and you can get your way.

All these right-wing groups with names like "Concerned Parents against Gangsta Rap" or whatever. If they shout loud enough it seems like they're talking for a lot more people then they really are.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:02 am

Greenlander wrote:It just goes to show you, something that conservatives and right-wingers in general have known for years, all you have to do is make noise and you can get your way.

All these right-wing groups with names like "Concerned Parents against Gangsta Rap" or whatever. If they shout loud enough it seems like they're talking for a lot more people then they really are.
yea, maybe that applies IF YOURE a REPUBLICAN.

quite the opposite if youre anyone else.

go try to yell and scream about the current illegal murder of iraqis and that bush is starting WW3........see if you get your way.

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:12 am

high tek wrote:
Greenlander wrote:It just goes to show you, something that conservatives and right-wingers in general have known for years, all you have to do is make noise and you can get your way.

yea, maybe that applies IF YOURE a REPUBLICAN.

quite the opposite if youre anyone else.

go try to yell and scream about the current illegal murder of iraqis and that bush is starting WW3........see if you get your way.

No, I know what you mean. When conservatives do it, it's an outcry. When liberas do, it's shrill. Or some variation thereof.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:43 am

Yeah, I was at the RNC protest this summer, here in New York. They were very intent on shutting us up, but not by listening to us.

I was in an Anti-Parents group as a kid. Boy did I scream. But I'll be damned, I still have parents.