The Worst Music in the world

hofmann
audio school

The Worst Music in the world

Post by hofmann » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:28 pm

I was drunk the other night and wasting my precious time on the computer when I came across this website, Garage band.com......
This is quality entertainment.
"Suck it up and win the race."

JGriffin
zen recordist

Re: The Worst Music in the world

Post by JGriffin » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:40 pm

Hm.

I have a bunch of tunes up on Garageband.

Where are yours posted? 'Cause I'm sure they're amazing.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:44 pm

dougo
pushin' record

Post by dougo » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:32 am

dwlb wrote:Hm.

Don't worry about drunk comments. Keep posting stuff on Garageband and any other place to get your stuff out there. All that matters is that you have fun, record it, and get it out where somebody can listen to it. For what it is worth my exbandmates and I did a very Dylanish ripoff tune for his mom. I put it out on Soundclick just so people here could critique my first ever living room recording. Great critique, good and bad. Funny thing is that some schlock record co. found it on Soundclick and wants to release the CD.

Who knows what can happen.
Have a great day,
dougo
"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
1910-1997

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:42 am

Yeah, I was just in a shitty mood last night.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:48 am

there is a LOT of shitty music on garageband.com; I'm sure that not all the music on there is bad, but hoo doggy...
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

dougo
pushin' record

Post by dougo » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:59 am

dwlb wrote:Yeah, I was just in a shitty mood last night.
No problem. I've been there myself. Even though there may be a ton of feces out there, we have the freedom to check it out if we wish. I would have been freaking out when I was a kid if I had this much info. Still, it is kind of cool finding the gem in a pile of shit every once in awhiie.

Adios,
dougo
"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
1910-1997

YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

Post by YOUR KONG » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:34 pm

It's just like mp3.com - some great stuff, lots of crap.

There's some story bandied about on the geekier message boards about how some sci-fi writer was asked to account for 90% of sci-fi being crap. The writer responded, "Of course 90% of sci-fi is crap. 90% of everything is crap!"

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:10 pm

King Kong Kitchie Kitchie wrote: There's some story bandied about on the geekier message boards about how some sci-fi writer was asked to account for 90% of sci-fi being crap. The writer responded, "Of course 90% of sci-fi is crap. 90% of everything is crap!"
It's true. I've held that view for years.

hofmann
audio school

Post by hofmann » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:24 am

Hm.

I have six platinum records that I am staring at right now so I think I have earned the right to talk a little shit. I was writing hit songs when these kids were still crawling to the accordian. I am so famous that I need a maid to clean up after my maid. I sometimes get upset while in public, because strange girls keep propositioning me to to sign secret parts of them.
I just got back from a dinner party where Paul McCartney kept bugging me to tell him my "secret recipe" for writing golden glorious melodies. I can write six songs by accident while taking a piss that are better than anything anyone in the world has ever dreamed of.
This one time, while me and John were in Hamburg, he told me he secretly wished he was as good as me at writing songs. I laughed it off and told him to imagine a world where people could get along despite differences. I am still waiting for the check in the mail.
But I really don't need it since I am so buried in money and praise that I could buy most small countries and hire the people there to run my expansive network of expensive audio gear.
I really don't have time to explain why most music nowadays sucks very, VERY bad, I have to get to my mansion in the hills and have hours of guilt free sex with trained asian sex acrobats.
So, that's all the time I have. And as for your "comment" I think you need to come over to my mansion and drink a glass of hundred year old whiskey with me, and we'll talk about your anger problem, and just maybe if you are nice, I can put a word in for you to my friends, there's no need to be a grumpy gus.
"Suck it up and win the race."

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:49 am

hofmann wrote: I think you need to come over to my mansion and drink a glass of hundred year old whiskey with me, and we'll talk about your anger problem, and just maybe if you are nice, I can put a word in for you to my friends, there's no need to be a grumpy gus.
What brand of whiskey? I've heard that 90% of whiskey is crap.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:56 am

hofmann wrote:I have six platinum records that I am staring at right now so I think I have earned the right to talk a little shit. I was writing hit songs when these kids were still crawling to the accordian. I am so famous that I need a maid to clean up after my maid. I sometimes get upset while in public, because strange girls keep propositioning me to to sign secret parts of them.
I just got back from a dinner party where Paul McCartney kept bugging me to tell him my "secret recipe" for writing golden glorious melodies. I can write six songs by accident while taking a piss that are better than anything anyone in the world has ever dreamed of.
This one time, while me and John were in Hamburg, he told me he secretly wished he was as good as me at writing songs. I laughed it off and told him to imagine a world where people could get along despite differences. I am still waiting for the check in the mail.
But I really don't need it since I am so buried in money and praise that I could buy most small countries and hire the people there to run my expansive network of expensive audio gear.
I really don't have time to explain why most music nowadays sucks very, VERY bad, I have to get to my mansion in the hills and have hours of guilt free sex with trained asian sex acrobats.
So, that's all the time I have. And as for your "comment" I think you need to come over to my mansion and drink a glass of hundred year old whiskey with me, and we'll talk about your anger problem, and just maybe if you are nice, I can put a word in for you to my friends, there's no need to be a grumpy gus.
Ha ha ha.

Hey, are you that dude who was the assistant engineer on the Friends' theme? That recording rocks so hard. You could totally sue JL's estate for that whole 'peace and love' thing, I bet. I mean, it's not like you're going to bankrupt them, why not take a stab?

Hey-o.

jmligt
alignin' 24-trk

Post by jmligt » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:46 am

I really don't have time to explain why most music nowadays sucks very, VERY bad
I hate it when people say this. If you really believe this, you are lazy. There is A LOT of music out there, period. Of course a lot of it is going to be bad, but at least they're trying. Plenty of good music is being made, it just needs to be found, and that's part of the fun. I think given the choice of a world with limited sources for music and one where many outlets exist, bad music and all I take the latter.

-lig[/i]

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:07 pm

hofmann wrote:
Hm.

I have six platinum records that I am staring at right now so I think I have earned the right to talk a little shit. I was writing hit songs when these kids were still crawling to the accordian. I am so famous that I need a maid to clean up after my maid. I sometimes get upset while in public, because strange girls keep propositioning me to to sign secret parts of them.
fucking UTFSF!
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:23 pm

hofmann wrote:
Hm.

See, now? You're a lot more fun to be around when you're sober! :P