Black Lion Audio Stiuation Update.

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
dictaphone
pushin' record

Black Lion Audio Stiuation Update.

Post by dictaphone » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:44 pm

I don't know about any of you guys, but I just heard from Matt yesterday. He said that he sent my package finally and gave me a tracking number. I'll let everyone know when it does arrive.

JASIII
george martin

Re: Black Lion Audio Stiuation Update.

Post by JASIII » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:52 pm

Did he say why he disappeared?
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

squizo
pushin' record

Post by squizo » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:40 pm

Being a good friend of matts, i feel i have to kind of stick up for him...

the guy gets super busy....and i know you're thinking "well. everyone gets busy , i just want my shit" but seriously the last time i talked to him on the phone he was pretty far behind on some mods and even further behind on orders....

you must realize that this is all being done by one man....taking orders, responding to questions/e-mails, shipping orders, performing mods and dealing with the occasional poor friend who stops by with his piece of broken gear saying "help!, i need this by tomorrow!"

if it makes you feel any better.....I have been waiting for an 8 channel mic pre from him for over a year and a half!!! I'm not mad....just anxious.....

good things come to those who wait

Red Rockets Glare
tinnitus

Post by Red Rockets Glare » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:14 pm

squizo wrote:Being a good friend of matts, i feel i have to kind of stick up for him...

the guy gets super busy....and i know you're thinking "well. everyone gets busy , i just want my shit" but seriously the last time i talked to him on the phone he was pretty far behind on some mods and even further behind on orders....

you must realize that this is all being done by one man....taking orders, responding to questions/e-mails, shipping orders, performing mods and dealing with the occasional poor friend who stops by with his piece of broken gear saying "help!, i need this by tomorrow!"

if it makes you feel any better.....I have been waiting for an 8 channel mic pre from him for over a year and a half!!! I'm not mad....just anxious.....

good things come to those who wait
I totally understand that sometimes folks get busy, when it's a one person operation even more so, but when you take someones money you owe it to them to at the very least communicate with them, even if it's, "look, I need a month to get this back to you"
THAT I understand, what I don't get is just turning off all communication and closing down a website without notice, that's just lame, that's bad business.
If you're a good friend of his, will you please ask him to get in touch with Raymond Richards? I just want to hear that I will eventually get my 200 dollars worth of gear back, even if I have to wait for a while for it.

Sheesh.

bigtoe
deaf.

Post by bigtoe » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:58 am

no shit. take the work on you can do. if you're too busy to cover your responsiblities...then don't take them on or hire some help.

totally lame ...BOOOOOOOOOO.

MIke

puffpastry
pushin' record

Post by puffpastry » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:15 am

Hey everybody--
I just wanted to let you know that I haven't disappeared. The last couple of months have been a time of upheaval, family tradgedy, and personal loss. I want to apologize publicly for being unable to maintain my site during that time, and I'm currently working to fill the fifty or so outstanding orders that I still have.

I really don't want anyone to think that I am trying to shaft them or give them the runaround--I've had a very hard time just managing my personal affairs, and I'm sorry that this has caused turmoil for people. I hope all of you can forgive me. I will contact those of you with outstanding orders and modifications when they ship.

Whether or not Black Lion Audio will continue remains to be seen, but I want everyone to know that I have very much enjoyed helping people with the electronics knowledge that I have.

Red Rockets Glare
tinnitus

Post by Red Rockets Glare » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:25 am

THANK you SO much for that MATT, take all the time you need fixing my unit man. My prayers are totally with you and your brother.
Cheers,
Raymond

squizo
pushin' record

Post by squizo » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:09 pm

thanks matt!

..................dicks!

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Post by greatmagnet » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:42 pm

I'm rootin' for you whatever's going on with life. We need more folks like you helping us make cheap shit sound way better for even cheaper.

Yeah that made a lot of sense.

I just bought a Black Lion-Modded EQ3B from someone right here on this very board and I'd like to have a pair someday and some of your other stuff as well, so please keep yer pecker up as the English say and soldier through!
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

eeldip
dead but not forgotten

Post by eeldip » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:09 pm

speaking of this, i gotta remember to order those pots you recommended for the mp105.

i was kinda buggin the last singer i made sing through that thing while adjusting levels. he didnt seem to "trust" something that made that much noise while moving the pots.

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:51 pm

I'm glad you're back Matt. I hope you get through whatever's going on. You do great work and it would be a terrible thing to lose your talents.
Best of luck,
Mark

dictaphone
pushin' record

Post by dictaphone » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:42 pm

Yes, I did receice my mod kit for my 3630 today.
Yes, I can't wait to tear it apart and mod it.

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:12 pm

Matt, good to know you're ok. Hopefully folks will cut you a little slack. I don't know what's been going on in your personal life, but I hope this next year treats you and your family better.

Good luck.