Glad it's back up...what's with the color

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

tubejay
pushin' record

Glad it's back up...what's with the color

Post by tubejay » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:34 am

First let me say that I'm very glad the board is back! Thanks for getting it running again!!

What's with the color though? The yellow and brown is tough to look at. I like either color on it's own...but together it's like vomit. Just a minor gripe....

:D :D 8)
Last edited by tubejay on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

JES
tinnitus

Re: Glad it's back up...what's with the color

Post by JES » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:46 am

tubejay wrote:First let me say that I'm very glad the board is back! Thanks for getting it running again!!

What's with the color though? The yellow and brown is tought to look at. I like either color on it's own...but together it's like vomit. Just a minor gripe....

Oh, I dunno. I used to think the yellow was weird, but it turned out to be awesome. Just wanted to say thanks for getting the board back up. I'm psyched to start reading again.

My *only* *tiny* criticism is that I will really miss the "general" board. For instance, if I want to set up a meet-up, I have to hope that people in my area will actually read the meet-ups board. Any chance you all will reconsider the death of "general"?

Thanks.

--JES

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:11 am

glad the board is up, no criticisms, just thanks to all who put time into its resurection and who continue to put time into its operation. i've been spending my days arguing politics on the myspace boards. good to have a non-political way to kill some time at "work."

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:31 am

JES wrote:My *only* *tiny* criticism is that I will really miss the "general" board. For instance, if I want to set up a meet-up, I have to hope that people in my area will actually read the meet-ups board. Any chance you all will reconsider the death of "general"?
we (me, larry, john, craig, chris, tony and i think a coupla others were in and out) discussed this at length at the tapeopcon a few months ago and we decided that we didn't want the tomb to include a 'general recording' forum. while it was "fun" for some, it wasn't "fun" for all and we'd rather have the forums directed towards specific things. we tried it for a while and now we're doing something new.
there are lots of places on the web to shoot the shit. we just don't want it here anymore, haven't for a while...sorry!
:mrpink: hillary

junkstar
re-cappin' neve

Post by junkstar » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:33 am

Man am I glad this board is back. Will take me weeks to get used to the disruptive background image, but I'll go dizzy if I have to in order to get my TOMB fix. Thanks for bringing it back folks.

junkstar
re-cappin' neve

Post by junkstar » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:36 am

JES wrote:
tubejay wrote:First let me say that I'm very glad the board is back! Thanks for getting it running again!!

What's with the color though? The yellow and brown is tought to look at. I like either color on it's own...but together it's like vomit. Just a minor gripe....

Oh, I dunno. I used to think the yellow was weird, but it turned out to be awesome. Just wanted to say thanks for getting the board back up. I'm psyched to start reading again.

My *only* *tiny* criticism is that I will really miss the "general" board. For instance, if I want to set up a meet-up, I have to hope that people in my area will actually read the meet-ups board. Any chance you all will reconsider the death of "general"?

Thanks.

--JES

Yes, overly categorized boards are less active for sure and it can be a big drag on slow moving boards (most of us will stick to one or two categories tops) but that may work to an advantage here since TOMB seemed to be runnning wild toward the end. It will certainly let us all see which categories are hot and which are not.

YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

Post by YOUR KONG » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:07 am

One tip: In the upper right hand corner you can check all your unread messages. Scanning these for topics that look interesting might be a more efficient way to read the board than sticking your schnozz into every forum.

I'm also *relieved* to see that the threads I marked as "my favorites" carried over.

The new color scheme hurts my eyes, also, but...hey, if it didn't, it wouldn't be TapeOp.

Welcome back everybody.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

phpbb themes

Post by TapeOpHillary » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:22 am

i'm totally open if anyone wants to create an entire 'theme' as an additional option for the TOMB.

i'll tell you right now, it's very time consuming and if anyone is interested, i'll compile a checklist and post it in this forum (PM me and then i'll know there's interest).

it involves more than just selecting a background image and color scheme...!
there's several you can start from a phpbbstyles.com

:mrpink: hillary

eeldip
dead but not forgotten

Post by eeldip » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:33 am

no off topic!

penrithmatt
steve albini likes it

Post by penrithmatt » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:54 am

eeldip wrote:no off topic!
If it's not distorted,what's the point??

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:41 am

I dig the new design.

if it's all or mostly css, I'd take a hack at a new skin hillary.

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:50 am

TapeOpHillary wrote:
JES wrote:My *only* *tiny* criticism is that I will really miss the "general" board. For instance, if I want to set up a meet-up, I have to hope that people in my area will actually read the meet-ups board. Any chance you all will reconsider the death of "general"?
we (me, larry, john, craig, chris, tony and i think a coupla others were in and out) discussed this at length at the tapeopcon a few months ago and we decided that we didn't want the tomb to include a 'general recording' forum. while it was "fun" for some, it wasn't "fun" for all and we'd rather have the forums directed towards specific things. we tried it for a while and now we're doing something new.
what's the dif between "general recording" and "recording techniques"????

Evergreen
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Evergreen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:54 am

I LOVE that the TOMB is back up. I didn't post much(but lurked a lot) on the old forum but I think I'm going to become a more active member now.

Oh, I think the new style is great. It's easy on the eyes. WAY better than yellow.

Thanks for all the hard work Hillary, etc.

Tim

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:03 pm

Thanks for getting the boards back up Tape Op folks!!!

tret-lo
gettin' sounds

Post by tret-lo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:12 pm

I didn't post much(but lurked a lot) on the old forum but I think I'm going to become a more active member now.
I was a huge lurker too, but I went into serious withdrawl when the board went down. I hereby pledge to give up my lurkish ways and try to contribute something, however useless it might be...