the MEGA BOARD is coming!

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

User avatar
TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 6:58 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

the MEGA BOARD is coming!

Post by TapeOpHillary » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:10 am

by monday or tuesday of next week, we will add a Mega Board virtual forum for those of you that want to view all the posts from the board in one forum. that way you won't have to search through each forum individually if you don't want to.

keep in mind that when you post, however, you'll need to select which forum you want to post into...

other than an alternate way of viewing the TOMB, you'll be able to sort all the topics in any way you like. so, for example, you'll be able to filter all posts from the last day in order of topic title...

cool, huh?

:mrpink: hillary and tret-lo

User avatar
Greenlander
steve albini likes it
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:02 pm
Location: NY. NY

Re: the MEGA BOARD is coming!

Post by Greenlander » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:10 am

TapeOpHillary wrote:by monday or tuesday of next week, we will add a Mega Board virtual forum for those of you that want to view all the posts from the board in one forum. that way you won't have to search through each forum individually if you don't want to.

keep in mind that when you post, however, you'll need to select which forum you want to post into...

other than an alternate way of viewing the TOMB, you'll be able to sort all the topics in any way you like. so, for example, you'll be able to filter all posts from the last day in order of topic title...

cool, huh?

:mrpink: hillary and tret-lo
Sweet!

I was going to suggest that this might cut complaints and make us all happy campers again, but who knows, time will tell. I think it's the solution that most people have been looking for though. Can't wait.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

User avatar
Greenlander
steve albini likes it
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:02 pm
Location: NY. NY

Post by Greenlander » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:13 am

Just curious, will you be able to exclude all topics from a particular forum from the megaboard? For example, you know you don't want to read any threads from the 'hookups' section so you'd prefer they were left out.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

User avatar
trashy
dead but not forgotten
Posts: 2128
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 10:30 am
Location: Red Bluff, CA
Contact:

Re: the MEGA BOARD is coming!

Post by trashy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:33 am

TapeOpHillary wrote:we will add a Mega Board
*pees pants*

User avatar
TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 6:58 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by TapeOpHillary » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:37 am

Greenlander wrote:Just curious, will you be able to exclude all topics from a particular forum from the megaboard? For example, you know you don't want to read any threads from the 'hookups' section so you'd prefer they were left out.
that could be a tweak, but not initially, i'm pretty sure it's a whole lot of extra work...but we'll look into it.
:mrpink: hillary

User avatar
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel
Posts: 1598
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:06 pm
Location: In A Turkey Sandwich
Contact:

Re: the MEGA BOARD is coming!

Post by Girl Toes » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:29 am

TapeOpHillary wrote:by monday or tuesday of next week, we will add a Mega Board virtual forum for those of you that want to view all the posts from the board in one forum. that way you won't have to search through each forum individually if you don't want to.

keep in mind that when you post, however, you'll need to select which forum you want to post into...

other than an alternate way of viewing the TOMB, you'll be able to sort all the topics in any way you like. so, for example, you'll be able to filter all posts from the last day in order of topic title...

cool, huh?

:mrpink: hillary and tret-lo
I 2nd that, but its the computer section I don't want to read.

User avatar
wrenhunter
pushin' record
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri May 16, 2003 2:54 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Post by wrenhunter » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:34 pm

Thanks for doing this!
All the boys with their homemade microphones have very interesting sounds. -- Dan Behar

User avatar
TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 6:58 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by TapeOpHillary » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:42 am

e-gads!
we are slackers. okay it's coming either today or tomorrow...

for the sneaky, it's working and you can go here:

http://megaboard.tapeop.com

but...in a short bit, it will also show up as a forum listed with the other forums...
:)

User avatar
Greenlander
steve albini likes it
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:02 pm
Location: NY. NY

Post by Greenlander » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:11 pm

TapeOpHillary wrote:e-gads!
we are slackers. okay it's coming either today or tomorrow...

for the sneaky, it's working and you can go here:

http://megaboard.tapeop.com

but...in a short bit, it will also show up as a forum listed with the other forums...
:)
Nice, and it has the forum the thread came from too, really cool.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

User avatar
trashy
dead but not forgotten
Posts: 2128
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 10:30 am
Location: Red Bluff, CA
Contact:

Post by trashy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:07 pm

TapeOpHillary wrote:e-gads!
we are slackers. okay it's coming either today or tomorrow...

for the sneaky, it's working and you can go here:

http://megaboard.tapeop.com

but...in a short bit, it will also show up as a forum listed with the other forums...
:)
yeah... that's just rad.

User avatar
trashy
dead but not forgotten
Posts: 2128
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 10:30 am
Location: Red Bluff, CA
Contact:

Post by trashy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:08 pm

(thanks!)

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Post by kayagum » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:02 pm

I know we're too demanding Hillary, but...

... any chance to filter sticky topics on the MegaForum? or at least sort them by last post time?

(BTW, thank you for the Megatopic!)
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

"No one wants advice ? only corroboration." ~ John Steinbeck

User avatar
TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 6:58 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by TapeOpHillary » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:11 pm

kayagum wrote:I know we're too demanding Hillary, but...

... any chance to filter sticky topics on the MegaForum? or at least sort them by last post time?

(BTW, thank you for the Megatopic!)
i don't believe so because the megaboard is actually just a virtual forum. it's just a summary of all the threads... sorry...

chris harris
speech impediment
Posts: 4270
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:31 pm
Location: Norman, OK
Contact:

Post by chris harris » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:47 pm

the megaboard fucking rules.

percussion boy
carpal tunnel
Posts: 1512
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: Bay Area

Post by percussion boy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:53 pm

I, too, heart the fuggin' megaboard. Uhn!
"The world don't need no more songs." - Bob Dylan

"Why does the Creator send me such knuckleheads?" - Sun Ra
.
.
.
.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests