FS: Tweed 1x12 Pro Junior Cabinet

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

daede
takin' a dinner break

FS: Tweed 1x12 Pro Junior Cabinet

Post by daede » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:03 am

I recently had this cab built for me by JD Newell so I could use my Pro Junior with a 12" speaker. I was hoping for a little more- more throat, volume, depth, air- and this definitely gave me all of that.

It's the size of a 5E3 Deluxe, so it's nice and lightweight. This amp held up remarkably well in high volume rehearsals.

I'm moving to a higher wattage amp, so I'm going to be putting my PJ back to stock for the time being.

The cabinet cost me about $250, and it is like new, so I will be asking $200 shipped in the ConUS.

Check out more pictures here and email me if you have any other questions. Thanks!
"There's nothing noble in being better than your fellow man. True nobility comes from being better than your former self." Or something like that.

www.dreamachinemusic.com

MAR
audio school graduate

Post by MAR » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:06 pm

Damn!! $250 for a cabinet for a $200 amp....sounds like a good deal.

daede
takin' a dinner break

Post by daede » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:39 pm

MAR wrote:Damn!! $250 for a cabinet for a $200 amp....sounds like a good deal.
Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense, I suppose.

How else are you gonna get a 12" speaker in there? Yeah, you could buy an extension cabinet, but that would probably cost you near as much, and if you were to gig with it, it wouldn't be nearly as portable.

So sure, I enjoy your sarcasm. But I found it to be a worthwhile upgrade, and I know for a fact I'm not the only guy in the world to have done it.

PS- Thanks for the bump.
"There's nothing noble in being better than your fellow man. True nobility comes from being better than your former self." Or something like that.

www.dreamachinemusic.com

jvanslem
gettin' sounds

Post by jvanslem » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm

Looks like someone passed 3rd grade math, but failed Gear-onomics.

$250 for a CUSTOM cabinet IS actually a good deal.
Besides circuit design, guitar amps are all about materials and components. You can upgrade a humble amp with simple mods and descisions like cabinets and speakers.

gravy boat
takin' a dinner break

Post by gravy boat » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:42 pm

daede wrote:
Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense, I suppose.

How else are you gonna get a 12" speaker in there? Yeah, you could buy an extension cabinet, but that would probably cost you near as much, and if you were to gig with it, it wouldn't be nearly as portable.

So sure, I enjoy your sarcasm. But I found it to be a worthwhile upgrade, and I know for a fact I'm not the only guy in the world to have done it.

PS- Thanks for the bump.
I did the same thing and had mine covered in faux tooled "cowboy" leather. The upgrade makes a HUGE difference. Solid pine makes a world of difference as does a Celestion G12H. Still cheaper than a comparable Top Hat, Dr Z, etc.
I'm a drinking man with a guitar problem.