Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:01 pm

trodden wrote:
Red Rockets Glare wrote:
trodden wrote:
Red Rockets Glare wrote:I like my microkorg a lot, and we all discussed this topic about a month ago UTSF.
you mean UTFSF!!!!

as a Los Angeles TOMB member, I'm doing everything I can to prove that non-assholes live and work here trodden, so I mean UTSF, baby.

have a nice day. :wink:
that shit don't play homie.
CLASSIC TOMB!!

i have a red sound darkstar. it sucks, avoid it. cheap modeling synth. same with those electribes. crap.

i also have a roland sh-101 which is cool, true analog, but of course recall-ability is less with that. and i have a korg poly-61 which noone ever really talks about, true analog, polyphonic, but digital controls so you can save all your presets. 64 patches i think. those have to be going for dirt cheap. no midi on the 101 but some poly 61s have midi - they weren't stock, but you could add it on after the fact.

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:11 pm

I'm not a parade rain-onner. It's not what I do. But if you're looking to set up and play instantly with a band, have something relatively hassle free, versatile and reliable, that sounds good and is light to carry around, I would consider the Micron or MicroKorg before I went with a boutique offering.
"I have always tried to present myself as the type of person who enjoys watching dudes fight other dudes with iron claws."

r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:16 pm

well..
yep and the MicroKorg is BATTERY POWERED!!!

that's some shit..

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:43 pm

AstroDan wrote:I'm not a parade rain-onner. It's not what I do. But if you're looking to set up and play instantly with a band, have something relatively hassle free, versatile and reliable, that sounds good and is light to carry around, I would consider the Micron or MicroKorg before I went with a boutique offering.
very true and good observation. this is why i used the darkstar in real life gigging shit, and the other ones only get used for overdubs and stuff. they sound better, but are totally impractical.

eeldip
dead but not forgotten

Post by eeldip » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:56 pm

the sh-32 i dont find particulary impressive, but its not terrible. i use mine for gigging... sounds OK.

korg poly 61 and my matrix get used a lot more for recordings... although of course they are noisy and hummy and everything you expect for a 20 someodd year old synth thats been gigged with for a while.

matrix. though. matrix. love the sound of a matrix.

jmligt
alignin' 24-trk

casio cz-1000

Post by jmligt » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:44 pm

I've seen some people mention the casio cz-1000 in this thread. I have one I'm looking to sell. I'll let it go for $100+shipping... It's a cool synth that works great. I'm moving soon and already own a micron and an emu pk-6 so I need to thin down the lineup.... inbox me if you're interested...