FS: My Acid Reflux

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

FS: My Acid Reflux

Post by Russian Recording » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:16 pm

I don't need it anymore. In fact, it's driving me crazy. I will cover shipping, paypal fees whatever, I just want to get rid of it. best offer

mkie,

yardleyone
steve albini likes it

Post by yardleyone » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:24 pm

selling bad acid is trubble mike.
all the bad leaves fall on cake for heaven's sake

MajorEverettMiller
ass engineer

Post by MajorEverettMiller » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:49 pm

Would you consider any trades? I have horrible gas if you're interested...

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:08 am

MajorEverettMiller wrote:Would you consider any trades? I have horrible gas if you're interested...
i've got both. buy one, get the second half off!!!
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

idylldon
pushin' record

Re: FS: My Acid Reflux

Post by idylldon » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:29 am

Russian Recording wrote:I don't need it anymore. In fact, it's driving me crazy. I will cover shipping, paypal fees whatever, I just want to get rid of it. best offer
mkie,
As one who has suffered from it for over a year, I can sympathize. Mine has been under control for most of that time, though, by using Prevacid or Nexium once a day. Recently, I went in for an endoscopy to make sure my esophagus wasn't getting destroyed. There's a precancerous condition called Barrett's Esophagus that I definitely want to avoid.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/956611848.html

Anyone who has a continual problem with reflux should consult an gastroenterologist to see if he or she needs to have an endoscopy to make sure things aren't deteriorating rapidly in the lower esophagus.

They took some samples to biopsy and discovered that I had an H. Pylori bacterial infection in my stomach. This bacteria is believed to be the most common infection in the world, and it has been linked to ulcer formation. After being on a two-week specialized treatment regime for the infection, I am now off of all reflux meds for two weeks to prepare for a restesting for the bacteria. So far, I haven't had any reflux symptoms return, though I'm not sure it'll stay that way. Once the two weeks is over, I go in for a specific breath test to make sure the H. Pylori is gone. If my symptoms stay gone, my guess is that the infection was surely contributing to the reflux problem. It'd be great if that were the case, but if not I'll just go back on Prevacid or Nexium to keep the reflux under control, which will also help esophageal health.

Sorry to be so heavy in my response, but it sounds as though you have it bad and it's nothing to mess around with. There are some serious complications if you let it go untreated. There is a Franz Kafka story called "The Hunger Artist," which is the last story he wrote. He wrote it while dying of tuberculosis of the throat. Obviously, not a pleasant way to go, and I can imagine having serious esophageal problems wouldn't be pretty as well.

Have you gone to a doctor? If not, you need to so he can get your symptoms under control.

Cheers,
--
Don

weatherbox
re-cappin' neve

Post by weatherbox » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:02 am

pics?

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:13 pm

idylldon wrote:
Russian Recording wrote:I don't need it anymore. In fact, it's driving me crazy. I will cover shipping, paypal fees whatever, I just want to get rid of it. best offer
mkie,
As one who has suffered from it for over a year, I can sympathize. Mine has been under control for most of that time, though, by using Prevacid or Nexium once a day. Recently, I went in for an endoscopy to make sure my esophagus wasn't getting destroyed. There's a precancerous condition called Barrett's Esophagus that I definitely want to avoid.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/956611848.html

Anyone who has a continual problem with reflux should consult an gastroenterologist to see if he or she needs to have an endoscopy to make sure things aren't deteriorating rapidly in the lower esophagus.

They took some samples to biopsy and discovered that I had an H. Pylori bacterial infection in my stomach. This bacteria is believed to be the most common infection in the world, and it has been linked to ulcer formation. After being on a two-week specialized treatment regime for the infection, I am now off of all reflux meds for two weeks to prepare for a restesting for the bacteria. So far, I haven't had any reflux symptoms return, though I'm not sure it'll stay that way. Once the two weeks is over, I go in for a specific breath test to make sure the H. Pylori is gone. If my symptoms stay gone, my guess is that the infection was surely contributing to the reflux problem. It'd be great if that were the case, but if not I'll just go back on Prevacid or Nexium to keep the reflux under control, which will also help esophageal health.

Sorry to be so heavy in my response, but it sounds as though you have it bad and it's nothing to mess around with. There are some serious complications if you let it go untreated. There is a Franz Kafka story called "The Hunger Artist," which is the last story he wrote. He wrote it while dying of tuberculosis of the throat. Obviously, not a pleasant way to go, and I can imagine having serious esophageal problems wouldn't be pretty as well.

Have you gone to a doctor? If not, you need to so he can get your symptoms under control.

Cheers,
--
Don
hey, thanks for the post. this has really motivated me to go to the doctor. it's really bad. I mean sometimes to the point of getting dizzy. thank you!

idylldon
pushin' record

Post by idylldon » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:22 pm

Russian Recording wrote: hey, thanks for the post. this has really motivated me to go to the doctor. it's really bad. I mean sometimes to the point of getting dizzy. thank you!
You're welcome, and here's an update for you. When I finished the antibiotic therapy, I was told not to take any meds for the reflux for two weeks so I can go in and get retested for the bacteria. I go in next Monday for the test, but here's the interesting thing: When I was told I was going to stay off the reflux meds for two weeks I was thinking that the symptoms would come roaring back and it would be a miserable two weeks for me. I'm happy to report that I haven't had ONE episode of reflux since I've been off the meds. Not one. While I haven't spoken to the doctor yet, my guess is that this H. Pylori infection was quite possibly the cause of, or at least a major contributing factor to, my reflux problem. I'm anxious to hear the doc's take on it.

Another little story. My neighbor has a neice that was sick with stomach problems for almost six months when she was a teenager. She had no energy, upset stomach all the time, and just a general feeling of malaise. She finally went to a doc who diagnosed H. Pylori and she did the treatment. Since that time, which is a decade ago now, she's been symptom free and feels great. I also have been feeling much better since, hopefully, getting rid of this bacterial invasion. When your body is fighting a constant, low-level infection like this, it can really drag you down after a time.

This is a nasty bug and is the most common infection in the world. Like many bacterial infections, if can affect different folks in different ways, and some folks never develop symptoms even though they have the infection. This bug has been related to everything from chronic fatique syndrome to stomach ulcers to heart disease.

I guess I'm just saying that I think you'll find some relief once you get a good diagnosis and treatment.

Good luck!

Cheers,
--
Don

Jerry_Pbury
audio school graduate

Stop drinking coffee!

Post by Jerry_Pbury » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:31 am

My acid reflux went away as soon as I quit drinking coffee. If you need caffeine drink tea. It's the oil in the coffee that contributed to my acid reflux. I eat lot's of spicy food and still do not have a problem anymore.

Jerry

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Re: Stop drinking coffee!

Post by Recycled_Brains » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Jerry_Pbury wrote:My acid reflux went away as soon as I quit drinking coffee. If you need caffeine drink tea. It's the oil in the coffee that contributed to my acid reflux. I eat lot's of spicy food and still do not have a problem anymore.

Jerry
same for me. while i still get it occassionally, it's not nearly as frequent since i stopped drinking coffee and dark sodas (coke, pepsi, etc.).

also, quitting smoking cigarettes (or DRASTICALLY cutting down on them....sometimes i cheat) made a difference as well.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

mpedrummer
steve albini likes it

Post by mpedrummer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 am

Ugh - I had to rush my wife to the ER earlier this week - esophagal reflux caused irritation that was pinching her vegas nerve - painful, painful stuff.

I'm glad I don't have it, but damn, I wish she didn't either.