M-Audio M-Tron on Macbook

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Mzkguy
alignin' 24-trk

M-Audio M-Tron on Macbook

Post by Mzkguy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:31 pm

I'm running PT LE 7.1 on a black Macbook (new mactel dual core yada yada). I loaded the M-Tron on the Mac and tried to fire it up in PT but it's not working. I see the app in the plug ins file but there's no plug in icon next to it (looks more like an RTAS icon but sort of grey'd out). I'm guessing that it's not compatible with 7.1 yet, but will be. Any thoughts out there?
Mzkguy

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:36 pm

I'm running it with 7.1. Install it as RTAS, VST & Standalone and you should be fine.

logancircle
tinnitus

gjnh

Post by logancircle » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:49 pm

I had the same problem, I called them and they said even though you're using it as RTAS, you have to install the VST version too, as it acts as a wrapper. Then it'll work and you'll have some fun.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Studio and Field Recorder in NYC.
I like dirt.
IG: stormydanielson

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

jmele2
pluggin' in mics

Re: M-Audio M-Tron on Macbook

Post by jmele2 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Mzkguy wrote:I'm running PT LE 7.1 on a black Macbook (new mactel dual core yada yada). I loaded the M-Tron on the Mac and tried to fire it up in PT but it's not working. I see the app in the plug ins file but there's no plug in icon next to it (looks more like an RTAS icon but sort of grey'd out). I'm guessing that it's not compatible with 7.1 yet, but will be. Any thoughts out there?
If you're running it on an Intel Mac, you'll need the Universal Binary version. I believe that the M-tron UB has not been released, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

J

phillehmann
audio school

M-tron on intel mac

Post by phillehmann » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:54 pm

I also would like to be proven wrong that the m-tron has a universal binary, but I don't think that it has, or I would be using it.

But that is why its not showing up in protools.
Phil Lehmann
Hipjoint Productions
Producer/Engineer