Songs you love that are just plain embarassing

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Garthplinko
gettin' sounds

Post by Garthplinko » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:17 pm

Also: Wham! Rap '85 is the only rap song that should have ever existed - all others pale to this epic masterpiece. (I don't know if this one counts since I like this song for the wrong reasons.)
"Just because you don't like it don't mean it ain't no good."

vibrationlander
alignin' 24-trk

Post by vibrationlander » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:55 am

whilst in the closet, i listen to Chicago's greatest hits.
especially Cetera-less vocals.

vibrationlander
alignin' 24-trk

Post by vibrationlander » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:06 am

i nearly forgot to mention DuranDuran. shit i love that Rio album -- even though it's a hidden, unrequited love. :cry:

dpiper
pluggin' in mics

Not-so-guilty pleasures

Post by dpiper » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:32 am

"A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton - I think the orchestra and the vocal sound great, and it is big, epic, grand, and adolescent in the way that good pop music should be.

"Lady Marmalade" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. Christina can sing.

"Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake. I really dig the break-down.

PIJN
audio school

Post by PIJN » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:01 pm

" Its not unusual"

Dont have the pants though, anymore...HAR!!

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:09 am

This thread has about as much relevance to recording techniques as my fat jacksey. Which is actually not fat at all but that's beside the point. And don't think I'm being big headed either. My arse is the only not fat part of me, which makes for a strange physique but there you go. Men's arses are often quite small, even when they get beer guts and all the rest of it. Fucking gross really.

Anyway, fuck that. My point is simply that this thread reminds me of when the message board was good. When there was a General forum and stuff like this was in the same forum as cheap LDCs, boffin mod crap and all other manner of rubbish. Wow - it was really fun back then. What a pile of shit it all is these days, in comparison. Soulless rubbish.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

jziggy314
ass engineer

Post by jziggy314 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:56 am

Damn! Who pissed in his cheerios?

Anyhow. Extreme - More Than Words
... it all starts with a song ...

i am monster face
buyin' gear

Post by i am monster face » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:30 am

Jeez...
"Maneater" by Nelly Furtado
"Toxic" by Britney Spears
"Why Pt. 2" Collective Soul
Japanese heavy metal (B'z, Glay). I don't know why that embarassing, but it kind of is.

Ian

jaguarsg
pushin' record

Post by jaguarsg » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:17 pm

currently: Touch Myself - Divinyls

AudioHog
alignin' 24-trk

Post by AudioHog » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:23 pm

very witty indeed

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:38 pm

bobbydj wrote:This thread has about as much relevance to recording techniques as my fat jacksey. Which is actually not fat at all but that's beside the point. And don't think I'm being big headed either. My arse is the only not fat part of me, which makes for a strange physique but there you go. Men's arses are often quite small, even when they get beer guts and all the rest of it. Fucking gross really.

Anyway, fuck that. My point is simply that this thread reminds me of when the message board was good. When there was a General forum and stuff like this was in the same forum as cheap LDCs, boffin mod crap and all other manner of rubbish. Wow - it was really fun back then. What a pile of shit it all is these days, in comparison. Soulless rubbish.
And what is it that you are doing to try to make is better?

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:16 am

bobbydj wrote:
jziggy314 wrote:Damn! Who pissed in his cheerios?
--answer deleted by Drumsound---

Go figure.
This was my post a few above, prior to deletion by drumsound or whoever. Nice work, btw. WELL DONE.

Now - let's see if I can answer the question posed - in funky red lettering(!!) - by drumsound. I'm being critical. Oops - what a mistake *that* was. The moderators no likey criticism. Make mods angry - RAAAHHHH!! MODS DELETE YOU!! YOU NO MAKE BAD WORDS OF MOMS OR FORUM CHANGES!! MODS GO CRAZY - MAKE VANISH ALL POSTS!!

Or else check my last 10 posts - you'll see what I'm doing. what I'm doing is what I've always done to make this place better. Which is exactly the same as what everyone else who posts here does to make it better. They *post* here. I know this must be hard for you to grasp.

Meantime, you answer a question of mine. What is this thread doing in this forum, hmm? Oh yeah I forgot. There IS no relevant forum for a thread like this now, is there? And yet it proves very popular, doesn't it (hint - you can tell by the number of pages).

Deleting my post was insanely heavy-handed, btw. Way, way over the top.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 am

The post is on this board because the originator put it here. You'll have to ask that person why they chose this board. People have reacted and it has grown.

As far as you adding to the board, most posts I've seen you make are griping about something not really adding to a topic. Hence my question.

To speak to the deletion of your rude answer referring to another poster's family I deleted it and I'd do it again. We're trying to have a helpful community here, and frankly that shit don't help.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:43 am

i would just like to say that in all my years of reading posts on the internet, i have laughed at more of bobbydj's than anyone else's.

and i for one find laughter very helpful.

does anyone really not agree with bobby's criticism that the board is way less fun now than it was back in the general/off topic days?

[robert plant]doesn't anybody remember laughter?[/robert plant]

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:05 am

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:i would just like to say that in all my years of reading posts on the internet, i have laughed at more of bobbydj's than anyone else's.

and i for one find laughter very helpful.

does anyone really not agree with bobby's criticism that the board is way less fun now than it was back in the general/off topic days?

[robert plant]doesn't anybody remember laughter?[/robert plant]
I think the board is, more than anything, leaner than what it used to be. The most obvious part there being the current lack of an off-topic forum, which of course is more than admirably being replaced by the other great forum, which does a far better job of being "off-topic" (as well as including useful discussion about recording) than the old TOMB off-topic ever did. Sure, it's a more partitioned community now, but that's fine by me and I think it makes the current TOMB a more efficient site.

That said, I'm still thinking up a response to Bobby's last post in our postmodernism thread of 3 years ago from off-topic. I'll get you yet, Mr. dj.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Yes, TOMB is a changed site, but I don't think it's a necessarily bad thing. Sure, there used to be more casual discussion, but I also remember a great deal more sniping and bullshit posts, if memory serves.