Realisitic/Radioshack EQ

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

nopenopenope
gettin' sounds

Realisitic/Radioshack EQ

Post by nopenopenope » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:01 pm

I was reading through that great budget mic pre thread with all the comparisons. (Great thread, I learned a lot). And a few members were mentioning this Realistic/Radioshack EQ that needs some simple mods. My question is this: does anyone know the model number? there's a slew of different EQs... can anyone throw me a bone here?

thanks.

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Post by DryCounty » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:08 pm

Uh oh, dare we open this thread again?

I think this might be the elusive "black 5-band EQ" that has been all the rage of the following 14+ pages:

http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=31016

like the sign said, "abandon all hope ye who enter here...."
"I would imagine that the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fucking clean." -Hedberg
-----
Tulsa Drone
Dry County Records ? Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty

OM15.2
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by OM15.2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:28 pm

there was a RSEQ beta plugin version that was available a few months ago, I think it's been pulled pending a proper release cause i can't find a link anymore...

Yeah yeah i know plugin?? wtf? but seriously this was the best in the box EQ i've played with and definately has the character of the modded RSEQ.

nestle
re-cappin' neve

Post by nestle » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:04 pm

not again

YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

Post by YOUR KONG » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:58 pm

OM15.2 wrote:there was a RSEQ beta plugin version that was available a few months ago, I think it's been pulled pending a proper release cause i can't find a link anymore...
pm'd you.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:45 pm

OM15.2 wrote:there was a RSEQ beta plugin version that was available a few months ago, I think it's been pulled pending a proper release cause i can't find a link anymore...

Yeah yeah i know plugin?? wtf? but seriously this was the best in the box EQ i've played with and definately has the character of the modded RSEQ.
I'm sure it's probably available at some of the err, less savory parts of the net.

But seriously don't bother - as I understand it, the plugin sounds like crap, and nothing like the hardware does: the kind of software emulation that gives soft plugins a bad name. It's just an attempt to cash in on the name. Lame.

nopenopenope
gettin' sounds

Post by nopenopenope » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:48 pm

after reading the lengthy 14 page thread, i regret beginning this one. my apologies.

pretty funny thread though.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:48 pm

OM15.2 wrote:Yeah yeah i know plugin?? wtf? but seriously this was the best in the box EQ i've played with and definately has the character of the modded RSEQ.
>egg on my face<

Maybe I should read an entire post before responding to it. :oops:

Ok, so you might like it. I've made my opinion clear already :> Please don't take offense - I'm not dissing your ears. I was just saying that I don't like it.

:)

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:55 pm

once you use it and hear it you will want one of your own.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

OM15.2
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by OM15.2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 pm

Mr. Dipity wrote:

I'm sure it's probably available at some of the err, less savory parts of the net.

But seriously don't bother - as I understand it, the plugin sounds like crap
as you understand it?? AS YOU UNDERSTAND IT???

which obviously means you haven't USED it or HEARD it and you're just another one of the keep it a big secret cliche.

Seriously i like what I've seen you post before... some helpful stuff, i was actually gonna pm you some raunchy photos of my mom that i know you'd get a kick out of, but now you've just pissed all over that!

wait what?

yo, anyway anyone who want the real low down on the hardware or software RSEQ pm me and I'll fill you in. Don't listen to these no nothing jerks that take these threads off-topic. Their sole purpose is to promote the myth and hide the FACTS about these awesome units.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:26 pm

OM15.2 wrote: as you understand it?? AS YOU UNDERSTAND IT???
Chill out dude. I can't tell if you are joking or serious.
which obviously means you haven't USED it or HEARD it and you're just another one of the keep it a big secret cliche.
Look: There is a great deal of gear discussed on this board and the others that most of us, myself included, will >never< get to use. Most of it is well beyond the price range that I can afford, and I know I'm not the only one here. So, how exactly how does that make me wrong?

I'm just trying to get a hold of what is apparently a well regarded peice of gear, and at a price that would be able to swallow. I'm not going to be in the position to spend $3,000 on an eq any time soon, and I don't see why the fact that you would makes you a better person.

Regarding the plugin - I know that you are not discussing the original emulation, which I have seen, but was never finished, and I'm simply relating other's experiences here for your benefit. I don't have the time to track down every last reference for every conversation that I read on the net, and I don't see where you get off telling me I shouldn't pass on what knowledge I do have to others here.
yo, anyway anyone who want the real low down on the hardware or software RSEQ pm me and I'll fill you in. Don't listen to these no nothing jerks that take these threads off-topic. Their sole purpose is to promote the myth and hide the FACTS about these awesome units.
I'm going to PM you now. Get this little spat offline :wink:

Friends?

nestle
re-cappin' neve

Post by nestle » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:36 pm

"$3,000 on an eq any time soon"

for a radio shack EQ? now I know it's a hoax

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:59 am

nestle wrote:"$3,000 on an eq any time soon"

for a radio shack EQ? now I know it's a hoax
now you know how i feel about Altec gear. :D
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

blakbeltjonez
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by blakbeltjonez » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:11 pm

i dunno about any blackface Rat Shack EQ, but there's an older model that's definitely inductor - based.