FS wurlitzer electric piano $600

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

jc_terrones
gettin' sounds

Post by jc_terrones » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:03 am

I've probably clocked just under 10 minutes on this whole spiel and I apologize if it includes my strong disdain for folks who think they have something "vintage" and sell it for 5x what it's worth without doing their homework.

IMHO, leave that to eBay, not to a community like TapeOp Buy/Sell/Trade forum. People usually seem to price shit pretty fair on this forum and I think that's amazingly awesome.

fazeka
steve albini likes it

Post by fazeka » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:10 pm

jc_terrones wrote:I apologize if it includes my strong disdain for folks who think they have something "vintage" and sell it for 5x what it's worth without doing their homework.
Sell it for 5x what it's worth? :roll: I don't think he even sold it before you jumped on his ass.

Oh, and um, well, you talk about the buyer doing their homework, but don't you think it goes the other way too? I mean, there's a little thing called caveat emptor, maybe you've heard about it? :roll: Why is it that the buyer is seemingly always exempt from doing their homework?

Oh, one more thing. Those auctions you posted to try to present your "case": you gotta be kidding me, right? :shock: Amongst those that you've posted, only 1 was completed. How do you know where the others are going to end up closing at? Do you have some kind of crystal ball?

Go bark up some other tree. Get a freakin' LIFE.

Sound-Design-Live
audio school graduate

wurlitzer alternative??

Post by Sound-Design-Live » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:05 pm

I love the sound/look/feel of the vintage wurly. Is there a mondern day version of this? I've looked around for new electric pianos, but everything is just crap digital pianos. Nothing mechanical going on. And if there is no answer to that question, is there a european version of the wurly? You can find electric pianos all over Ebay in the US, but few in Europe, and none in Portugal.
Thanks!

jayro_rockola
takin' a dinner break

Post by jayro_rockola » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:04 pm

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:09 pm

jayro_rockola wrote:Inflated price?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/235185126.html
I believe that's for an acoustic piano...

jayro_rockola
takin' a dinner break

Post by jayro_rockola » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:23 am

oh yeah.... :oops:

silvertonejones
alignin' 24-trk

Stop the madness!

Post by silvertonejones » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:54 pm

Aw hell, the guy has a right to ask what he wants for that Wurly..YOU also have the right NOT to want to buy it..Nuff said right? Shoot, they all play differently too,so to get one on Ebay is a gamble..I have two,and got my second a few months ago on the Connecticut Craigslist for 200 bucks..It turned out to be a rare,but butt ugly Olive green 200A...I got it from an old guy who wondered why i wanted it so badly!..Keep looking and you can find them...Shit i also found an ARP String Ensemble in a shed in upstate New York..A little rough looking but works like a champ!

www.myspace.com/dirtfloorstudio

www.myspace.com/ericlichter
eric lichter

stereobongos
alignin' 24-trk

Post by stereobongos » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:03 am

Your links lead to 200A's that sold for far more than what you say is a fair price. I live in NYC, where any 200A you see in a shop will be $1050 or higher. It's all relative...

Dmitry Kichenko
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Dmitry Kichenko » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:50 am

Yeah, if you go through your own links again you'll see that only the olive green Wurli is actually the one that sold for cheap - all the others sold at over $800. I've watched and bidded on a few, and they all skyrocketed up at the very last minute. No idea why!