Manley 16x2 Mixer, Otari RADAR, Yamaha KX88 Controller, FSFT

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Unbound
ass engineer

Manley 16x2 Mixer, Otari RADAR, Yamaha KX88 Controller, FSFT

Post by Unbound » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:14 pm

Consolidating so I can travel this summer. Otherwise I'll just throw it in storage, since I still use all this stuff.

Manley 16x2 Tube Microphone Mixer : EBAY

16 mic preamps, 16 direct outs, valves on the stereo output. Probably a candidate for one of the best sounding mixing consoles (desks, boards, rackmount units) ever made? Made by hand in the United States.

More info: http://www.manleylabs.com/containerpages/16_299.html

Otari RADAR 24 Track Harddisk Recorder : SOLD
24 channels of recording. Possibly the best harddisk machine ever made? 16-bit 48k. Built like a tank. Comes with a keyboard that works as a controller. Sounds pretty much amazing. I could go in to how the HD24, MX2424, and all those other harddisk machines don't come close, but I won't:)

Mire info: http://www.izcorp.com/mainframe.asp

Yamaha KX88 88 Key Stage Piano Controller : $400

88 fully weighted keys. Maybe one of the best ever built keyboards. Heavy. Full performance. It's a MIDI controller, no sounds. Hook it up to your laptop like I did, or buy a sound module for it. Those plastic M-Audio controllers, and korg controllers are NOTHING like this controller. Actually made back when people cared about making things that wouldn't break in 3 years. This keyboard is probably pushing 20 years old, I say that with a sense of pride. I've used it with Sibelius, Finale, Logic Pro and a lot of the Native Instruments stuff. Plug and play.

More info: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Con ... P=,00.html

Fostex E22 1/2" Tape Machine : $1000

OK, I may not sell this, only because it's sitting in the box, practically new, with only about 20 hours of use on the heads. OK, maybe 10 hours of use. Sounds incredible. Definitely gonna regret selling it if I get the mastering studio off the ground at some point. 15 ips and 30 ips. Heavy built like a tank. If you're doing a lot of mastering or mixing down, and you want that full range of audio that only tape (ok, maybe DSD as well) can give you, this is probably your machine.

More info: Google it, check the forum, lots of mastering studios have these pups.

Thanks!
Aaron

(gear is located in Brooklyn)

PS- I am willing to trade! Quick list- apartment or recording space in new york city/ north new jersey area, camper van, top of the line digital console, all-grain homebrewing system, digital SLR camera, neumann/telefunken/schoeps/etc tube mics, anything else you have to offer.
Last edited by Unbound on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jon hunter
audio school graduate

Post by jon hunter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 pm

Hey I'm very interested in the Otari Radar

which version is it 1 or 2?

would you ship it to Sydney Australia
If so how much would it cost my Post Code is 2151

Thanks

Jon

nlmd311
tinnitus

Post by nlmd311 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:56 pm

PM sent.

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

Noaht
pluggin' in mics

Post by Noaht » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Pm'd on the radar

Unbound
ass engineer

Post by Unbound » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:43 am

RADAR sold.

Unbound
ass engineer

Post by Unbound » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:58 am

The Manley Mixer is now up on eBay.