2007!!!!

archival forum of past Tape Op Conferences

Moderator: TapeOpCraig

supersockmonkey
gimme a little kick & snare

2007!!!!

Post by supersockmonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:04 am

Well 2006 has been a crap year (for me at least). I am new to tapeop and I am very excited about this years TapeOpCon and can?t wait to sign up. Looking forward to meeting allot of you that I hear from on the forums and to learn a butt load of stuff. I?m really happy about the venue as well since its not too far for me hahaha sorry for the rest of you that have to travel but I?m sure it will be worth it 10 fold if its anything like I imagine it to be. Anyways ill stop rambling and want to thank you all for putting together a great mag, site & community for us nerds to gather.

Cheers & hope to see you all there!!!!
*Ryan*
My Music: www.myspace.com/wearethepacific In crystal clear MP3 format

Jupiter4Jackie
audio school graduate

Post by Jupiter4Jackie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:23 am

Ditto, thank you TapeOp for all your hard work. See you there...
"...he reaches for the pen, but the Lackey says "Actually, I think you need a little more development." Swim again, please. Backstroke. And he does of course."
- Steve Albini, The Problem With Music

theshaggyfreak
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by theshaggyfreak » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:43 am

Wish I could go this year. :(
With us buying a house and all, I don't think I'll be able to afford to make it down there.

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:53 am

Same with me - a move and a new job on the horizon, so I'll once again put TapeOpCon in the "next year I'll do it" bin.

bradfromtampa
gettin' sounds

Post by bradfromtampa » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:05 am

If you can save your pennies for it, I highly recommend going. I've been to the past 4 and have come back inspired everytime. I will say the accomodations in Tucson blew away the other hotels. I brought my fiance with me last year and she loved the El Conquistador (sp?). Go if you can, you won't regret it...

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:32 am

theshaggyfreak wrote:Wish I could go this year. :(
With us buying a house and all, I don't think I'll be able to afford to make it down there.
That was me in '06 - new house, and new studio just opening... and a baby on the way. I'm going this year. :)
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 pm

Mark Alan Miller wrote:
That was me in '06 - new house, and new studio just opening... and a baby on the way. I'm going this year. :)
We missed you last year Mark. Let''s be sure to hang out again.

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:12 am

drumsound wrote:
Mark Alan Miller wrote:
Shucks! Make me blush. And yes, let's. I will count on you, perhaps, to let me in on the good evening dinner pre-music places? Where was good to go for a nosh before the later evenings' tunes and all that? You can tell me when you see me there. ;)

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Mark Alan Miller wrote:
drumsound wrote:
Mark Alan Miller wrote:
Shucks! Make me blush. And yes, let's. I will count on you, perhaps, to let me in on the good evening dinner pre-music places? Where was good to go for a nosh before the later evenings' tunes and all that? You can tell me when you see me there. ;)
Keep Saturday of the Con open...

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 am

drumsound wrote:
Mark Alan Miller wrote:
drumsound wrote:
Mark Alan Miller wrote:
Keep Saturday of the Con open...
All-right!

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Mark Alan Miller wrote:
drumsound wrote:Keep Saturday of the Con open...
All-right!
Yeah, Mark! You get to become part of the Saturday night tradition!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:05 pm

theshaggyfreak wrote:With us buying a house and all, I don't think I'll be able to afford to make it down there.
That's no excuse. We're buying a house, too, but I'm still going!
mjau wrote:Same with me - a move and a new job on the horizon, so I'll once again put TapeOpCon in the "next year I'll do it" bin.
Hey Scott, leaving Bloomington or just moving within town? We'll miss you at the conference.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:30 pm

cgarges wrote:Hey Scott, leaving Bloomington or just moving within town? We'll miss you at the conference.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Leaving town...it's part of my evil plan to steal all of Tony's audio secrets and pawn them off as my own in some faraway land - that land being Ithaca, NY, where I'll soon call home.
But...dammit all, TapeOpCon 2008, I WILL be there.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:10 pm

damn, is Ithaca the new Portland? :lol:
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

TapeOpAl
TapeOp Family
TapeOp Family

Post by TapeOpAl » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:00 am

I'm going to be coming for the first time this year and I'm bringing my girlfriend Nadia - I hope she doesn't get too bored - we're trying to make a little bit of a holiday out of it. Look forward to meeting you all soon!