Stereo Ribbon Group Buy Ending Soon!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

bap
takin' a dinner break

Post by bap » Fri May 18, 2007 11:55 am

It's about time to request everyone who is not already in to consider participating in the deal. The numbers are close to doable but we need a few more takers. Please help - you will have a nice mic if you do.

Afraid of ribbon mics? No need to be, they're great...

Afraid Victor is a con? Highly unlikely.....

No money? That can really be a problem, but then again, sometimes it's worth taking a great deal when it becomes available to you because the deal won't always be there when you do have the cash.

If you think you might like to own a good mic for less than half price here is your chance. Take it!

I do a lot of stereo micing but always have to configure 2 separate mics. Owning a single stereo mic is a dream come true.
'Oh... no... it wasn't the airplane...it was beauty that killed the beast.'

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri May 18, 2007 12:04 pm

word, i'm stoked on having a stereo mic. never used one before... looking forward to trying this as drum OH and not having to fuck around the cheap stereo bar i have (higher quality stereo bar is on the list).

I can't really afford this right now, but am getting one anyhow since it is a good deal. And if I have to, i'm still going to get a second one to help out even though i CAN"T afford it and WILL have to sell it on ebay for more than what bought it for... yep.

come on dingi!!!

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Sat May 19, 2007 12:20 pm

so how's it lookin'? are there enough people?

theonlymagicalpig
ass engineer

Post by theonlymagicalpig » Sat May 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Hello everyone!

I've got great news for you. 63 microphones have been paid so far but I "theonlymagicalpig", Michael Minemma "Clazmus" from the Netherlands and Ma?l Nesti "Ma?l" from France have decided to buy the 28 microphones missing we need to order from the Chinese manufacturer.

The idea around it is that we'll be sort of pre-financing the microphones. We hope to sell them back to late group buy catchers before they actually arrive home. It's just an investment/risk and community effort we're putting into the group buy.

The condition to doing that we agreed on is that we'll increase the price a little to cover our effort, the risk and the money we will put into the project. YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO GET YOURSELF A STEREO RIBBON MICROPHONE FOR 198$ OR TWO OR MORE FOR 184$ EACH UNTIL SUNDAY MAY 20TH 10:00 P.M GMT GREENWICH TIME...

After this term, microphones will be 235$ each and until we actually receive them (more or less two months from now). If we can't sell the mics before we receive them we'll re-sell them 300$ each. We thought about those margins as reasonable gain considering the investment. I want to emphasize that the spirit behind this is to allow the group buy to become a reality not to make a profit out of it and the best solution would be that people wake up and we get those 28 payments by tomorrow.

SO PEOPLE GET YOURSELF A NICE STEREO RIBBON MICROPHONE!! There are lots of you on the wish list who have not paid or forgot to re-send their payment. It's now or never!

Victor.
"Always Pig"

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Sat May 19, 2007 5:54 pm

That's awesome. I'll try to get some money in the next month or so and jump in anyway :twisted:

qball
pushin' record

Post by qball » Sun May 20, 2007 5:32 am

theonlymagicalpig wrote:... microphones will be 235$ each and until we actually receive them (more or less two months from now). If we can't sell the mics before we receive them we'll re-sell them 300$ each. We thought about those margins as reasonable gain considering the investment. I want to emphasize that the spirit behind this is to allow the group buy to become a reality not to make a profit out of it and the best solution would be that people wake up and we get those 28 payments by tomorrow.
Victor.
Hats off to you guys! As I stated before (either here or the other forum), I would have done this sort of thing if I had the finances to do it. I probably would have re-sold them for a little more than $300 each though. Your return vs amount of effort put into this whole thing is very minimal. Thanks for your dedication!

Come on people, you won't get these mics for free, but they're LESS THAN HALF PRICE!
I think women should leave the toilet seat UP!!!

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 am

I just sent in payment for one (1) mic. I originally signed up for 2, but I can really only afford one at this time. But at least that's one less that Victor et al have to pay for.

Is this okay Victor?
www.organissimo.org
organissimo - Dedicated (new CD)
"This shitty room is making your next hit record, bitch!"

theonlymagicalpig
ass engineer

Post by theonlymagicalpig » Sun May 20, 2007 11:31 am

Yep, no problem. That makes 71 paid microphones!

Victor.
"Always Pig"

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Sun May 20, 2007 1:13 pm

Made a last minute payment on the microphone using my mom's paypal, I think its in time so that makes 72 mics sold. Only 20 microphones left!

bitsyras
pluggin' in mics

Post by bitsyras » Sun May 20, 2007 1:19 pm

I just dove in for 1 mic. Couldn't pass it up.

Now...what to tell my wife....

-m

theonlymagicalpig
ass engineer

Post by theonlymagicalpig » Sun May 20, 2007 4:43 pm

74 mics have been paid so far... Thanks guys!!
Victor.
"Always Pig"

konabuzz
takin' a dinner break

Post by konabuzz » Sun May 20, 2007 6:43 pm

It's 8:45 local Central time.....too late for the deal?
"Jigsaw Jazz and the Get Fresh Flow"

http://www.youtube.com/user/simpletech?feature=mhee

WillMorgan
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by WillMorgan » Sun May 20, 2007 7:12 pm

Yay Group Buy is On, thanks y'all!!
bitsyras wrote:I just dove in for 1 mic. Couldn't pass it up.

Now...what to tell my wife....

-m
How about..

"Darling, i bought this stereo ribbon microphone because it is the very best thing for me to use to record your beautiful voice so that i may play it back to soothe me on those days we must be apart."

bap
takin' a dinner break

Post by bap » Sun May 20, 2007 7:46 pm

konabuzz wrote:It's 8:45 local Central time.....too late for the deal?
Give it a try - Victors in France and is definitely not on U.S. Central time!

It may work.
'Oh... no... it wasn't the airplane...it was beauty that killed the beast.'

theonlymagicalpig
ass engineer

Post by theonlymagicalpig » Mon May 21, 2007 7:53 am

There are still 17 mics available for the price of 235$ each until I receive them. Once I'll have the microphones I will re-sell them for 300$. You have more or less 2 months to get you one that's still half the business price!!

Victor.
"Always Pig"