Dumping Adobe Audition into PTLE 7.1????

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

squizo
pushin' record

Dumping Adobe Audition into PTLE 7.1????

Post by squizo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:09 pm

I just got some mix work from some old friends living in the mountains of China/Nepal, They are using Adobe Audition 1.5 ( i havent used it since it was cool edit pro in 1997 or whatever) and sent me a DVD of the PKfiles and Audio. A friend loaned me an old laptop that is running audition and it seems like the sessions open up quite nicely and such. But how the hell am i gonna get it into PTLE?

Anyone round these parts done such a thing?

squizo
pushin' record

Post by squizo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:05 am

umm hello

tap tap

is this thing on?

flapmaggot
takin' a dinner break

Post by flapmaggot » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi,

I use Adobe Audition 1.5 as my DAW software but the studio has been very busy and I've been wondering the same thing. Here is what I have been doing for all my clients after they get thier CD's.

For the little wave files that appear in the middle of a track, I mix them into an unused wave file that starts from the beginning. That way, they have a data CD of wave files that start all in the same spot. This doesn't, however, keep all the session settings as these are merely wave files with the same starting point.

Another way is through a software called EDL convert. I don't know too much about it though.
Go Here: www.cuibono-soft.com

Does anybody else have any ideas??

Chuck

squizo
pushin' record

Post by squizo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:51 am

thanks for replying!

im gonna check the software out for sure and then get back....

anyone else care to chime in?

mRG
studio intern

Post by mRG » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:55 am

I did just this once (Audition to PTLE), but strangely only have a very vague memory of how I did it, I guess because in the end I didn't redo the mix in PTLE as I was intending. Ah well. Anyway - Audition 2 adds a load of file/track export options over Audition 1.5 - you can just choose to export all the tracks at once and it'll fart them out as consolidated WAVs ready to drop in at zero in PTLE, and they'll all line up nicely. If I remember rightly, anyway.

You can get an uncrippled 30 day trial of Audition 2 at the Adobe site, perfect for a one off export like you need to do ...

raw-tracks
takin' a dinner break

Post by raw-tracks » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:42 pm

As mentioned, the only fail-safe way to transfer files from any DAW to any other DAW is to consolidate all the tracks so they are each a single file that starts at the begining of the song. Then, it's like a reel of tape. You just import all the files into the new DAW and away you go.
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills!
Mix Our Tracks in Your DAW!
www.Raw-Tracks.com

Seej
takin' a dinner break

Post by Seej » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:34 pm

mRG wrote:I did just this once (Audition to PTLE), but strangely only have a very vague memory of how I did it, I guess because in the end I didn't redo the mix in PTLE as I was intending. Ah well. Anyway - Audition 2 adds a load of file/track export options over Audition 1.5 - you can just choose to export all the tracks at once and it'll fart them out as consolidated WAVs ready to drop in at zero in PTLE, and they'll all line up nicely. If I remember rightly, anyway.

You can get an uncrippled 30 day trial of Audition 2 at the Adobe site, perfect for a one off export like you need to do ...
or you can d/l off a torrent site like my buddy did.
"You can have a crappy drum set and still be a good drummer. And then you can have a $15,000 drum set with all these drums and the drummer's crap."-Mike Gibbins (1949-2005)

http://www.soundcloud.com/Seej1982