Ramsa / Panasonic DA7

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Lost on side
gettin' sounds

Ramsa / Panasonic DA7

Post by Lost on side » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:29 pm

So I have a 1/2-inch 8-track and I need a mixer. I have been wondering about the Da7. Can it be used essentially as an automated mixer? I will be tracking through outboard preamps , and just using the mixer for mixing. Will the Da7 convert the signal to digital, or just pass the signal?
I also have read something about "cards". Users have posted about digital cards and analog cards. Do I need some special interchangeable cards that are slotted into the board. I'm confused?

gradwellhouse
alignin' 24-trk

Post by gradwellhouse » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:12 pm

I had a DA7 for years. Its an awesome board, very flexible and you can get it ultra cheap now.
It does have card slots so you can decide what I/O functions it has. There are 3 slots, you can do Adat I/O, analog (8 channels per card i think) but that card was always very expensive. There were a bunch of other options but i cant remember em all.

The adat card was cheap, like 125 or something back when i had one (4 years ago).

So...for you to come out of your 8 track and into it you would need to get the analog card or run it through the micpres at line level.

It has automation but its not very intuative, atleast not for me but you can do scene recall and that was HUGE for me when i got it, changed the way i worked forever.

try http://www.audiotalkback.com/forums/ubb ... p/ubb/cfrm this was the old DA7.com i think, very helpful dudes

Steve