Mbox 2 Micro YEAH RIGHT!!!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

wedge
tinnitus

Post by wedge » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:56 pm

syrupcore wrote:For 50 bucks more, I'd rather get a mini.
That's the dillio. It's not much bigger, and it has loads more capabilities... It's certainly portable, and you can actually record with it, should you wish. I have an Mbox2 Mini, and I really dig it... The micro makes me think that digidesign is panicked about something... I gotta wonder what...

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:38 pm

price aside, I am glad it exists. I like to have choices in the marketplace, of which there are more than EVER. There are 50 illion times the number of pre's, ways to record, microphones.... everything to do with recording, really... more than ever before, and I love it. I like that we all have the option to get whatever the hell we want, even if this thing seems retarded to you, it may be perfect for me. I probably would just get a mini, but maybe I would just get this litle dongle and keep it in my laptop case. That way if I was at a session, working on an HD rig, and I needed to to some bounces to burn a listener for a session player that was leaving before we would be totally done, my assistant could do it right on the laptop.or maybe some editing to be done on a song while I am mixing something else ? Of course, that sort of situation has been dealt with just fine with my old 1st gen Mbox, and a laptop, and LE7.1, but this little thing is kind of an awesome way to do that sort of thing and not even need to find a place to put the Mbox or the Mini... My assistant could be editing , sitting on the couch comfortably...

I am just glad that the companies keep making things for us to choose from. WHether we buy it or not remains to be seen , of course....

knobtwirler
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by knobtwirler » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:36 pm

ipressrecord wrote: If I can use my BLA 828mk2 as an interface with the MBox Micro and Pro Tools LE, even better.
Unfortunately it isn't just a dongle, and MOTU interfaces don't work with Pro Tools LE, unless there is something you know that I don't.

squizo
pushin' record

Post by squizo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:54 pm

whenever you guys are ready to unite and storm the AVID CORP. offices ,guerilla style, let me know

i have many complaints and i would also like my soul returned

god bless

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:25 pm

What the crap is a dongle?

Mike
All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet...

vier-personen
gettin' sounds

Post by vier-personen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:36 am

I don?t use protools, but it?s still interesting for me. here?s a quote form unicornation, perhaps this helps anyone around here.
jrdmcdnld wrote:I found a workaround to get audio into PTLE directly from my 828mkII.

I took a screen video in case anyone is interested in this. It works well, but I haven't tested the latency of overdubbing factor yet. Hopefully I can come up with a workaround for that too.

Basically, you use JackOSX's audio server and VST plugin wrapped as RTAS to access the 828mkII (or any audio interface). As I've found out, the latency has to match in the PTLE session and JackOSX server (1024 in this case) otherwise there are bad audio artifacts.

Enjoy.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1156203

(there is no sound in the vid)

-Jay

lysander
pushin' record

Post by lysander » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:09 am

MichaelAlan wrote:What the crap is a dongle?

Mike
It's an appendage that validates the existence of something. So it's actually kind of like a dong.

knobtwirler
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by knobtwirler » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:03 pm

vier-personen wrote:I don?t use protools, but it?s still interesting for me. here?s a quote form unicornation, perhaps this helps anyone around here.
jrdmcdnld wrote:I found a workaround to get audio into PTLE directly from my 828mkII.

I took a screen video in case anyone is interested in this. It works well, but I haven't tested the latency of overdubbing factor yet. Hopefully I can come up with a workaround for that too.

Basically, you use JackOSX's audio server and VST plugin wrapped as RTAS to access the 828mkII (or any audio interface). As I've found out, the latency has to match in the PTLE session and JackOSX server (1024 in this case) otherwise there are bad audio artifacts.

Enjoy.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1156203

(there is no sound in the vid)

-Jay
Will this work with any MOTU device, like the MOTU Traveller, and will it work in PT 7.3.1, not just 6.9?

Fac06
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Fac06 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:13 pm

lysander wrote:
MichaelAlan wrote:What the crap is a dongle?

Mike
It's an appendage that validates the existence of something. So it's actually kind of like a dong.
Thats funny...but very true....

Fac06
"Let them be clay that in his hands he might mould them"
Walter Paisley