DIY marshall 18 watt tube amp

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

lanxe
gettin' sounds

DIY marshall 18 watt tube amp

Post by lanxe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:25 pm

I built this marshall style 18 watt tube amp using the ceria tone transformers and turret board (point to point wiring). it is a great amp with killer tone.

i built the head unit (not the combo amp) as seen here: http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPage ... /BS18w.htm

i guarantee this amp and its construction. i would like to get $500 for it.

i will take some pictures inside and out and post them. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. thanks. email me at bocookdot7@yahoo.com

lanxe
gettin' sounds

Post by lanxe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:16 am

here are some pictures - it is an old marshall artist 3203 chassis that was no longer working, so i gutted it and put in the 18 watt.

JdJ
pushin' record

Post by JdJ » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:24 am

Are you selling it with the Marshall head cabinet? I really haven't heard an 18watt, but am interested in trying one out. Do you have an other or is it not really your bag?

lanxe
gettin' sounds

Post by lanxe » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:44 am

yeah, its the whole head (wood cab and metal chassis). i just separated the two for the picture. sorry to confuse you.

yeah, its a great amp really. i just have way too much stuff (including other amps). and this is the only amp i have that a) is light enough to ship and b) is something i am confident i can build again although it will cost me about the same as what i am asking.

actually i put this on ebay just today for a buy it now price of $475. if a tapeopper buys it, i will split the shipping.

here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=38075