FS: Otari MX5050 mk III with LOTS of extras *SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

JASIII
george martin

FS: Otari MX5050 mk III with LOTS of extras *SOLD

Post by JASIII » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:47 pm

SOLD

I have a MX5050 mk III 8 track R2R to sell, nice condition overall. I haven't used it in a couple years, might as well sell it to buy new gear. Last time I used it I noticed track 1 wasn't playing back audio, it appears that the tape path needs adjustments, it doesn't look like the tape is making even contact across the heads and at the edge track 1 isn't contacting the playback head. So a trip to the tech may be in order. Otherwise works great, had it serviced by Full Compass in Madison, WI not long before I stopped using it. A couple of the strips of trim are peeling off or have fallen off. Heads still have a lot of life left on them, wear is not serious.

$600 takes it along with all of these extra goodies(!):

-Includes about 12 reels of various 1/2" tape, including some unopened Scotch pancakes. I didn't count but it's a stack of more than 10 reels for sure.

-MRL tape

- original manual

- Remote control

- 2 Zaolla snakes I had custom made, wired for the Otari XLR pin 3 hot thing. Solid silver wiring, these suckers are expensive and really great quality. The retail on the snakes alone is over $700. Both are 10', one is TRS to XLR F, the other is XLRM to XLRF.

- a replacement 'motherboard' and other parts like brake parts, etc

- Misc accessories including a de-magger, and whatever other associated items I find lying around

- A wheeled stand w/ rack rails underneath.

This is the total package for anyone wanting to jump into the analog world. Shipping all of this would be expensive as hell and a monstrous headache, so I'm selling it as pickup only. I'm located in Green Bay, WI but am willing to drive as far as Milwaukee or Madison to meet up for the sale.

PM me if interested
Last edited by JASIII on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:30 am

bump
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

mikecorwin
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by mikecorwin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 am

Hey - If for some reason you decide to split up some items, I'd be interested in the MRL tape and spare parts (I've got an MX5050 of my own here at the studio and love it). However, those interested in this machine should really consider getting this entire package, it's a great deal!

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 am

If I don't get any interest soon, I'll PM you about the MRL, etc. thanks

mikecorwin
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by mikecorwin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:42 am

Thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully someone will snag up the whole package.

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:22 am

last bump before ebay.

Price reduced to $500.