2008 Gear Wish List

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Post by Sean Sullivan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:11 am

Ouch, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled in the summer...it's really weird because some days they bother me (by pinching the back of my check when I eat) while other days I don't notice them.
Still waiting for a Luna reunion

pixeltarian
buyin' gear

Post by pixeltarian » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:51 am

Universal Audio UA-S610
OR
a PAIR of Telefunken V676's

m-audio pulsar II (pair)
Oktava Modified MK-319
something from cascade.

Fishman Aura Imaging Pedal

Behringer BCF-2000 B-CONTROL FADER
Last edited by pixeltarian on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat."
- Napoleon Hill

http://www.jeffreyjamesmusic.com
spook folk

http://www.myspace.com/tonguesonpaper
electro atmospheric rock

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Post by Sean Sullivan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:06 am

Hey Pixel, how soon are you looking to buy a Solo 610? I might be selling my M610, which is the solo version of the 2-610 which has more EQ options and variable impedance controls, as well as other advantages and I read about but can't recall and upgrading to a LA-610 once I have some extra spending money. Would you be interested?
Still waiting for a Luna reunion

Jon Nolan
tinnitus

Post by Jon Nolan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:29 am

joel hamilton wrote: I have to get my f@%#^&king wisdom teeth out first, and my health insurance doesnt cover it. Its expensive to do stuff I couldnt afford to do wwhen I was younger.
Yuck.
i feel you dude. in '92, my dentist told me i'd need my wisdom teeth out that year. 6 years later, when i got hitched and finally had insurance again (thank you wife!) i had 'em all taken out. my teeth suck. i'm still getting fixed up from the lean years.

oh, and wishlist:

coles and or beyer ribbons
api 3124 and or hamptone tube
and mostly, a new and functional space that i can set up shop in for at least a coupla years!

pixeltarian
buyin' gear

Post by pixeltarian » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:49 am

minorleagues wrote:Hey Pixel, how soon are you looking to buy a Solo 610? I might be selling my M610, which is the solo version of the 2-610 which has more EQ options and variable impedance controls, as well as other advantages and I read about but can't recall and upgrading to a LA-610 once I have some extra spending money. Would you be interested?
well shoot. how much do you want for it? I want to buy one as soon as I can get the scratch. I'm selling a bunch of junk on e-bay right now to raise the funds. Is it tube or transistor?
"Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat."
- Napoleon Hill

http://www.jeffreyjamesmusic.com
spook folk

http://www.myspace.com/tonguesonpaper
electro atmospheric rock

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:12 am

joel hamilton wrote:Bricasti M7 reverb.

I have to get my f@%#^&king wisdom teeth out first, and my health insurance doesnt cover it. Its expensive to do stuff I couldnt afford to do wwhen I was younger.
Yuck.
don't use a dentist for this, find a good oral surgeon to do it.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

calaverasgrandes
ghost haunting audio students

Post by calaverasgrandes » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:50 pm

Almost got a real nice IT gig this year but was dneied because I have bad credit! So part of my wish list is to take a big bite out of my credit mountain.
Also to move to a less dodgy neighborhood.
After that
1)5 string Stingray from the 90's with a maple f-board. Black.
2)a new comp, probably a 160 or some other such mono comp which is good on bass and kick.
3)a ribbon. I really want a 44 or 77 but will settle for an AEA.
4)finish my god damn PM1000 project. I just need to find the right box for it really.
5)dsub patchbay and cables (this goes with the PM1000, way easier to run'em out to a dsub than 8 ins and 8 outs)
6) some really stellar AD and DA. Looking for just an ass kicking stereo pair for now. Lavry looks good, as does the UA and API boxes. I was looking at the apogee but the "mini" ones specs arent so great. Yeah I want 88.2khz so the Aphex ones arent my bag.
7)a tab 421
8)poly 800 hawk kit
9)another mooogerfooger or DBA box.
10)new DAW (or at least new drives and CPU)
11)upgrade my TC powercore to the PCI version.
12)another pair of Moscots
??????? wrote: "everything sounds best right before it blows up."

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:13 pm

joel hamilton wrote:Bricasti M7 reverb.

I have to get my f@%#^&king wisdom teeth out first, and my health insurance doesnt cover it. Its expensive to do stuff I couldnt afford to do wwhen I was younger.
Yuck.
luckily i was still in high school, living with the mom and the dad and covered by their insurance when i got mine yanked. As refd said, go to an oral surgeon, they'll make it more comfortable.. knocked my ass out cold with an IV, woke up on my parents couch.. i guess i told my mom a lot of crazy shit when i was drugged up, stuff she rather not of known!! hahaha.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 am

joel there's gotta be a dental school in town somewhere, you can have grad students pull your teeth for like a third the price of a dentist. i had a little bit of an adventure getting mine out, but it was all fine in the end.

wish list in no particular order:
new computer
pair of r84s or r92s
another m160
some nice stereo analog eq
germanium pre and/or a hamptone
some sort of 335 type geetar
a nice dark ride cymbal
a proper vacation

linus
re-cappin' neve

Post by linus » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:44 am

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:joel there's gotta be a dental school in town somewhere, you can have grad students pull your teeth for like a third the price of a dentist. i had a little bit of an adventure getting mine out, but it was all fine in the end.
I third the suggestion for an oral surgeon over a dentist for this. More comfortable.

But if you decide you want to save the cash instead I'd recommend contacting NYU Dental School.
Check out my website for cool songs recorded and played by me with Steve Goulding of the Mekons on drums. Drums were recorded by our own Joel H at Studio G.
www.linusNYC.com

linus
re-cappin' neve

Post by linus » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:55 am

My wish list:
1) A patchbay solution.
2) Get my Optigan(s) repaired/working
3) replace my Rosetta 800 with an Aurora 16 or add a DA16x to my set up for more outputs.
4) Get the master section of my board refurb'd by Oram.
5) a pair of dBx 160x compressors
6) B&W 805s

Now can I get rediculous and wish for things that AREN'T going to happen?

7) U47
8) Stereo tube EMT plate reverb
9) '62 slabboard strat
10) '59 P Bass

Then my life would be complete... Really... No, seriously... I'm not kidding...

Yeah right.
Check out my website for cool songs recorded and played by me with Steve Goulding of the Mekons on drums. Drums were recorded by our own Joel H at Studio G.
www.linusNYC.com

mangoose
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mangoose » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:28 am

linus wrote: 2) Get my Optigan(s) repaired/working
good luck with that! i don't even know where to start on mine...too many moving parts

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:44 pm

linus wrote:slabboard strat
make that a '63 to '65 "L series" and you're talkin'!

'62 "L series" slab rosewood board Strats do exist, but they're vanishingly rare.

FWIW, keep in mind that they stopped putting a date on the bodies after '63.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

calaverasgrandes
ghost haunting audio students

Post by calaverasgrandes » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Oh if we are talking about things we wish could happen, I'm still waiting for that Musicman Cutlass to show up on the 'bay (or any of the graphite necked MM basses). Or for a previously unknown to anyone 5 string Ovation Magnum to surface. Just wishes.
I will someday own a RCA 77 again.
I will someday get my hands on a Traynor YBA1a and a YBA3a
??????? wrote: "everything sounds best right before it blows up."

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:35 am

linus wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:joel there's gotta be a dental school in town somewhere, you can have grad students pull your teeth for like a third the price of a dentist. i had a little bit of an adventure getting mine out, but it was all fine in the end.
I third the suggestion for an oral surgeon over a dentist for this. More comfortable.

But if you decide you want to save the cash instead I'd recommend contacting NYU Dental School.
going to a very good oral surgeon, for sure. already have the appointment.
thanks!

i would love to have more time to travel on my wush list, and maybe an ADL 660!