Looks like Headgear Recording has one of these...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

i am monster face
buyin' gear

Post by i am monster face » Thu May 29, 2008 3:26 am

A long, long night of mixing. I came out to the lounge and find this...

That's Ren, the Chihuahua. He hangs out here when I can't get home, simply because he will freak out, pee on stuff, and eat power cables when I leave him alone all day. Understandable.

Doesn't bark. Doesn't bite. He's just...chill.

Ian

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Thu May 29, 2008 7:09 am

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:
superaction80 wrote:Sorry about Pooh. Prior to Chupacabra (the big one), we had another Boston named Mame. We lost her over a year ago to a brain tumor. Not good times at all.
sorry about mame. pooh had a blood clot in his leg that moved to his brain, the vet said they could attempt some heroics but it would only forestall things, so mom and dad (our neighbors who share the space) pulled the plug.

it was a weep-a-rama here for sure.

but what can you do? we have a new guy named franz, who's not quite the character pooh was, but he's still a cutie AND a much better mouser. i think pooh was getting kickbacks from the mice or something...
One of the few (IMHO) for-sure drawbacks involved with owning an animal: you are very likely to out live them. Several times over.
Prog out with your cog out.

linus
re-cappin' neve

Post by linus » Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 am

I have studio roaches. I haven't named them but some of there are large enough to wear a collar and leash.
Check out my website for cool songs recorded and played by me with Steve Goulding of the Mekons on drums. Drums were recorded by our own Joel H at Studio G.
www.linusNYC.com

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 am

fossiltooth wrote:
trodden wrote:
fossiltooth wrote:
trodden wrote: yeah and no, well she can be, depending on her mood. She's really "special" and I don't think she knows she's a dog. She doesn't really seem to get along with other dogs, unless they're friends of ours or not interested in "hanging out" with her. She's very smart.. and Its annoying when I find her in the garden cause she "knows" that its off limits but does it just to get to me... But yeah, she's a total princess and gets treated like one so that doesn't seem to help her attitude problem.
Time to start watching some Cesar Milan, dude.

If you don't watch television, try the book "Cesar's Way".

It's pretty crucial reading for any modern human who owns a dog.

It's one of those rare things where the cheesy presentation and marketing that surrounds it masks deep truth and sheer awesomeness.
ummm, you know its rude to tell people how to raise their kids?

First off, its not my dog. Its up to the "owner" not me.

Second, the owners have Cesar's book and videos and have invested in private trainers. They are good parents.

Asunder is a good dog. Just different than most dogs.

and let me add, so it doesn't seem like i'm trying to bust balls...

If she were MY dog, things would be different. Unfortunately there is at times a lack of uniform regularity with training between her and the parents, and If I were to adopt a way, different from what the owners are doing, i think it may just confuse the poor thing even more. So yeah, it comes down to who is "mom and dad" or "pack leader" which I'm up above her in pack hierarchy, but not as high as mom and dad.. probably wrestling with her and acting like a dog isn't helping. .but its fun..
Oh shit. I'm doing it again. Sorry man.

I was just trying to say that this sh*t helped me with my dog, who had similar issues to the ones you described.

I'll say it better next time...

...I promise!
ahahahah its cool. I've gotten kind of used to your posting style i think.. cheers.

ec
ass engineer

Post by ec » Thu May 29, 2008 12:09 pm

See my avatar photo. That's Bessie. She stopped eating the knobs off of my gear, which is good---she's about 75lb and can reach most of the stuff at any usable altitude.

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Thu May 29, 2008 5:36 pm

I love Cesar, watching that show has definitely helped out with my dog too.

(This was my valentines date this year, thats why it says that ha.)

Do any of your animals react strongly to the music you play? I have another cat that fucking hates guitar. When I play guitart she starts freaking out and starts acting all wild. If you play piano or marimba around him it will lull him right to sleep. Weird....

Anything like that happen with you guys?

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu May 29, 2008 7:35 pm

InvalidInk wrote:I love Cesar, watching that show has definitely helped out with my dog too.

Do any of your animals react strongly to the music you play? I have another cat that fucking hates guitar. When I play guitart she starts freaking out and starts acting all wild. If you play piano or marimba around him it will lull him right to sleep. Weird....

we rehearse in the house as well. So Asunder has been around loud doom metal since she was a couple of months old.. she actually goes and takes a quick nap while we rehearse and is up and ready to hang when we're done. I think that may be one reason why fireworks/4th of july doesn't freak her out.. she's used to loud stuff.

I really want a black cat....

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Thu May 29, 2008 7:55 pm

InvalidInk wrote:I love Cesar, watching that show has definitely helped out with my dog too.

Chupa gets freaked out when I play sax. Everything else, he's underfoot. I was recording someone else playing alto two days ago (the client who lost a sandal) and Chupa was underfoot. I assumed he'd spllt when the horn started, but no, so I had to kick him out of the room. Not his best day.

When I used to rehearse at my friend Donnie's place, his dog Ella would howl whenever I'd go into the altissimo register (the squeal-ey super-high stuff that Lennie Pickett from the SNL band lives in).
Prog out with your cog out.

newfuturevintage
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by newfuturevintage » Fri May 30, 2008 10:17 am

we got one of these. I think he's a vintage reissue:

He's waiting for a singer to get done before it's his turn to do overdubs.

the finger genius
re-cappin' neve

Post by the finger genius » Sat May 31, 2008 10:04 pm

Cash

When recording in the living room, i often later find scratching post noise in the track. Sweet.

vvv wrote:
That said, what I'm gettin' at is, perfectionism is for the truly defective.

You may quote me.

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Sat May 31, 2008 11:04 pm

This is Hank. The best cat EVER.

Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:31 am

awww look at those little mew mewsss

i am monster face
buyin' gear

Post by i am monster face » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:09 pm

the finger genius wrote:Cash

When recording in the living room, i often later find scratching post noise in the track. Sweet.

Ima on ur recordz...scratchin to the beatz

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:59 pm

:D

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:19 am

I like cute little kittens and puppies as much as the next person, but this is really far outside the scope of "gear talk."