"Real Guitar" Guitar Hero?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Post by comfortstarr » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Harry wrote: Well.... the last time I sat my 5 year old down and started explaining music theory to him he started to cry:)
I see you're in Indiana, I'm going to put in a call to the state child welfare agency, you're a monster!

I cried when I took it in college.

ckeene
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by ckeene » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 pm

curtiswyant wrote:I think Tape Op Hero is coming out next. Players will compete to set up mics, align tape machines, get accurate levels (without clipping!) and apply compressor settings under direction of a producer. Soldering iron controller and cable attachment sold separately.

When you are really kicking ass the game will shout totally rad catchphrases at you like WARM! and PUMPIN! And just when you've almost beat the game you'll have to "try another take." :wink: :D
Haha, can't wait to see the round where you have to mic a drumkit with only three mics

Also the "pick the best mic pre for under $100" round - very difficult!

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:48 pm

How about the "come up with the most airtight, infallible justification for/defense of home recording" aka "try to convince Jeff once and for all"

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:50 pm

ysyrtypy wrote:How about the "come up with the most airtight, infallible justification for/defense of home recording" aka "try to convince Jeff once and for all"
Sorta like the end of Level 1 of House of the Dead where there's this big red monster you have to shoot at and shoot at and it just never dies?
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

judecca
takin' a dinner break

Post by judecca » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:20 am

curtiswyant wrote:I think Tape Op Hero is coming out next. Players will compete to set up mics, align tape machines, get accurate levels (without clipping!) and apply compressor settings under direction of a producer. Soldering iron controller and cable attachment sold separately.

When you are really kicking ass the game will shout totally rad catchphrases at you like WARM! and PUMPIN! And just when you've almost beat the game you'll have to "try another take." :wink: :D
I'm hoping for a Wii rigging game, hang the chain motor, climb the rope ladder, focus the lighting fixture, chase the hands down after break....
"what burns metal, burns hands"

Tonelab Studios
Advanced Audio & Lighting Systems
ryan@tonelabstudios.com
www.tonelabstudios.com