Studiomixer II console

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

jakeao
steve albini likes it

Studiomixer II console

Post by jakeao » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:53 am

does anyone know anything about Studiomixer consoles? I just got one on Ebay, for super cheap :D but it doesn't have a power supply. I'm ok making my own if I have to, but it would nice to just buy something that would work. Any info anyone can share would be geat. Thanks

I got the console home, and am wondering if anyone knows anything about these at all? From what I can tell it was built in the early 80's by a company called Amerimex. Any info would be great. Here is a photo of it.

..."Look lady it's real simple. You slip me the cash, and I slip you the wiener."
" But I don't have any cash"
" Then I don't have a wiener!!!"

operator_tape
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by operator_tape » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:47 pm

very pretty console so got yourselves there, well I cant really give you much info but just the regular mainternance a console takes would be good, i.e. cleaning pots, faders etc.

Re-Capping might also be needed, so you should check that out

There is a power supply at mouser. I dont remember the name I think is the PSA-HDD-120 or something like that. Do a search on the forum and you should be able to find it.

Have fun

jakeao
steve albini likes it

Post by jakeao » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:51 am

I looked around a little for a power suppy, and I see a lot of them rated at 17v, but my console needs 15v. is 2v more going to make a difference or does it have to be 15v? Thanks for the help.
..."Look lady it's real simple. You slip me the cash, and I slip you the wiener."

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:30 am

There should be bunches of 15V supplies out there. At the amperage you need, it might be worth checking on ebay--linear power supplies can get a little pricy.

jakeao
steve albini likes it

Post by jakeao » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:01 am

Any kind of an idea what the amp draw would be for a console this size? Is there some where on the circuit boards I could look and find some sort of a clue as to what it might be? Thanks again for the info.