someone want to mix a live show? (multitrack wavs)

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

asouth
audio school

someone want to mix a live show? (multitrack wavs)

Post by asouth » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:21 pm

my band played a show and the engineer kindly multitracked the gig. I am looking for someone to mix the show together that has 'live tracked' mixing expirience and a good sounding reel. I'm a believer in the tape op community and I'd like to throw some work out there.

The band is four piece, pretty eclectic music. The entire show is 2h 20m, and I'd like to get the whole thing mixed, but there are def 10 songs or so I would focus on.

The files are wav 44.1/16 and they all line up and are labeled. I pulled the tracks into Logic and have been messing around with them, everything is at a nice level and consistent (except for the keys). The instrumentation is drums, bass, guitar, keys and three vocals - also included is a set of audience mics, and a line return from a reel-to-reel used for echo.

If interested, drop me a PM. I can pay, but the budget is limited.

RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

Post by RoyMatthews » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Hey Andrew! It's Roy from the Loft. Remember me? We still have some 2" reels of yours here do you want them? We're always looking to make some space.
As to mixing I'd be willing to help you out but I may be a bit too busy at the moment.
"If there's one ironclad rule of pop history, it's this: The monkey types Hamlet only once."

Rhythm
audio school graduate

Needed?

Post by Rhythm » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:27 am

Hey Asouth,
If you PM me your e-mail I'd be happy to send over a few tracks that I've done live mixes for. Also, I'd be down to do a preview mix of one of your tracks if you send over the multi-wavs.

DP

toastchee
studio intern

Post by toastchee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:50 am

I would like to do it for the experience. Thanks

Greg Furgason
audio school graduate

Re: someone want to mix a live show? (multitrack wavs)

Post by Greg Furgason » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:13 pm

asouth wrote:my band played a show and the engineer kindly multitracked the gig. I am looking for someone to mix the show together that has 'live tracked' mixing expirience and a good sounding reel. I'm a believer in the tape op community and I'd like to throw some work out there.

The band is four piece, pretty eclectic music. The entire show is 2h 20m, and I'd like to get the whole thing mixed, but there are def 10 songs or so I would focus on.

The files are wav 44.1/16 and they all line up and are labeled. I pulled the tracks into Logic and have been messing around with them, everything is at a nice level and consistent (except for the keys). The instrumentation is drums, bass, guitar, keys and three vocals - also included is a set of audience mics, and a line return from a reel-to-reel used for echo.

If interested, drop me a PM. I can pay, but the budget is limited.

We are 22 Min from Midtown NYC and we have a special Indie Rock Rate of $399/day - overnite 8 PM to 8 AM hours-DDA AMR-24 36x24x24x2 - Mix From/ to Pro Tools or NUENDO. We mix mostly OTB, but we have over 200 plugins for ITB.
I have a custom patch for erratic levels that will tame that tiger!

Entertainment is art. Art comes from human creativity. And creativity is inspiration ... the vision of 'what could be that is not yet'

Regards,
Greg Furgason
973 642-5132
Power Play Digital