Logic- need help w burning cd's

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Trem2
gettin' sounds

Logic- need help w burning cd's

Post by Trem2 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm a rookie using Logic 8. I recorded a friend and she played 3 songs, all within a single Logic project. I mixed the songs and then wanted to put them all as separate tracks on one cd for her. But when I use bounce and burn it will only let me burn one tune (highlighted section) out of the project on to cd. I tried checking the multiple session box in the pop up menu but it wouldn't let me burn more than once on to it.

So then I try just bouncing to disk and dragging the bounced files into a burn folder to put on a cd. The resulting cd wouldn't play on either mine or her cd player.

So I need to ask some stupid questions:

What is the appropriate file format for cd audio. Is it AIFF ? 16 bit I know - stereo interleaved I'm guessing - What else do I need to know ?

Anthony Caruso
pushin' record

Post by Anthony Caruso » Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 pm

CD audio files should be stereo interleaved AIFF or WAV, 16 bit 44.1KHz.

Dragging them to a burn folder and burning a CD is probably making a data CD, which is unplayable as audio on regular CD players. An easy way to make an audio CD is to use iTunes. Create a new playlist, drag your mixes into that playlist folder. They will automatically be copied into your iTunes Music folder at their current sample rate, bit depth etc. Fill in all appropriate track info. Drag titles up and down to put the tracks in order. Click Burn CD. There is other software like Toast that can burn CD's faster, make DVD's, and more, but iTunes will get you audio CD's no problem.

Maybe a Logic pro (hehe) here can clear up how to burn straight from Logic. That I don't know.

Trem2
gettin' sounds

Post by Trem2 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 pm

cool- thanks for the info

Trem2
gettin' sounds

Post by Trem2 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Hmmm... doesn't seem to be working. itunes won't accept the files when I try to drop them in.

Gentleman Jim
buyin' a studio

Post by Gentleman Jim » Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Bounce the files to your desktop as whatever format you want. (aiff, wav, mp3, aac) Then take them from your desktop and drag them into an iTunes playlist called "my friend's songs." Then burn the disc in iTunes.

Does this work?

Trem2
gettin' sounds

Post by Trem2 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 am

Ok- That works- thanks so much for the info.