San Francisco; let's record something.

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

nlmd311
tinnitus

San Francisco; let's record something.

Post by nlmd311 » Mon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Hello everybody,
I'm going to be visiting San Francisco the third week of June.
I was thinking it would be fun to create some sounds online with someone from the message board, and meet up in San Francisco to record our thoughts.

Think of it as an exercise in songwriting, a way to try something new, as a chance for an impromptu band, or as a social experiment.

I am going to be staying in the Mosser hotel, which I was thrilled to see houses a studio (Studio Paradiso). We could do the recording there, or maybe somewhere else close. I won't have a ton of time while in town, but could definitely fit in a few hours of recording time.

Anyone interested?

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

BossMcGravity
audio school

Definitely

Post by BossMcGravity » Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm totally down for a recording adventure. What's your style? You can see some of my acoustic mixes on marcusphillips.com - please let me know if it interests you, and either way have fun on your visit out here.

Marcus

pookmunny
audio school

let's record something

Post by pookmunny » Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 am

Hey there,
My name is Rob and I have recorded at Studio Paradiso a few times already. GREAT STUDIO! Shawn Biggs runs the studio and I'm sure he could find a slot for you while you're here. I am a songwriter/musician/producer/engineer. I play drums guitar keys bass vox. I am versed in most styles of music. I'm happy to hear any ideas you have. Let's chat more.

Enjoy SF! I've been up here 2 yrs now, and it's stunningly beautiful.

Cheers,
Rob

nlmd311
tinnitus

Post by nlmd311 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Hey Rob,
Awesome to hear that you think Studio Paradiso is great.
I, as well, play drums, guitar, bass, and pretty much anything else I can get a noise out of - although, some of the noises are a bit less appealing than others.

I'll send you a message and we can talk. I'm up for pretty much anything. Just thought it would be a fun to do some recording while on to a trip to a place I've never been.

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

jkay
audio school

Would also like to hook up

Post by jkay » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:05 am

Hey folks, it's amazing how many studios in your own city you don't know about, even as an owner of one. The Mosser and Studio Paradiso is very close to the studio i opened with a friend 3 years ago - Faultline Studios. www.faultlinestudios.com.

I'd love to come down and see Paradiso and just hang out if you end up going that route. Of course, anyone is welcome to come take a tour of Faultline as well. Did I mention we have $1 Tecate in the vending machine??

Longtime reader of TapeOp but new to the board. Gearslutz has gotten so out of hand I think I'll start hanging around here...

Joe Kay