RICHMOND VA TapeOp folks? beer night or some such nonsense?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Post by DryCounty » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:37 pm

It's getting better every day. Today, Tom received a hand-me-down delivery of a bunch of cases of wood flooring. Hoping to steal it, we'll see. We're still about two weeks away from any kind of rehearsal though, as the room is small and LOUD. Must treat it very well. Have the control room set up though, and with a couch in here I could see a hang happening maybe next month?

Hey gang, if you guys go out have somebody call me: 804 six five one 6047

I'm heading to Avalon now to catch up with an old friend.
"I would imagine that the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fucking clean." -Hedberg
-----
Tulsa Drone
Dry County Records ? Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty

dave watkins
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by dave watkins » Sun May 24, 2009 1:48 am

well it's about time we get together again and throw back a few. i'm hoping that the lack of us posting to this thread for a while = that we are all busy doing a whole lot of awesome stuff.

i know i have been busy as hell but luckily the ballet end of things is slowing down and i can get back to focusing on music.

that being said i've got a couple things that just solidified well, pretty much yesterday.

i'm playing tonight (5/24/09) from 9 till 10 at bogarts as part of their grand reopening party at their new location on cary st. i hear tales of drink specials and such so if anyone is in town and looking for something to do tonight, join me, i should be there for a while outside of the set i'll be playing as well.

also i'm in the process of building a more proper website, as i'm growing tired of myspace being my main website at this point, and with the record i aim to finish this summer, i want something a bit better looking and more importantly, better sounding. so as part of that i have put together a bandcamp account and so far have made my gloriously ghetto (but fairly enjoyable) first solo record availiable for free in multiple formats. so check that out if you like. the link is in my sig.

back to the beer nights, i'm off on the last tour stop for the season next weekend, but the weekend after that and onward for a while look pretty good, and of course i'm always down for hosting if needed.

hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!
cheers,
dave
the tape is rolling, the ones and zeros are... um... ones and zeroing.
http://www.davewatkinsmusic.com

mr.E? ? ? ?
audio school

howdy yall

Post by mr.E? ? ? ? » Wed May 27, 2009 8:04 pm

if you guys dont know. . . . . my boy chris smith of prabir and subs fame a.k.a. DJ Eisenhower has the sickest record collection ive ever had the privilege to thumb thru(i would stab a stranger fer half of what he has put together). recently he started spinin at mojos on tuesday nights. . . . .i couldn't think of any better place fer a bunch of recording dorks to go drink beer. . . . . .

A-men

-e

vikingrecording
gettin' sounds

Post by vikingrecording » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:02 am

Hey, Evan!

I'm glad you made it over here! i think you'll find the board a great reference for everything!
I saw Dave at lunch today and we're looking at trying to get something happening this weekend!

Yeah!

dave watkins
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by dave watkins » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am

hell yes we are!

fri/sat anyone?

mr.monty70
audio school

beer nite

Post by mr.monty70 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:57 am

I am. Either day is good for me.

vikingrecording
gettin' sounds

Post by vikingrecording » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:22 pm

yeah, im not sure about my weekend yet, but i think sat night would work better for me...

dave watkins
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by dave watkins » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:02 am

saturday is pretty swell for me

dave watkins
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by dave watkins » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:15 am

bump

dave watkins
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by dave watkins » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 pm

ight well let me make this easyish,

i'll host this shindig and saturday looks to be the best for the most people, so that's what we'll roll with. i'll be down at my music space all day/evening working on various things, so come by and call me to get in. bring mixes, music, instruments, beverages, and friends and what have you. it'll be grand.

aim for showing up around 9 or 10ish, but feel free to come earlier or later if you've got other things going on, i'll be here.

i'm at: 407 E Canal Street in downtown richmond (the richmond ballet building) there's plenty of parking on the street.

my cell is 571.334.4159 call me when you get here and i'll let you in.

see you all saturday!

vikingrecording
gettin' sounds

Post by vikingrecording » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:23 pm

hell, yeah!

mr.monty70
audio school

Post by mr.monty70 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Right on.

ghostwriter
studio intern

still going on tonite????

Post by ghostwriter » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:53 am

Hello everyone. I'm just getting back into town and saw that the gear geeking and beer drinking might be going on tonite...is this true? could it be that i might actually be in town for this infamous get together? It would be great to drop by and actually get to meet everyone. Let me know if tonite is still a go. Thanks in advance.

cheers,

rich
"Autotune says it's E sharp....I know, I know."

www.richstine.com (producer site)
www.richstine.me (musician site)
twitter: @rich_stine

dave watkins
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by dave watkins » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:16 pm

yes sir it is indeed on for tonight! you should totally come join us if you like.

and to anyone who happens to catch this before heading out tonight. i'm down at my space right now, and there is something going on at browns island right now, so this usually empty part of downtown is full of people and cars. so if you can't find a place to park, feel free to park in the ballet parking lot right next to the building, it has it's entrance on 4th street, you have to loop around 3rd and byrd streets to get in cause of the one way streets, but it's not too hard to figure out, i'll make up some sort of parking passes or something.

most likely a lot of the people who are out now will be gone by the time we get started... but just in case.

ghostwriter
studio intern

sorry...

Post by ghostwriter » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:44 am

I missed the gathering last nite. a friend happened to have an extra ticket to the Doves, so I roadtripped it up to DC. When's the next meet up?
"Autotune says it's E sharp....I know, I know."

www.richstine.com (producer site)
www.richstine.me (musician site)
twitter: @rich_stine