SAN FRANCISCO - ampeg ba115 bass amp - verrrrrry short sale

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

DrummerMan
george martin

SAN FRANCISCO - ampeg ba115 bass amp - verrrrrry short sale

Post by DrummerMan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Here's the skinny. This belonged to my brother who died a few weeks ago. I was going to bring it back down to LA with me tomorrow but 1)I just don't have the room in the suv. 2) I've already got a really nice walter woods head that I use and owning this ampeg would only serve to give me something to lend to other people, which I don't really need. 3) I have no emotional attachment to it. It's just a combo amp, unlike his Specter bass for making fusion music which really isn't my style at all but I'm going to have to hold onto for a while for sentimental reasons.

Aaaaaaanyway...
It's about 5 years old but I can almost guarantee has never left his apartment. He wasn't a gigging musician and most likely used this thing once every otyer month to jam out along with some Jaco or jon Mayer cd. He was meticulous and extremely clean so condition is damn good.

So, $200. But I'd need to get it to you or preferreably you'd pick it up in lower PAC heights tomorrow morning. That's Wednesday, 7/29. I'd also entertain a trade for something as long as it's a fuckload smaller than a bass combo amp. Compressors and mics are probably what I'd be most interested in but who knows.

Call or text me at 646-373-6767. Tonight or early tomorrow morning. If I don't hear from anyone by 10am, I'll probably trade it to GC for credit towards getting Logic 9.
Geoff Mann
composer | drummer | Los Angeles, CA

UXB
steve albini likes it

Post by UXB » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Very sorry to hear about your brother. If you need to store it in my garage for a spell, you are welcome to. I'm in the inner Richmond. It won't be used and will sit safely.

Best,
H

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks for the offer. I ended up fitting it in the car (just barely) after GC offered me only $125.

a hex and plague on GC!!!!

Anyway. I'll probably hang on to it now that I have it at home. If after a year I still haven't used it then I can always sell it here.

Onward and upwards!
Geoff Mann

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:22 pm

And to be fair to GC, I understand why they offered that price. I just still didn't like it and thought it wouldn't be worth it for me.
Geoff Mann

Andrew707
takin' a dinner break

Post by Andrew707 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

I only try to sell something to GC if I want to raise my blood pressure. Just thinking about it makes me mad. But, yeah, they gotta make a buck.